So just how efective is the Razer Blade giveaway?

maulemall

How many new members signed up for this particular give away.

It seems to be Kind Of Epic...

Boatloads of 1 posters.

30 minutes ago, maulemall said:

Boatloads of 1 posters.

It'll be a one post that wins for sure.

Yes, as a one-poster myself I have thought of this also. Though I have been watching Linus for the past year or three I hadnt signed up to this forum - mainly as i have not signed up to a new forum for years..

Ultimately I think I will be spending time here but it would be interesting to know how many one posters are still around in a year or so

On a side note I was thinking about the selection process for the two winners - Say you've selected the Sleath winner, what happens if a post asking for the stealth is selected again? Do they 'spin' again? Guess i thought it was just interesting to think about

35 minutes ago, Rune said:

It'll be a one post that wins for sure.

Of course, But that's alright.

I would love to know the exact number though of new posters.

3 minutes ago, 3rick said:

Yes, as a one-poster myself I have thought of this also. Though I have been watching Linus for the past year or three I hadnt signed up to this forum - mainly as i have not signed up to a new forum for years..

Ultimately I think I will be spending time here but it would be interesting to know how many one posters are still around in a year or so

On a side note I was thinking about the selection process for the two winners - Say you've selected the Sleath winner, what happens if a post asking for the stealth is selected again? Do they 'spin' again? Guess i thought it was just interesting to think about

I probably watched 3/4 of all his videos before I joined up so I understand.

They will probably end up selling 100 or so of the laptops just on the give away alone.

Linus benefits too.

1 minute ago, Canada EH said:

They will probably end up selling 100 or so of the laptops just on the give away alone.

Linus benefits too.

Must say, I have never considered buying one so much :x

Guess when you have an awesome product, half of the job is getting it on peoples minds

I cri...it's always a 1 post winner...unless I somehow won the stealth then I'll be over the moon! (while trying to somehow get 200 pounds together as 20% import tax...)

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

24 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

I cri...it's always a 1 post winner...unless I somehow won the stealth then I'll be over the moon! (while trying to somehow get 200 pounds together as 20% import tax...)

The Tax man always wins.

Just now, maulemall said:

The Tax man always wins.

Unless 2 canadians win both laptops :D (why can't razer ship it for us? I'm sure they'll be able to get rid of the import taxes for all of us ;-;)

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 hour ago, 3rick said:

hahahah same here i watch linus back when he working in NCIX wit his gold hair xD

I'm also a one poster.

I knew that LTT had a forum with a community but I never really bothered to sign up for it even though I've been watching it for years. I'm glad that the giveaway encouraged me to sign up because I like this forum. I do feel shameful for just signing up for that but yet I am glad I did. It's very cozy here.

3 hours ago, maulemall said:

The Tax man always wins.

Nope, that man doesnt always win.

I read something in the news paper how a Chinese real estate developer is skirting tax with peer-to-peer loans.

Not sure how trustworthy it is, unless there is collateral.

Just now, Canada EH said:

Nope, that man doesnt always win.

I read something in the news paper how a Chinese real estate developer is skirting tax with peer-to-peer loans.

Not sure how trustworthy it is, unless there is collateral.

Well correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the state own everything anyway?o.O

Just sayin...:D

6 hours ago, maulemall said:

Boatloads of 1 posters.

If they have, say, 50,000 new users sign up, if even 1% of those stay, that's still 500 new permanent forum members. And that 1% is probably on the low side.

Furthermore, the Forum doesn't represent the LTT community. LTT has over 3 Million subs (the point of the giveaway), and pre-giveaway, we only had around ~330,000 forum members.

Sorry friend, we forum members are the small minority of LTT community members.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Just now, dalekphalm said:

If they have, say, 50,000 new users sign up, if even 1% of those stay, that's still 500 new permanent forum members. And that 1% is probably on the low side.

Furthermore, the Forum doesn't represent the LTT community. LTT has over 3 Million subs (the point of the giveaway), and pre-giveaway, we only had around ~330,000 forum members.

Sorry friend, we forum members are the small minority of LTT community members.

I just hope they stick around.

Just now, maulemall said:

I just hope they stick around.

Oh some will. I've already seen new users from the Giveaway that are becoming regular posters - some even up into the hundreds of posts already.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Well I'm sort of a one poster? I definitely seen every video, probably, enough times to kinda say double the amount of their overall videos? I'm not sure. I've learned a great deal from Linus. I'm not the greatest follower though, I've never been in their twitch stream mainly cause I have my own time frame. I love forums but I never make time to become an efficient or known poster. I may not be the ideal fan, but I'm still a huge fan. I'm sure a good number of the new sign ups are pretty crazy about his videos. I think who ever wins deserves it.

2 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Oh some will. I've already seen new users from the Giveaway that are becoming regular posters - some even up into the hundreds of posts already.

Yea it's good to see fresh blood. Even if it makes the common battle lines a bit more muddy. Haha.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

I think I will probably be sticking around. I came here for the giveaway, stayed for the community.

9 minutes ago, Birdman2246 said:

I think I will probably be sticking around. I came here for the giveaway, stayed for the community.

Same, I actually joined this forum for a giveaway over two years ago. I ended up staying because it's a great community, well, mostly. lol

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

I've been watching LTT for a while now but I never bother sign up for this website, it feels a little bit ashamed to just sign up for the giveaway.....