Euclideons Graphics? VR this time? Dam liars agen?

Diner50
7 minutes ago, zMeul said:

what now?! the burden of proving they're lying is on you - you are the one accusing them

voxel based rendering exists and it's done in real time

object culling exists and it's done in real time

just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean it doesn't exists - you could've done the most basic research on voxel rendering and object culling before foaming at the mouth

Ok, so where are the games / demos consisting entirely of 100% real time voxel based animations without polygons?

And Im pretty sure the burden of proof is on Euclideon to prove that they can actually do what they are claiming, which so far they still havnt, except for pre rendered streamed garbage.

Also where have I accused them of lying? Im asking for evidence of their actual claims, which nobody even has.

This is like telling me that Jesus was real, and I say 'no he wasnt because theres no proof', but instead you ask me to prove that he wasnt real.

Linus is my fetish.

8 minutes ago, Bhav said:

Ok, so where are the games / demos consisting entirely of 100% real time voxel based animations without polygons?

what now? I just gave you 2 examples few posts ago: Armored Fist 3 and No Man's Sky - want more examples? how about googleing it

why isn't voxel based rendering a thing? because GPU rely on polygon calculation for graphics, and not pixels

for a 1080p scene, a voxel based rendering engine will have 2073600 points

where as a polygon, being a triangle, the same 1080p scene will have 6220800 logic points

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

what now? I just gave you 2 examples few posts ago: Armored Fist 3 and No Man's Sky - want more examples? how about googleing it

why isn't voxel based rendering a thing? because GPU rely on polygon calculation for graphics, and not pixels

for a 1080p scene, a voxel based rendering engine will have 2073600 points

where as a polygon, being a triangle, the same 1080p scene will have 6220800 logic points

No, neither of your examples are 100% voxel based, they still use polygons for the majority of the details.

The guy who made minecraft even says this is a hoax, what more reasons do you have to carry on believing it?

Linus is my fetish.

19 minutes ago, Bhav said:

The guy who made minecraft even says this is a hoax, what more reasons do you have to carry on believing it?

funny how MineCraft uses voxels - I guess MineCraft doesn't exist either xD

NMS uses polygons for objects that don't need to be procedurally generated, like weapons, ships, structures - everything else is voxels

3 minutes ago, zMeul said:

funny how MineCraft uses voxels - I guess MineCraft doesn't exist either xD

I think your brain is dysfunctional, at no point anywhere has anyone stated that voxels dont exist, only that the specific engine that Euclideon claim to have made is impossible to render in real time.

You still havnt provided any evidence of Euclideons engine working in real time. 

Linus is my fetish.

12 minutes ago, Bhav said:

I think your brain is dysfunctional, at no point anywhere has anyone stated that voxels dont exist, only that the specific engine that Euclideon claim to have made is impossible to render in real time.

You still havnt provided any evidence of Euclideons engine working in real time. 

as I said, and this is the 2nd time - you have to prove they're lying not me

the ingredients for Euclideon to exists / work are:

1. culling
  2. voxels

culing and voxels already exist and NMS is the prime example of real time voxel based rending - the proof is right in your face and yet you chose to ignore it

I linked you to a Euclideon demo, download it

we're done here

As I said, and this it the hundredth time, I havnt claimed they are lying, I am asking for proof of their claims.

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

1. culling
  2. voxels

culing and voxels already exist and NMS is the prime example of real time voxel based rending - the proof is right in your face and yet you chose to ignore it

we're done here

That still isnt proof of Euclideons claims.

Linus is my fetish.

6 minutes ago, zMeul said:

1. culling
  2. voxels

we're done here

Dude, what Bhav is asking you for is proof that the Euclideon engine says what it suppose to do (render scenes with unlimited detail in virtually every computer no matter the specs). Yes, voxels exists, but they consume a lot of resources and Euclideon says that they can do that in even old computers. We need a link to something that uses this technology, but not something streamed from a server, we need to see something rendered locally (in our computers) at real time with the so called "unlimited detail" they promote so much.

14 minutes ago, Veltrace said:

Dude, what Bhav is asking you for is proof that the Euclideon engine says what it suppose to do (render scenes with unlimited detail in virtually every computer no matter the specs). Yes, voxels exists, but they consume a lot of resources and Euclideon says that they can do that in even old computers. We need a link to something that uses this technology, but not something streamed from a server, we need to see something rendered locally (in our computers) at real time with the so called "unlimited detail" they promote so much.

will you please cut the crap?

streamed from a server or streamed from a local PC does not matter as the number of points in the scene is exactly the same

have you looked on how much space on the HDD No Man's Sky takes? (less than 5GB if I recall) why is that .. eh

while other games take 40-60GB and are nowhere near as complex

20 minutes ago, zMeul said:

streamed from a server or streamed from a local PC does not matter as the number of points in the scene is exactly the same

No, because if something is rendered from another machine our computers wouldn't be doing anything, they would just recieve the images over the internet and display them, which is basically to be watching a video. If the scene is rendered locally however our computer's GPU would be transforming those points to 3D figures, then 2D images to be displayed at our monitors. You can watch a GTA V gameplay video in a 10 year old computer but not play it.

14 minutes ago, zMeul said:

have you looked on how much space on the HDD No Man's Sky takes? (less than 5GB if I recall) why is that .. eh

while other games take 40-60GB and are nowhere near as complex

So whats the point in having video games? Why not just make interactive movies instead with everything pre rendered and streamed? Why not just do everything that way and abandon video cards?

No mans sky works because of how powerful currnnt GPUs are, and everything is procedurally generated using the GPU resources. Euclideon are not making an engine that runs on GPU, they are claiming they can do unlimited point cloud detail in software and have it run in real time on any computer from being read off the HDD.

We are asking for proof of this specific technology running as it claims to in real time. No such proof has yet been published.

Linus is my fetish.

I will disregard this as news reporting as half of the page is uninformed rant and there is interview came up describing alot of stuff so i will make new post.

4 hours ago, EUD said:

I will disregard this as news reporting as half of the page is uninformed rant and there is interview came up describing alot of stuff so i will make new post.

This wasnt a news report thread, it was a general discussion thread. 

And actually the only uninformed people are those who are dumb enough to believe that this streamed pre rendered VR bullcrap has anything to do with what Euclideon have spent years promising and promoting.

Youve probably only just heard about it for the very first time and dont know anything about Euclideons history.

Linus is my fetish.

13 minutes ago, Bhav said:

This wasnt a news report thread, it was a general discussion thread. 

And actually the only uninformed people are those who are dumb enough to believe that this streamed pre rendered VR bullcrap has anything to do with what Euclideon have spent years promising and promoting.

Youve probably only just heard about it for the very first time and dont know anything about Euclideons history.

No, he posted about it before and whenever he was called out for promoting this sham company he called people 'hoax zombies' and left.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

On 13.9.2016 at 3:36 AM, zMeul said:

cut the fucking crap mate

what the fuck do you thing Merrick&Company are distributing? horse shit?

and Meixner Imaging? http://meixnerimaging.com/featured-products/

here, request a DEMO: http://meixnerimaging.com/customer-area/

Yes.... But what about consumer grade stuff? Meixner works with geospatial imaging. As in commercial and enterprice stuff. Its far from what general consumer would need or be able to do with that demo. What we are looking for is something like real-time rendering sequence or actual game-ish demo.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LoGiCalDrm said:

Yes.... But what about consumer grade stuff? Meixner works with geospatial imaging. As in commercial and enterprice stuff. Its far from what general consumer would need or be able to do with that demo. What we are looking for is something like real-time rendering sequence or actual game-ish demo.

as I said, if you followed the discussion: Euclideon guys went to AMD (ATi) and nVidia and showed their tech - they rejected it

problem with voxel based rendering is that there is no hardware support for it - current GPUs use polygons, not individual pixels

2 minutes ago, zMeul said:

as I said, if you followed the discussion: Euclideon guys went to AMD (ATi) and nVidia and showed their tech - they rejected it

problem with voxel based rendering is that there is no hardware support for it - current GPUs use polygons, not individual pixels

So... how can Meixner then use this technology? Doesn't their software render by using GPUs (Quatro and FirePro)?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LoGiCalDrm said:

So... how can Meixner then use this technology? Doesn't their software render by using GPUs (Quatro and FirePro)?

they mostly use CPU computation

2 minutes ago, zMeul said:

they mostly use CPU computation

At this point you must see why its hard for us rest believe in this tech. If there is hardware support, why can't we see real-time rendered demo which would use that hardware? The reason is that they might have idea on how to do it. But actually making it happen isn't possible. Geospatial solutions are different since they don't require real-time rendering. It can be left for render overnight and that good enough.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Not going to join in the arguments... but I came across them yesterday when they did an interview with pcper. Provides some more detail into how they work.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

10 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

At this point you must see why its hard for us rest believe in this tech.

how is it hard to believe when No Man's Sky does it!? can you explain this to me? it's right there for everyone to see

5 minutes ago, zMeul said:

how is it hard to believe when No Man's Sky does it!? can you explain this to me? it's right there for everyone to see

No mans sky does it via open GL 4.5 and a compatible GPU, with a minimum spec of a GTX 480.

Euclideon claim to do what they say 100% without a GPU and fully software rendered off any HDD.

Care to explain how this is possible?

This was also already explained in a previous reply to you.

Linus is my fetish.

3 minutes ago, zMeul said:

What I've heard that game is failure. And how what Hello Games have done has anything to do with Euclideon? Shouldn't they be releasing their own work rather than relying another companies (blind) support? It isn't much to ask. At least Hello Games have managed to produce something playable. Much more than what I've seen or read from Euclideon.

It also funny how much one company can inspire and create conflict at the same time. I can't use the exact word to describe those who are inspired as its against CS. They do act same ways, though. I can say I'm not that easily convinced.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

9 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

What I've heard that game is failure. And how what Hello Games have done has anything to do with Euclideon?

what has X to do with Y

no matter how gad NMS is, the rendering tech behind it uses voxels - yes, voxels (pixels)

and doesn't have anything to do with Euclideon - it's a similar tech that uses, you guessed it, voxels

voxel based rendering was used even when GPUs were barely hitting the market - Armored Fist 3 (1999) used voxels too

10 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

What I've heard that game is failure. And how what Hello Games have done has anything to do with Euclideon? Shouldn't they be releasing their own work rather than relying another companies (blind) support? It isn't much to ask. At least Hello Games have managed to produce something playable. Much more than what I've seen or read from Euclideon.

It also funny how much one company can inspire and create conflict at the same time. I can't use the exact word to describe those who are inspired as its against CS. They do act same ways, though. I can say I'm not that easily convinced.

Well I think that No Mans Sky and Euclideon have a lot in common.

Both are overhyped disaters that will only end in disappointment.

Linus is my fetish.