Will it still fit in this Case?

Huibert

Hello!,

I already have a pc but im kinda building a new one
the building one: https://gyazo.com/ba2b66cab81aa03330c46e52cd5a6c5d

now i have the Corsair Carbide spec-03 Case  (https://www.afuture.nl/product/1140641/corsair-carbide-spec03-white-led)

and will this new stuff fit in the case or should i get a new one?

other components:
1TB (HDD)
Sapphire Radeon R9 280 dual-x  (GPU)

CX500M (PSU)

Id get a SSD as it makes the experience much better,that PSU is not that great,id get a CXM 450w,550w

Are you buying that GPU used or what? Its a R9 280 which is decent but kinda old

The motherboard fits perfectly, since it's an ATX and the case supports: Mini-ITX, MicroATX, ATX.

However the Corsair Hydro 100 is not able to fit in, Corsair compatible liquid coolers are: H55, H60, H75, H80i, if you check the case spec sheet says the only radiator mount location is on the rear for a 120 mm one. I don't think the HDD/SSD bay is removable to put the radiator on the front, but you can always do some mods if you want :D

IF YOU FOUND MY CONTENT GOOD ENOUGH CONSIDER VOTE :) 

IF YOU NEED HELP/EXPLANATIONS FEEL FREE TO HIT ME UP ^_^

IF I SAID SOME BULLSHIT ANYWHERE LET ME KNOW :S

(I like to learn from my mistakes, I'm not afraid to say I'm wrong)

4 minutes ago, Vyolence said:

The motherboard fits perfectly, since it's an ATX and the case supports: Mini-ITX, MicroATX, ATX.

However the Corsair Hydro 100 is not able to fit in, Corsair compatible liquid coolers are: H55, H60, H75, H80i, if you check the case spec sheet says the only radiator mount location is on the rear for a 120 mm one. I don't think the HDD/SSD bay is removable to put the radiator on the front, but you can always do some mods if you want :D

There is a mount on the top for a 240mm rad,and a H100 is a 240mm rad

8.png

14 minutes ago, keNNySOC said:

There is a mount on the top for a 240mm rad,and a H100 is a 240mm rad

8.png

Pay attention: there's a mount for 2x120 mm fans, not a radiator. If you see how the motherboard is located inside the case you would notice ther's not enough space for a radiator (plus its fans), and if you have a tall voltage regulator heatsink you wouldn't be able to mount it, like the Asus Z170A he wants to buy. Infact, if you check the product page on Asus website (http://www.corsair.com/en/carbide-series-spec-03-orange-led-mid-tower-gaming-case) there's particularly written "Radiator Mount Locations: Rear: 120mm" and "Compatible Corsair Liquid Coolers: H55, H60, H75, H80i", if it would be able to fit in they would have written it.

Look at this image I found on Google, you can clearly see that a 27 mm radiator plus 25 mm of fans can't fit.

29.jpg (1024×768)

I made the same mistake, I bought a Corsair 200R thinking that 240 mm radiator would be able to stay on the top fan mount location (2x120 mm), but the motherboard heatsink would interfere with it.

Edited by Vyolence

3 minutes ago, Vyolence said:

Pay attention: there's a mount for 2x120 mm fans, not a radiator. If you see how the motherboard is located inside the case you would notice ther's not enough space for a radiator (plus its fans), and if you have a tall voltage regulator heatsink you wouldn't be able to mount it, like the Asus Z170A he wants to buy. Infact, if you check the product page on Asus website (http://www.corsair.com/en/carbide-series-spec-03-orange-led-mid-tower-gaming-case) there's particularly written "Radiator Mount Locations: Rear: 120mm" and "Compatible Corsair Liquid Coolers: H55, H60, H75, H80i", if it would be able to fit in they would have written it.

I made the same mistake, I bought a Corsair 200R thinking that 240 mm radiator would be able to stay on the top fan mount location (2x120 mm), but the motherboard heatsink would interfere with it.

Just figured that out,what if you could use Slim fans?

3 minutes ago, keNNySOC said:

Just figured that out,what if you could use Slim fans?

I added an image to my previous reply, just a few seconds after you answered. A slim fan is still 12/13 mm. It may eventually fit, but you have to take the risk to try.

Just now, Vyolence said:

I added an image to my previous reply, a few seconds after you answered. A slim fan is still 12/13 mm. It may eventually fit, but you have to take the risk to try.

It probably will not fit,if you can see the space for the fans goes all the way to the IO,and that Asus mobo has that giant heatsink....

whoops.. 
btw i want to buy the H440 too.. thats a nice looking case!
and everything will fit

also i heard when i buy a ssd it make one copy..
so i should buy one TB sdd.. hell no ;p 

43 minutes ago, keNNySOC said:

It probably will not fit,if you can see the space for the fans goes all the way to the IO,and that Asus mobo has that giant heatsink....

The NZXT H440 is a great case, you can fit radiators up to 360 mm with no worry. If you look carefully at the spec sheets of the two products, the size of the H440 is 220mm x 513mm x 480mm, while the SPEC-03 is 215mm x 493mm x 426mm, the extra space of the H440 is what allows the great watercooling possibilities.

Personally I like the H440 way more, but you have to consider that the SPEC-03 costs around 60 bucks, whereas for the H440 you will spend no less than $120, depending on the version and obviously where you will buy it. 

15 minutes ago, Huibert said:

a staff member also said that my PSU was fine ;)

The PSU is good, on Amazon it's rated 4.4/5 with over 3800 reviews. It's 80+ Bronze, Corsair build quality and reliabilty is pretty good, and it's semimodular.