Does such a mouse exist (seems pretty basic) : Bluetooth, 4-way scrolling, and back and forward thumb buttons, that's less than $50

bbobobo

The mx 2 anywhere would work but I tried it an after a week it went dead and had to be charged. It couldn't really be used during the charge. I'd like somethnig that lasts several months if not a year on batteries

Isn't this a pretty common request for non-gaming mouse? Why doesn't this exist.

Since when did battery tech get so good? Your not going to find a mouse that will last years without recharging. You could get the m705 and rechargeable batteries.

10 minutes ago, bbobobo said:

a few years on batteries.

unsure if troll or just uneducated.

here's a thing for you: your mouse only needs to work on battery for as long as you can stay awake, and regular off the shelf wireless mice running off of AA batteries gladly go trough a few months of active usage, which i doubt will be an issue for you if you're at least somewhat realist.

16 minutes ago, Notree said:

Since when did battery tech get so good? Your not going to find a mouse that will last years without recharging. You could get the m705 and rechargeable batteries.

m705 works for an advertised 3 years on its batteries. i've definetely gotten 2 years out of mine

the only thing that might last you that long driven by batteries would be a batterybank thats HUGE because of natural decharging and stuff

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

13 minutes ago, manikyath said:

unsure if troll or just uneducated.

here's a thing for you: your mouse only needs to work on battery for as long as you can stay awake, and regular off the shelf wireless mice running off of AA batteries gladly go trough a few months of active usage, which i doubt will be an issue for you if you're at least somewhat realist.

you should get educated..  there are lots of mice that run for a year, some two years, on batteries. example: m705 logitech.  https://secure.logitech.com/en-us/product/marathon-mouse-m705

it's literally the main selling point of this mouse -- "impressivve 3 year battery life"

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

the only thing that might last you that long driven by batteries would be a batterybank thats HUGE because of natural decharging and stuff

that's the least important thing here. 5 months is fine.

Just now, bbobobo said:

you should get educated..  there are lots of mice that run for a year, some two years, on batteries. example: m705 logitech.  https://secure.logitech.com/en-us/product/marathon-mouse-m705

it's literally the main selling point of this mouse -- "impressivve 3 year battery life"

i have the bigger brother of those, sure it'll run for 3 years if you dont use it actively for 12 hours a day.

and at that point, the internal decay in the battery is basicly outpacing the actual energy draw of the device in terms of discharge.

MX Anywhere 2, yes. but its a bit more expensive than 50 eur here. all depends where you look too!

Alternatives, maybe:

- USB with wireless dongle: Logitech M510

- Actual BT: Logitech M335, lacking Browser Buttons tho :/

both are about 30-40 euro monies

Laptop: Lenovo T430
- Intel Core i5 3320M @ 2.60GHz - HD4000 Graphics - 12GB DDR3 RAM Dual Channel - SanDisk SSD 128GB - Pop!_OS -

Desktop: self-built
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700 - Motherboard: MSI Tomahawk B450 MAX II - RAM: 32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX Fury @ 3200- GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660Ti Windforce OC 6GB
Case: Corsair 275R Airflow - Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus & Crucial MX300 - PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-750 - Displays: Iiyama ProLite X2783HSU & EIZO FlexScan1921
Cooling: AMD Wraith Spire - Keyboard: Keychron K3 Pro - Mouse: Logitech MX Ergo & Steelseries Rival 3 Wireless - Sound: Steelseries Arctis 7 - OS: Pop!_OS 22.04 LTS (6.2.6)

Wife's Desktop: self-built

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.8GHz - Motherboard: MSI Mortar B350M - RAM: 32GB DDR4 G.skill Ripjaws V @ 2866MHz - GPU: Sapphire RX 5700XT

CaseCorsair 275R Airflow - Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus & 870 EVO - PSU: Seasonic Focus PX-750 - Displays: Massdrop VAST & EIZO FlexScan1921

Cooling: DeepCool Captain EX with Corsair Light Loops - Keyboard: Keychron K8 Pro - Mouse: Keychron M1 Wireless - Sound: Steelseries Arctis 7 - OS: Linux Mint 20.3 (6.2.4)

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i have the bigger brother of those, sure it'll run for 3 years if you dont use it actively for 12 hours a day.

and at that point, the internal decay in the battery is basicly outpacing the actual energy draw of the device in terms of discharge.

it lasts 2 years. it has for me. it has for others. batteries don't decay after 2 or 3 years, that's crazy talk. (or you must be buying incredibly bad batteries).

Just now, cluelessart said:

MX Anywhere 2, yes. but its a bit more expensive than 50 eur here. all depends where you look too!

Alternatives, maybe:

- USB with wireless dongle: Logitech M510

- Actual BT: Logitech M335, lacking Browser Buttons tho :/

both are about 30-40 euro monies

thanks for answering my questions . i'll take a look at those.

Just now, bbobobo said:

it lasts 2 years. it has for me. it has for others. batteries (at least not decent batteries) don't decay after 2 or 3 years, that's crazy talk. 

i have one of those going for a good 6 years on its first set of batteries, it's just also only used once every month or so ;)

and depending on the battery type (especially rechargables perform quite badly here) they can decay quite quickly in the large scheme of things.

in fact, a good example is the CR2032 cell on your motherboard: it is designed to last 10 years in your motherboard, it also will be stone dead after 10 years in storage.