Some overclocking help

Chandres

So I got my 6700k Overclocked to 4,5GHz 100% stable. I tried getting it up to 4.7 at 1.3v. It worked fine for about 3 hoursa under A64, but it failed imidiatly on prime95 (No bluescreen just failed) Should I keep the 4,7 or go back?

Is it for Gaming? The biggest plus i had was 5 fps in GTA5 with an OC to 4.6ghz. Not worth it in my Eyes. The 6700k is already a Monster with its stock speed.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Just now, Sahil10416 said:

Go back or use a good water cooler.

I got an h100I and runs at 55 degrees max under load at 4.5

9 minutes ago, Chandres said:

So I got my 6700k Overclocked to 4,5GHz 100% stable. I tried getting it up to 4.7 at 1.3v. It worked fine for about 3 hoursa under A64, but it failed imidiatly on prime95 (No bluescreen just failed) Should I keep the 4,7 or go back?

I'd dial it back, but I always tend to err on the side of caution. If you're just gaming on the rig, test it at 4.7 @ 1.3v in your games. If it crashes, obviously take it back  a little; but if it runs fine, you should be okay. Prime95 has kind of fallen out of favor as a stress test IIRC, but even so, it punishes your CPU harder than pretty much any game can or will. What happens at 4.6?

3 hours ago, Chandres said:

Either dial the clock back or raise the voltage to try and get stability. It's your choice on how you want to tackle the problem; some would rather go for a more efficient machine and dial down the clocks, others would prefer going with raw power. Neither are really wrong, it's up to preference.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

9 hours ago, Chandres said:

I got an h100I and runs at 55 degrees max under load at 4.5

I think then you should keep it at 4.5 because everyone doesn't get the same result while overclocking , even when you use use the same hardware.