How To Put Current OS on USB Drive

Just got a new Acer Aspire E15 575G.

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-NVIDIA-Windows-E5-575G-53VG/dp/B01DT4A2R4/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=sl1&tag=technobrij-20&linkId=65ab4aa01aa61610dbce80491a9ab9f6

I want to install Windows 7 on it. Would it be possible to put it's current OS, windows 10, on to a flash drive or disc for future use? Or would I just have to install Windows 7 over it?

2 minutes ago, vigorstick said:

Just got a new Acer Aspire E15 575G.

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-NVIDIA-Windows-E5-575G-53VG/dp/B01DT4A2R4/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=sl1&tag=technobrij-20&linkId=65ab4aa01aa61610dbce80491a9ab9f6

I want to install Windows 7 on it. Would it be possible to put it's current OS, windows 10, on to a flash drive or disc for future use? Or would I just have to install Windows 7 over it?

You can probably get a windows 7 .iso or install boot creator thing from microcock.

ASU

3 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

You can create a system image by going to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Backup and Restore (Windows 7) so you can restore it to its current state whenever you want.

So if I did this for windows 10 on the laptop, could I use that backup to install full windows 10 on any PC?

Just now, vigorstick said:

So if I did this for windows 10 on the laptop, could I use that backup to install full windows 10 on any PC?

No. You can't move the install from that computer to another one because the license is tied down to that computer. It's more for having a back up.

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

No. You can't move the install from that computer to another one because the license is tied down to that computer. It's more for having a back up.

Well you are correct to some parts about that.
If it's an OEM License, it would be bounded to that hardware, but if it's a normal license, it can still be done.

I tested this before and I know it works since I have one license on 5 desktop PC's at my home made by this method.

CPU: Intel Core i3 4150 3.5GHz Socket 1150 GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 760 OC RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97MX-Gaming 5

3 hours ago, Pierre Dabrunst said:

If it's an OEM License, it would be bounded to that hardware, but if it's a normal license, it can still be done.

I tested this before and I know it works since I have one license on 5 desktop PC's at my home made by this method.

How did you find the license/product key? Is there any way to know if the license would work for multiple PC's or did you just have to test it yourself?

Just now, vigorstick said:

How did you find the license/product key? Is there any way to know if the license would work for multiple PC's or did you just have to test it yourself?

Usually it's under the battery on the laptop.  Otherwise there is a program that can pick up your license for later use.  I don't remember what it's called tho since I have a Dekstop and the license is on the sidepanel.

CPU: Intel Core i3 4150 3.5GHz Socket 1150 GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 760 OC RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97MX-Gaming 5

If you want to put windows 7 on it you need to buy a windows 7 copy with a key, you cannot activate it with the windows 10 ID.

And no you cant put your windows on a USB drive, you need to use the media creation tool you download from microsoft.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

11 minutes ago, Pierre Dabrunst said:

OP stated they got an Acer Aspire. That automatically narrows down the license type to an OEM.

3 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

OP stated they got an Acer Aspire. That automatically narrows down the license type to an OEM.

Well shit. I'll still give it a try.