More Mice And Keyboard HELP

Hello I need help with something. I am planning on building a rig to go from my room and expand throughout my entire house, there will be multiple monitors. With that in mind I also need help on getting multiple keyboards and mice to use this. Is there any software out there (hopefully not sketchy). Thanks would really help.

You need a KVM Splitter (not KVM switch) if you want to access your rig from different locations

Desktop: i7-6700K / Asus Z170 S / H100i V2 / LPX 2400Mhz 16GB / 960 EVO 250GB / 2x 860 EVO 500GB / RM750i  / NZXT H440 XB271H + Z22n Monitors

Laptop: Thinkpad T450s / i7-5600U / 12GB / 860 EVO 500GB

4 hours ago, Ernest_L said:

You need a KVM Splitter (not KVM switch) if you want to access your rig from different locations

If I used a KVM Splitter could I connect it via a usb port extension because I dont think I could find a Mouse and Keyboard USB that long....

20 minutes ago, GS_HYBR1D said:

If I used a KVM Splitter could I connect it via a usb port extension because I dont think I could find a Mouse and Keyboard USB that long....

Usb extensions are limited and will need a booster for over 15ft, there are rj45 ones that use the same plug as ethernet cables and can go for hundreds of feet.

Are you seting up thin clients, if so you don't need a kvm splitter, and software can control it.

EDIT: you would be looking at buying a kvm splitter, and several kvm extenders if you don't use thin clients.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

1 minute ago, SLAYR said:

Usb extensions are limited and will need a booster for over 15ft, there are rj45 ones that use the same plug as ethernet and can go for hundreds of feet.

Are you seting up thin clients, if so you don't need a kvm splitter, and software can conteol it.

All I am doing is setting up my house with you could say multiple computers. I am going to plan on having the computer in my room and have hdmi and usb run through walls in my new house. This would in theory allow me to have monitors in an office and just a keyboard and mouse (and if possible usb ports to put in extra drives and other accessories). This would allow my family to use a office computer with unlimited performance without many wires and not be a all in one. 

18 minutes ago, GS_HYBR1D said:

All I am doing is setting up my house with you could say multiple computers. I am going to plan on having the computer in my room and have hdmi and usb run through walls in my new house. This would in theory allow me to have monitors in an office and just a keyboard and mouse (and if possible usb ports to put in extra drives and other accessories). This would allow my family to use a office computer with unlimited performance without many wires and not be a all in one. 

Are you using actual multiple computers though, a thin client is a computer that can remotely access the main computer, and is basically used to project whatever is on the main computer, and with multiple ones you can set up virtual machines so that two people can use each seperate station simultaneously. 

And for a thin client doesn't have to be powerful, and you can convert old laptops, and such into them.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •