Is this good?

8BitBuilder
1 hour ago, Enderman said:

When you run out of ram, everything stops working correctly.

Not just the game, but all programs, your OS, etc..

$20 for ram is not a lot if it means you can actually play games and run programs without running into the "windows has run out of memory" message every time you try to multitask.

There are games that use over 8GB of ram. If you don't have enough ram, you need to shut off programs or lower settings.

For $20 you should not be limiting your ram and what you can do with your PC.

Image result for game ram usage

Just because stuff "uses" more than a certain amount of RAM, doesn't mean it needs to.

8gb vs 16gb makes NO difference in gaming.

16gb is for gaming builds over $800-$1000, and is a decent upgrade if you multi task like hell.

---

Edited by Ryan_Vickers

55 minutes ago, TristanKing said:

Just because stuff "uses" more than a certain amount of RAM, doesn't mean it needs to.

8gb vs 16gb makes NO difference in gaming.

16gb is for gaming builds over $800-$1000, and is a decent upgrade if you multi task like hell.

I just showed you a game that uses more than 8GB of ram.

Clearly you don't understand how ram works, you need enough of it to avoid running out when doing stuff such as playing games with a browser open, skype, etc.

I think you should probably go do some research on what RAM is and why 8GB isn't really enough. And for $20 more, 16GB is perfect.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 hour ago, Enderman said:

When you run out of ram, everything stops working correctly.

Not just the game, but all programs, your OS, etc..

$20 for ram is not a lot if it means you can actually play games and run programs without running into the "windows has run out of memory" message every time you try to multitask.

There are games that use over 8GB of ram. If you don't have enough ram, you need to shut off programs or lower settings.

For $20 you should not be limiting your ram and what you can do with your PC.

Image result for game ram usage

I think I will go with 8gb of ram and will upgrade to 16gb.

Keep it civil guys ;)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Keep it civil guys ;)

Haha all I wanted was to see if my build was good and now people are fighting about how much ram I need.