Need Guide on Building from the right Specs

Hello guys, I need a guide on what specs i needed for my build..

My current rig is I5-4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 3, 16GB HyperX fury RAM, 120GB SSD, 2TB HDD, and R9 280x Toxic..
Which was built november of 2014. I feel like i needed a new rig for my work and a lil bit of gaming..

If you could suggest to keep my current setup and just reformat it or whatso, i'd be happy to know..

Now, I work as a graphic designer, working anything graphics related, and i use PHOTOSHOP, and Lil bit of ILLUSTRATOR..

I needed something that could boost these programs with no delays on high dpi settings.. (Oh yah, i use dual screen for my rig)

I'm also a gamer, i play COD (Almost all Franchise) and Dota 2..

So i also need something that will run these games as smoothand as fast as possible without dealing with temperature... (Reminder: Im from the Philippines so you know, it's kinda hot in here)

If possible not an overkill rig that i will waste my money. :) Thank you guys!

Specs: CPU: Intel i5 4690k | GPU: Asus GTX 760 OC DirectUI / AMD Saphire R9 280x Toxic Edition  | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Black | Storage: Samsung Evo 840 120GB | Storage: WD Black 2TB | PowerSupply: FSP 750watt 80+ GOLD | Chassis: Raidmax Super Helios / Tecware Titan |

Your CPU is probably still fine. Upgrade the Graphics Card to an RX480 or a GTX 970 depending on your budget and get a bigger SSD.

3 minutes ago, RobertPhilippines said:

Hello guys, I need a guide on what specs i needed for my build..

My current rig is I5-4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 3, 16GB HyperX fury RAM, 120GB SSD, 2TB HDD, and R9 280x Toxic..
Which was built november of 2014. I feel like i needed a new rig for my work and a lil bit of gaming..

If you could suggest to keep my current setup and just reformat it or whatso, i'd be happy to know..

Now, I work as a graphic designer, working anything graphics related, and i use PHOTOSHOP, and Lil bit of ILLUSTRATOR..

I needed something that could boost these programs with no delays on high dpi settings.. (Oh yah, i use dual screen for my rig)

I'm also a gamer, i play COD (Almost all Franchise) and Dota 2..

So i also need something that will run these games as smoothand as fast as possible without dealing with temperature... (Reminder: Im from the Philippines so you know, it's kinda hot in here)

If possible not an overkill rig that i will waste my money. :) Thank you guys!

Can you give us a budget? Anyways, I think you should just upgrade the GPU, because the CPU is pretty good (if you need to squeeze some more power out of it just take a water cooler and OC the processor). For the GPU I would go with an RX 480 or a GTX 1060 / 1070 depending on the money you want to spend on it

DESKTOP PC - CPU-Z VALIDi5 4690K @ 4.70 GHz | 47 X 100.2 MHz | ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer | Enermax Liqmax II 240mm | EVGA GTX 1070Ti OC'd

HOME SERVER | HP ProLiant DL380 G7 | 2x Intel Xeon X5650 | 36GB DDR3 RDIMM | 5x 4TB LFF Seagate Constellation 7.2K | Curcial MX500 250GB | Ubuntu Server 20.04

As others have said, your build is pretty good. If it's not already got one I would recommend a AIO or full loop. As for GPU,  a something from pascal would be a great choice, the RX series is still there though if your budget isn't too great. (Bear in mind that maxwell and Kepler GPUs are dropping in price by the day)

Thank you for the help. Definitely an upgrade on GPU, noted, i think RX480 would be fine.. Question: Does the speed of Photoshop and Illustrator depends on the SSD which is used as a scratch disk? or the CPU helps it run faster?

Specs: CPU: Intel i5 4690k | GPU: Asus GTX 760 OC DirectUI / AMD Saphire R9 280x Toxic Edition  | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Black | Storage: Samsung Evo 840 120GB | Storage: WD Black 2TB | PowerSupply: FSP 750watt 80+ GOLD | Chassis: Raidmax Super Helios / Tecware Titan |

1 minute ago, RobertPhilippines said:

Thank you for the help. Definitely an upgrade on GPU, noted, i think RX480 would be fine.. Question: Does the speed of Photoshop and Illustrator depends on the SSD which is used as a scratch disk? or the CPU helps it run faster?

The SSD would affect how fast it opens up and if you have heavy plugins how fast they launch, but the CPU and GPU acceleration would do the most part

DESKTOP PC - CPU-Z VALIDi5 4690K @ 4.70 GHz | 47 X 100.2 MHz | ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer | Enermax Liqmax II 240mm | EVGA GTX 1070Ti OC'd

HOME SERVER | HP ProLiant DL380 G7 | 2x Intel Xeon X5650 | 36GB DDR3 RDIMM | 5x 4TB LFF Seagate Constellation 7.2K | Curcial MX500 250GB | Ubuntu Server 20.04