bottlenecking avoidance for my first build

hey guys i need some insight on this build. i am trying to avoid bottlenecking at all cost. please help.....

here is the specs

Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Ultra Gaming ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 Memory

PNY CS1311 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Western Digital Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive

Western Digital Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming Water cooling Video Card

NZXT Phantom 820 (Black) ATX Full Tower Case

Corsair 860W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit

any help would be appreciated. thank you in advance 

I would cheapen on the PSU and get a larger SSD (I tell you from personal experience 120GB is NOT ENOUGH)

Get a better cooler, the H60 is pretty loud and meh performance compared to air cooler where it will be quieter (corsair stock fans are loud af (get it the af series in corsair))

i actually have the pny ssd and h60 in a corner from a amd i was supposed to build this summer but i changed my mind and rather go with skylake i7 6700k

i am definitely going for this cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Pro 240 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

and get a better ssd since pricing ain't that bad nowadays

i might just use the pny ssd 120gb  as a  recovery drive 

i might change the fans on the h60 or sell it on ebay 

Get a PCIe 4x M.2 drive like the Samsung 951.  Your Mother Board supports this form factor and you are looking at double the read speed as your SSD.  Throw you OS on this and use your PNY for a gaming drive.

Your PSU is good because it can be re-purposed in a couple years if you are looking to upgrade your system.

Can I ask why this Memory kit?  4x8GB at 3600mhz?  Are you using VMs? For even less you can get a 2x16GB kit of Dominators

Emerald Shade: i7-4790k -  2x360rad Custom Water Cooled Loop  - MSI Krait SLI - Corsair Vengence Pro 2x8gb 2400 - OCZ RD400 512Gb - Samsung Evo 850 250Gb - 2x Seagate Barracuda 3Tb HDD - EVGA 1080 GTX FTW DT - InWin 303 - EVGA G2 850 - Win 10

1 hour ago, Podo said:

Get a PCIe 4x M.2 drive like the Samsung 951.  Your Mother Board supports this form factor and you are looking at double the read speed as your SSD.  Throw you OS on this and use your PNY for a gaming drive.

Your PSU is good because it can be re-purposed in a couple years if you are looking to upgrade your system.

Can I ask why this Memory kit?  4x8GB at 3600mhz?  Are you using VMs? For even less you can get a 2x16GB kit of Dominators

to tell you the truth idk about vms. i am also using this build for recording on protools so i lil OC will be done . 

but can you please inform me if you can

VMs "Virtual Machines"  are only really for software developers or a small percentage of Enthusiasts.  I personally like to play with them but I am by no means a developer.  Why I ask is because VMs can use a lot of System memory because they are OS/computers being run within your actual PC thus you need to allocate physical resources (CPU Cores, RAM, and Drive space).  Check out the Techquickie for "virtualization" they provide a better detailed description.

But if you aren't doing this, I'd save the cash and buy the dominator kit which will allow you to upgrade/double your memory later, 32gb to 64gb.

Emerald Shade: i7-4790k -  2x360rad Custom Water Cooled Loop  - MSI Krait SLI - Corsair Vengence Pro 2x8gb 2400 - OCZ RD400 512Gb - Samsung Evo 850 250Gb - 2x Seagate Barracuda 3Tb HDD - EVGA 1080 GTX FTW DT - InWin 303 - EVGA G2 850 - Win 10

1 minute ago, Podo said:

VMs "Virtual Machines"  are only really for software developers or a small percentage of Enthusiasts.  I personally like to play with them but I am by no means a developer.  Why I ask is because VMs can use a lot of System memory because they are OS/computers being run within your actual PC thus you need to allocate physical resources (CPU Cores, RAM, and Drive space).  Check out the Techquickie for "virtualization" they provide a better detailed description.

But if you aren't doing this, I'd save the cash and buy the dominator kit which will allow you to upgrade/double your memory later, 32gb to 64gb.

ok i see. thanks for the info big time . 

this build is mainly for Recording music and running frutyloops and vst plugings and ofcourse GAMING.

i will definitely look into VMr. thanks again