Strange warning since the forum downtime (ipban?)

manikyath

So.. Using the last few mb of mobile data i have (a whole another issue...) to post this.

c5b1c2f30d.png

I've been getting this since the forum downtime, and seemingly even waiting a good 16 hours is still shorter than 'a minute'

It's in all browsers on all my computers, and on my phone when connected to wifi.

Just got a similar message (error 500) so...maybe still something to do with the servers being overloaded? :/ 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Just got a similar message (error 500) so...maybe still something to do with the servers being overloaded? :/ 

I got it like a minute ago as well...

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

They're different errors, but the template is the same. The error posted is 429 Too Many Requests, and occurs if someone reaches the (fairly high) request cap in a short amount of time.

HTTP/2 203

21 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

occurs if someone reaches the (fairly high) request cap in a short amount of time.

So I can't have my 100 LTT tabs open? God damn ;-; 

24 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

They're different errors, but the template is the same. The error posted is 429 Too Many Requests, and occurs if someone reaches the (fairly high) request cap in a short amount of time.

The issue is that i've done MUCH more hits than i've done over the past little while. I mean, look at my post count, some of that averaged >100 posts per day. That average has lowered hugely since.

Either the number got lowered, there's a massive amount of hits i dont know about, or something's broke.

Just now, manikyath said:

The issue is that i've done MUCH more hits than i've done over the past little while. I mean, look at my post count, some of that averaged >100 posts per day. That average has lowered hugely since.

Either the number got lowered, there's a massive amount of hits i dont know about, or something's broke.

The number hasn't been changed, and it is hard to hit the cap. What is your IP address?

HTTP/2 203

3 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

The number hasn't been changed, and it is hard to hit the cap. What is your IP address?

I'll PM for privacy reasons. I have in the meantime checked my router for strange behaviors (which luckily i didnt found any)

10 minutes ago, manikyath said:

I'll PM for privacy reasons. I have in the meantime checked my router for strange behaviors (which luckily i didnt found any)

If it can't be fixed then maybe just restart your router to get dem new dynamic IP assigned? :D 

3 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

If it can't be fixed then maybe just restart your router to get dem new dynamic IP assigned? :D 

Well, i have to unplug my router between 1 and 2 AM to get a new IP, it's how my ISP does things (IPs stay allocated to the same client, and every night the pool gets 'cleaned' to free up addresses of people who unplugged their stuff, contracts that ran out, or contracts that got cancelled.)

My isp is a strange bird, but you learn to like its quirks.

25 minutes ago, manikyath said:

Well, i have to unplug my router between 1 and 2 AM to get a new IP, it's how my ISP does things (IPs stay allocated to the same client, and every night the pool gets 'cleaned' to free up addresses of people who unplugged their stuff, contracts that ran out, or contracts that got cancelled.)

My isp is a strange bird, but you learn to like its quirks.

And my ISP is when ever you lose power to the router or it disconnects then it get's assigned a new IP :P 

On a side note, I fucking hate TalkTalk for giving me such a fucking shit router/modem combo...how can it not handle the most common thing ever called DLM? DLM can affect your internet speeds but come on, losing 10mbps of down speeds is just unacceptable when it's not being throttled and it's just the modem doesn't have support for G.INP...FUCK SAKE...(yes I am complaining how I went from 75mbps speeds to 65...come on, you expect your internet to always be as fast possible no? This is almost worse than being throttled as it's less your ISP doesn't have the bandwidth but it's your ISP cheaping out on the modem/router and you get worse speeds :/)