Need help deciding on an upgrade.

3 minutes ago, JimmyTheHeadcrab said:

I want to know if I should upgrade my ram or my hard drive. I'm not sure what brand and model the ram is but I have the specs, so if I really need to take it out and look at it I'm fine with that. Thanks for any suggestions :)

RAM: edcfdf38f1b5a0014f38a67b6ad24298.png

HDD: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822149382

Ram speeds make little difference, I would add an SSD. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

Ram makes little difference. The only reason I have 16Gigs rather than 8 Gigs is I like having 30 tabs open across 2 web browser. Ok, thats a little exaggerated, but I do run a few extensions and two instances of chrome. Plus Google hang outs and stuff. I never turn my computer off. Id say if your using like 90% of your ram, then you might want to get more. Like stated above and SSD will make a difference. My Laptop has newer hardware and the same amount of ram. The only difference is my desktop has an Samsung 830 SSD, this is an old SSD but still very fast. My laptop has a SSHD, its a slower. This is one of the reasons I use my desktop more than my laptop. 

You can get a 500 Gig Samsung 850 EVO for under $200, some times under $150. So its a worthy upgrade. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

Ram makes little difference. The only reason I have 16Gigs rather than 8 Gigs is I like having 30 tabs open across 2 web browser. Ok, thats a little exaggerated, but I do run a few extensions and two instances of chrome. Plus Google hang outs and stuff. I never turn my computer off. Id say if your using like 90% of your ram, then you might want to get more. Like stated above and SSD will make a difference. My Laptop has newer hardware and the same amount of ram. The only difference is my desktop has an Samsung 830 SSD, this is an old SSD but still very fast. My laptop has a SSHD, its a slower. This is one of the reasons I use my desktop more than my laptop. 

You can get a 500 Gig Samsung 850 EVO for under $200, some times under $150. So its a worthy upgrade. 

Yes and honestly any ssd you can afford will drastically speed up your computer much more than the ram ever will and 8gbs is really the sweet spot for ram since 16 is usually overkill for gaming at least but video editing is a whole different beast I couldn't ever go back to a regular platter drive I'd rather die well maybe not haha