Apple will be cleaning up the App Store this month

rm -rf

Article Link: http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/apps-software/matthew-wilson/apple-will-be-cleaning-up-the-app-store-this-month/

Apple is going to be removing apps from the app store that it "considers to not be up to scratch, [they] will notify the developer and give them 30 days to submit an update before removing it completely. This heads up will not be given for any apps that crash on launch though, they will be removed instantly."

All app names can now only be up to "50 characters long, this is to combat developers including descriptions in app titles to try and rank higher in searches."

oh shit

not my apps from 2008 that work well

--

you need quotes. in actual quotes.

and your opinion.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

23 minutes ago, rm -rf said:

Article Link: http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/apps-software/matthew-wilson/apple-will-be-cleaning-up-the-app-store-this-month/

Apple is going to be removing apps from the app store that it "considers to not be up to scratch, [they] will notify the developer and give them 30 days to submit an update before removing it completely. This heads up will not be given for any apps that crash on launch though, they will be removed instantly."

All app names can now only be up to "50 characters long, this is to combat developers including descriptions in app titles to try and rank higher in searches."

hey pal, You need to include a quote and your own opinion. Otherwise the mods will move it to off topic.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

I guess Apple is going to close the "App Gap" themselves.

/s

But in all seriousness though, as I have pointed out in the past is Apples 2.2 million apps in the store are nothing but waste at this point. It is about time they dump the garbage from the system. I wonder how much will be left? 500,000? lol

OP please read this and adjust your post, Thanks! :D 

Edited by SansVarnic

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Moved to the general section until OP fixes it, please look above as others have pointed out what needs to be done to fit the guidelines.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !