Razor Blade Stealth Gets Upgraded

http://www.theverge.com/2016/9/2/12709644/razer-blade-stealth-upgrade-kaby-lake-ifa-2016

It appears as though Razor will be updating its line, with the Stealth getting 16GB RAM, a much inproved battery, and a kaby lake i7-7500U.

I'm sure we'll be seeing many laptop makers following suit shortly.

Always good to see better ultrabooks, especially since it would seem that according to Linus, Razer is the highest quality portable laptop solution creator.

I honestly would like to get one of these, to try it out :P

Groomlake Authority

1 minute ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Always good to see better ultrabooks, especially since it would seem that according to Linus, Razer is the highest quality portable laptop solution creator.

I honestly would like to get one of these, to try it out :P

I would too but my bank says no

1 minute ago, cazetofamo said:

Same, I've got college to pay for. I've got no idea how people afford MacBook Pro's for school. Its crazy.

It helps that they last forever. I got 7 good years of use from my old mac and I plan to get at least that much from my current mac. Meanwhile every windows laptop I've dealt with in the last 11 years (all high end) have lasted about 3-4 before starting to have frequent problems. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

@VerticalDiscussions I don't know about the best. But they make some amazing laptops since they restrict themselves to only making what they know how to make (premium laptops) and they do it incredibly well. I bought a Razor blade 2016 edition used a few months ago and it is by far the best laptop I've ever owned. It is just an experience to use. 

Definitely a good value. If you can get a lower end configuration with 16gb ram, new i7 Kaby lake processor, 512gb storage, improved battery life, backlit keyboard, usb-c that let you connect to external desktop graphics(although you'll be limited to that cpu) and QHD touchscreen just for $1399. Is pretty good value if I must say. Not to mention the slim and portable design of it is also a huge plus. Personally I wouldn't go with 4k though on a such a small display and not to mention how much faster it drain your battery life. I've seen linus review on the previous razer blade stealth and I agreed with his sentiment.

8 minutes ago, oo2k15 said:

Definitely a good value. If you can get a lower end configuration with 16gb ram, new i7 Kaby lake processor, 512gb storage, improved battery life, backlit keyboard, usb-c that let you connect to external desktop graphics and QHD touchscreen just for $1399. Is pretty good value if I must say. I wouldn't go with 4k though for such a small display and not to mention how much faster it drain your battery.

Granted, the CPU is a U SKU, so not quite the power of the higher models, but yea, still not bad

59 minutes ago, cazetofamo said:

Same, I've got college to pay for. I've got no idea how people afford MacBook Pro's for school. Its crazy.

By having money.

1 minute ago, cazetofamo said:

Granted, the CPU is a U SKU, so not quite the power of the higher models, but yea, still not bad

Yeah I read a review on it. Is still a mobile dual core. I was hoping for quad core though but I understand why, it'll be competiting with their razer blade 14. Still a decent CPU nevertheless.

Any news about the GPU, is it still the 970m? Or does it feature a 1060?

No mention in the article?

CAN WE GET A LARAGER BATTERY THANKS. Make it ultra portable all you want but give out GIANT extended batteries if one wants one.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

3 hours ago, Ramamataz said:

CAN WE GET A LARAGER BATTERY THANKS. Make it ultra portable all you want but give out GIANT extended batteries if one wants one.

There is a larger battery

9 hours ago, cazetofamo said:

a much inproved battery

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

12 hours ago, Gr0egercesg said:

Any news about the GPU, is it still the 970m? Or does it feature a 1060?

No mention in the article?

This is the stealth, not the normal blade. It only has the integrated i7 gpu, with option for external gpu with razer core.