Coming over from Tek Syndicate!

HeaviestHammer

Hi long time watcher/lurker of LTT, Tek Syndicate has abandoned me in my time of need, I'm a security engineer and want to contribute my knowledge to this forum. I'll start browsing and posting the next few days. Just saying hi and hoping you'll all have me in your community. 

-HeaviestHammer

1 minute ago, HeaviestHammer said:

Hi long time watcher/lurker of LTT, Tek Syndicate has abandoned me in my time of need, I'm a security engineer and want to contribute my knowledge to this forum. I'll start browsing and posting the next few days. Just saying hi and hoping you'll all have me in your community. 

-HeaviestHammer

Welcome and bring the hammer bud!

Welcome

What is your need?

What did Tek Syndicate provide for you that others did not?

What did you like about Tek?

I watched Tek and wasnt impressed, I posted my comments in my own thread.

wow... I'm glad you could find your way here

are you alright? maybe a warm tee or coffee?

don't worry, you're in a safe place now, we'll take care of you and provide shelter, it'll all be over soon

whatever happened - it's not your fault, don't blame yourself, there was nothing you could do to fix it

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

lol these comments

Welcome to the forums!

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Welcome to the forum ... BTW, we already have an "introduce yourself" in the off-topic section ;)

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Welcome.  Please be advised of a small issue we are currently having that can cause double posts - if you see any (by you or others) just click the warning button to report them so we can clean it up :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

welcome to the forums!

Spoiler

My computers as of 2017/03

My Old PC

Spoiler

Dell Vostro 260 $150 2010

CPU: i3-2120@3.3Ghz, GPU: Intel HD Graphics 2000, ATI Radeon X1300, RAM: 4GB Axevir Budget Series, SSD: 240GB Radeon R7, HDD: random 250GB and random 160 GB, CASE: Crap from Dell, OS: Windows 7 Enterprise

My Current PC

Spoiler

Custom Build $1200 2016

CPU: i5-6600k@3.6Ghz, GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury, RAM: 16GB Geil EVO X, SSD: 240GB Radeon R7, HDD: Hitachi 500GB, CASE: Deepcool Kendomen, OS: Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Laptop

Spoiler

ASUS F8S $1150 2008

CPU: Core 2 Duo T7500, GPU: ATI 2400 Mobility, RAM: 8GB Mushkins, SSHD: 1TB Seagate Hybrid Drive, OS: Windows 7 Ultimate N and Windows 10 Professional

HTPC

Spoiler

MSi Cubi $200 2016

CPU: Pentium 3805u@1.9Ghz, GPU: Intel HD, RAM: 4GB Crucial DDR3L, SSD: 120GB Radeon R7

Other Laptop

Spoiler

HP 2210b $400 2009

CPU: Core 2 Duo T8100@2.1Ghz, GPU: Intel GM965, RAM: 2GB Hynix, HDD: Hitachi 160GB, OS: Linux Mint 17.3 and Lubuntu

*All Prices in the Canadian Dollar

Welcome welcome. *hands over a beer*

Chat is over there in off topic, news is the busiest section. Lots of sub forums.

-------

Current Rig

-------

2 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

And so it begins. The great Tek Syndicate immigration.

We need to hurry and build a great firewall, and we'll make Logan pay for it!

Let's make LTT great again!

In all seriousness though, welcome.

Pay for it with his 13K?

2 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

And so it begins. The great Tek Syndicate immigration.

We need to hurry and build a great firewall, and we'll make Logan pay for it!

Let's make LTT great again!

In all seriousness though, welcome.

Trump is bringing trade back, so we can make American grapes again.

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

I've seen where this is going.  Let's not make this political.  I've seen too many threads die that way :P

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

7 minutes ago, DXMember said:

wow... I'm glad you could find your way here

are you alright? maybe a warm tee or coffee?

don't worry, you're in a safe place now, we'll take care of you and provide shelter, it'll all be over soon

Just now, DXMember said:

Trump is bringing trade back, so we can make American grapes again.

You are out of control.

Welcome! It's sad to see the Tek Syndicate community falling apart, hopefully more of you join us :)

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Welcome, not too sure what all this Tek Syndicate noise is about but I'd rather lurk for 10 minutes and get off work! :P Enjoy your stay here.

3 minutes ago, Sauron said:

more of you join us :)

resistance.jpg

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

16 minutes ago, HeaviestHammer said:

-HeaviestHammer

how does one seek a career in this field I am going to college for cyber defense

3 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

Jeez man, you saw right through my diabolical scheme of world subjugation! Keep it quiet, ok?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

6 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Welcome! It's sad to see the Tek Syndicate community falling apart, hopefully more of you join us :)

it is truly for the better. If anything rises out of the ashes it will be 100x better without logan.

Wow, thanks for the positive response. Sorry for not posting in off-topic. I will try my best to assimilate to my new Canadian overlords. Also I did mention I was a security engineer, let me help with that firewall @LAwLz. @Canada EH honestly, I just found Tek Syndicate's Wendell more aligned with me as a person, also I'm a metal head so I had that in common with Logan. I liked TS because it was more than gaming, although lately LTT has gotten more and more interesting with the business tech and office servers. I've been watching LTT since it was just Linus and Luke, just not really a "community member" and more of a lurker, that changes now.

5 minutes ago, Jstone said:

how does one seek a career in this field I am going to college for cyber defense

Get decent with networking, system administrator, and learn to script (Python, Ruby). Get a job as a SOC analyst or a network defense job. Learn how to defend networks and systems. then after a few years of that and building your own virtual environments and doing stuff with them start learning to exploit them and become a pen tester, we have more fun than the guys that stay pure defense. CCNA and Sec+ are two really good certs that will help you land an entry level position. They are pricey but if you can swing it, it's worth it. See if your school has anything to help you get certs while studying for your degree.

2 minutes ago, HeaviestHammer said:

Get decent with networking, system administrator, and learn to script (Python, Ruby). Get a job as a SOC analyst or a network defense job. Learn how to defend networks and systems. then after a few years of that and building your own virtual environments and doing stuff with them start learning to exploit them and become a pen tester, we have more fun than the guys that stay pure defense. CCNA and Sec+ are two really good certs that will help you land an entry level position. They are pricey but if you can swing it, it's worth it. See if your school has anything to help you get certs while studying for your degree.

I work for the DOD and they are paying all my cert testing

CCNA and as many GIAC certs as they'll pay for, those are the ones the DOD uses for their standards.