Eating meat, your thoughts?

Lord Pantaloons

Ok so recently my sister started reading some hippie greenpeace blog thing from one of those corners of the internet that need to be blown up, after reading this blog(no link sorry) for about a month my sister has decided to swear off meat. Not so bad right? wait it get's worse, not content with deciding that she should stop eating meat she has taken it upon herself to try to badger our entire family to do the same for a bunch of reasons that are typical to this situation "Meat isn't good for you" "the poor animals" blah blah blah. Anyways it's been about two months since she quit eating meat and she's still going on and on about it because she still has to cook meat for her husband (something she's not happy about) so she tried to convince me to give up meat so I could convince my brother-in-law to quit too. Obviously this failed because: Reasons also Bacon also Steak also Bacon wrapped Steak also more Bacon. This got me wondering though how people here in the LTT community feel about eating meat, the treatment of animals that are farmed for meat and so on and so on.

Post your thoughts and whatever seems relevant.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I'm still eating bacon and use it as hair product. I will keep hunting and eat my prizes. YOUR SISTER CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO

tumblr_m498ejQboc1r1p9efo1_500.gif

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Something that we do is, we eat too much meat

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Meat is good for you. Keep eating meat.

Case: Xigmatek Alfar (Black) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 @3.2GHz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 1600MHz | GFX: Gigabyte GTX 660Ti 2GB
Cooler: beQuiet! Shadow Rock | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | HDD: Seagate 'Barracuda' 2TB| OS: Windows 8.1 PRO (64-bit) | PSU: Zalman ZM600-GT 600W 80+ Bronze
 Screen: ASUS VS228 | Mouse: Razer Naga Molten | Headphones: Qpad QH-85 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 w/ Cherry MX Blue

It's a childish stage a lot of kids go through around the mid-teens. Children's minds are very easily swayed; I'm sure if she had been shown the inside of a slaughterhouse she'd say she's never going to eat meat again. It never lasts at that age.

There are many valid points to be made for and against eating meat, but anyone who says that eating meat isn't good for you clearly doesn't understand evolution. Eating too much meat is bad for you, in the same way eating too much of anything is bad for you.

As for the treatment of animals, it depends on how you source your meat. I get mine from the local farm shop or, failing that, the organic/free range sections (the same goes for veg, eggs, milk, etc).

Unfortunately, most of the arguments surrounding vegetarianism/veganism lack any real substances and appeal to emotion over reason. An argument needs to stand up on its own merit.

Intel 3770K @ 4.4GHz (Summer) - 4.6GHz (Winter) / Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe / EVGA GTX 680 /w Arctic Twin Turbo II / 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1866MHz / Samsung 840 Pro 128GB (Steam) / OCZ Vertex 4 128GB (Boot/Office/Steam) / Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2 (RAID 1, Storage) / Asus Xonar D2X / OCZ 1250W ZX / H80i /w 2 x Gentle Typhoons / Cooler Master HAF X /w Pioneer Blu Ray, Aerocool V12XT, 4 x Cooler Master MegaFlows (Red) / Logitech Z906, G930, G19 & G700

I think meat is the least of any ones concerns as to an item of food they shouldnt eat. She should cut out "Junk food" and Fast food if anything. Not eating meat is diverting the course of nature. If we werent supposed to eat meat we would probably die from eating it.

Meat is delicious and good for you. (and her). Let her be a vegeterian or that other one that doesnt eat meat but eats fish or whatever...and let her know that all us meat eating canivorus creatures look down on her, and expect her to eat the leafs off trees and the grass on my lawn.

I always look foward to eating a good steak, or bacon in the morning. Who looks foward to eating vegetables?

your profile picture makes it aaaaalll the better xD

Well, i wanted to start my vegetarien week tomorrow and see how it goes. If i dont miss anything i'll just keep on being vegetarien.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

The whole "It's cruel" arguement doesn't work. It's just a way of natural life. If you don't want to eat meat that's okay! But a deer gets viciously torn apart by a pack of wolves everyday. 

Meat is also great for you as long as you don't only eat the fat. 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Where does she buy her clothes, her smartphone, her pc? does she care for human life as well?

Well if she turns into the typical eco terrorist she won't, greenpeace and the people like them don't like people remember?

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Me eating meat may be bad for some animals but trust me on this if you try to take away my meat it will be bad for everything else =)

The only difference between a politician and a criminal in patience . A criminal will try to take everything immediately where as a politician known to take it one small piece at a time

Tell her that if you don't eat meat you are eating the food that animals eat and that she is also killing them off but very very slowly via starvation.

:D

Where does she buy her clothes, her smartphone, her pc? does she care for human life as well?

This is an awesome point. Fairtrade goods should also be her priority. Otherwise shes just a hypocrite and should just eat some god damn meat.

REAL men eat REAL meat

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

Even better, show her this thread.

i bet that blogger gets high on LSD frequently meat is an essential food as vegetables are no matter what and for that bullshit about "animals feelings" is like saying a baseball bat has felling to because is made of wood -__- 

also: a well made steak is just to GOOD :)

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Ok before i say my thoughts i want everyone to be aware i am against animal cruelty.

Now i love meat, it taste great, has many health benefits and did i mention it tastes great.

As for the fact that the animal is slaughtered so we can eat it. The process is well regulated and controlled the killing is not cruel to the animal. IMO the way they kill the animal sounds horrible but it is quick and painless for the animal.

There is also milk and eggs, does your sister eat either of those (including ice cream sandwiches (Maxibons :D)) i believe the conditions those animals live in are far worse than that of cows who get turned into steak. But saying that they are fed, watered and looked after.

Being a vegetarian is a personal choice, and i don't believe we have the right to judge anyone for being vegetarian. However i also don't think they have the right to judge people who do eat meat.

Tell her we are at the top of the food chain and she is screwing with nature.

Also tell her if she doesn't eat meat some animals will die for nothing. :(

I jest of course, but she does need to get over it.

i bet that blogger gets high on LSD frequently meat is an essential food as vegetables are no matter what and for that bullshit about "animals feelings" is like saying a baseball bat has felling to because is made of wood -__- 

also: a well made steak is just to GOOD :)

Karma-Plank-is-watching-you-ed-edd-and-e

i get most of my red meat from my grandfather's farm :)

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Karma-Plank-is-watching-you-ed-edd-and-e

oh god...

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here