Is there a plugin for Chrome that will give me desktop notifications when I get a notification on this forum?

Bluethulhu

I have a plugin that does this for Reddit comments/mail, and it's really helpful, especially for /r/counting.

Spoiler

You could have an email setup for the notifications for LTT forums then have a mail checker extension.

Athlon X4 760K | MSI A88X-G43 | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1333Mhz | MSI R7 260X 2GB | Corsair 300R | Corsair CX430 | 640GB HDD | Windows 7 64-bit

HP W2071d 20" 900p TN | Stock Dell K/B | Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 + SteelSeries Qck Portal 2 Ed. | Grado SR80i + cheap 2.0 speakers

You could have an email setup for the notifications for LTT forums then have a mail checker extension.

This, just make a gmail account just for the forums then just install this extension - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-mail-checker/mihcahmgecmbnbcchbopgniflfhgnkff?hl=en

Every 60 seconds in Africa...

A minute passes.

I'd prefer if they could send someone to tap me on my shoulder instead of a Chrome notification. Much more personal :lol:

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Yes, it's called e-mail notification. All you need is an e-mail account and a e-mail software that you leave open, like for example Outlook or Thunderbird.

OR they could make an LTT app that sends push notifications.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

OR they could make an LTT app that sends push notifications.

Yes, because we all need a running background app for every single web site we use.

That's the smart way to do things. I also have all my games running at the same time, and all my programs, I just switch between them via the task bar. Closing programs are for wimps.

Yes, because we all need a running background app for every single web site we use.

That's the smart way to do things. I also have all my games running at the same time, and all my programs, I just switch between them via the task manager. Closing programs are for wimps.

great idea I'll try that , with the unlimited amounts of CPU power and RAM in my unobtainium case  that I like to call my PC!

"Play the course as you find it. Play the Ball as it lies. And if you can't do either, do what's fair."

That's the smart way to do things. I also have all my games running at the same time, and all my programs, I just switch between them via the task manager. Closing programs are for wimps.

I was talking about an android/ ios app, like how the facebook app beeps like a text message when someone talks to you or something.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

I was talking about an android/ ios app, like how the facebook app beeps like a text message when someone talks to you or something.

How is it different? It's a program.. running at startup... running all the time on the back.

The proper way is having 1 app handle all notifications.

How is it different? It's a program.. running at startup... running all the time on the back.

The proper way is having 1 app handle all notifications.

Well if the program runs on your phone, then you won't have to install programs on your computer... so there's no startup program. Apps like the facebook app don't slow your phone down when they auto-check for notifications.

If you are in dire straights to find a reply to your N threads, just open up each thread in a separate tab and keep clicking re-load all for that window of your cherished threads.

Or just check your notifications later when you get the urge to read the forum again... is this really a problem?

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.