Would it be weird for me to have this?

ColoradoJones12

Would a herschel supply backpack be weird for a guy to have, and could you make reccomendations of large backpacks. 

17 minutes ago, ColoradoJones12 said:

Would a herschel supply backpack be weird for a guy to have, and could you make reccomendations of large backpacks. 

Why would it be weird for a guy to carry around a backpack? That's fairly normal. Hell I bring a backpack to work with me every day for carrying things like paperwork, parts, tools, etc.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

7 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Why would it be weird for a guy to carry around a backpack? That's fairly normal. Hell I bring a backpack to work with me every day for carrying things like paperwork, parts, tools, etc.

I was just wondering about the style

12 minutes ago, ColoradoJones12 said:

Not really, unless you've labeled yourself as a hipster. Owning a certain brand does not make one a hipster alone though.

Use whatever backpack is most comfortable to you and don't let others tell you otherwise. Style is completely subjective.

My daily bag is the Tenba Messenger in Navy Blue and I love it to bits. It weighs 25 lbs fully loaded, but I'm always prepared.

Friends sometimes tease me, sure, but they're just secretly jealous that I'm prepared and they're not.

1272907919000_509012[1].jpg

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Just now, ColoradoJones12 said:

I was just wondering about the style

Well if you care about fashion and what others think about you, then just make sure that the particular colours/pattern you choose is something that will mesh well with the way you dress yourself.

Obviously, if you pick one that is pink and flowery, some people will question your masculinity and assume you're gay or very feminine (Regardless of whether there is any truth to it, nor whether it's actually even a bad thing to be these things). Some people wouldn't care about that, and others would be bothered by it.

So ultimately you can pick a style you like, or pick a style you think will look good on you. Hopefully, they are mutually inclusive of one another.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I never liked those backpacks. I see them on students in grade school from Elementary to Highschool.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=herschel+supply+backpack&iax=1&ia=images

There was a brand of backpack, travel bags that had excellent warranty and their zippers were top quality, and bag material was top quality too. I cant think of it off hand but it was a sports type brand, snowboarding/skateboarding type sports bag company. I think its Dakine. Expensive bags I remember. Those are way "cooler" backpacks, that will last you forever is. Dakine.

who cares op , its a backpack :P just get what you like and don't let what others may say get to you 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

They are fine,good quality fashionable backpacks

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Brown or black leather manbags are much smarter and mature.

Linus is my fetish.

While we are on the topic of backpacks, anyone know a good backpack where one could fit most, if not all, of the equipment one needs for MMA practice into?

Gloves and shinguards are a pita to fit into any bag.

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

7 hours ago, Urishima said:

While we are on the topic of backpacks, anyone know a good backpack where one could fit most, if not all, of the equipment one needs for MMA practice into?

Fit all that into a backpack? You might be pushing your luck. An actual Ruck Sack (Hiking/Camping/Military backpack) would be better, as they have a much higher internal volume, and often come with a stiff spine and base support to keep the shape and distribute the weight evenly.

But honestly, a Duffel Bag would likely be the most convenient, and easiest to find one you like.

7 hours ago, Urishima said:

Why not use the usual duffel bag for those stuff?

2 hours ago, Tom is a Door said:

Why not use the usual duffel bag for those stuff?

Well, I already have one that I just sling over my shoulder, but backpacks are simply more convenient to carry around, and are also better for riding a bike, if I ever get around to buying one.

Also, I've had issues with my neck recently. Bit of stiffness on one side. I should probably get that checked out.

2 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Fit all that into a backpack? You might be pushing your luck. An actual Ruck Sack (Hiking/Camping/Military backpack) would be better...

Didn't know that there was a difference between the two terms. In Germany we commonly use 'Rucksack' for both small and big ones.

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

9 minutes ago, Urishima said:

Well, I already have one that I just sling over my shoulder, but backpacks are simply more convenient to carry around, and are also better for riding a bike, if I ever get around to buying one.

Also, I've had issues with my neck recently. Bit of stiffness on one side. I should probably get that checked out.

Didn't know that there was a difference between the two terms. In Germany we commonly use 'Rucksack' for both small and big ones.

Must be a cultural difference. I'm not sure what the technical definition for a Rucksack is, but here in Canada at least, no one calls a regular backpack a Rucksack. It's considered a very specific sub-type of Backpack.

This is the bag I use, just a little over £20 for a real leather bag:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00H7FSOXQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dispatches from China though, but honestly its great quality and real leather.

Except Im sure the one I got is a bit bigger than that one. I got it 2 years ago and it had 2 size options back then. Its a shame the larger size isnt around anymore.

Linus is my fetish.

19 hours ago, ColoradoJones12 said:

A bit hispetery, but I don't see the problem. Also, don't forget to wear tight pants, brush your beard/mustache and go to Starbucks.

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

Must be a cultural difference. I'm not sure what the technical definition for a Rucksack is, but here in Canada at least, no one calls a regular backpack a Rucksack. It's considered a very specific sub-type of Backpack.

Interesting, where I am the terms are used interchangeably.

The more you know...

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Why would anyone care what kind of backpack you have? It's not a fashion thing, it's purely practical.

Do you wear a backpack because it looks nice? No, it's because it's practical for carrying stuff; that's what's important. 

2 hours ago, Urishima said:

On my way from after school practice, I was able to make a contraption some how that made like a cross and the strap went over both my shoulders, it was comfortable only if I was actually thinking about it when making it or wrote it down. xD

2 hours ago, Tosa said:

Why would anyone care what kind of backpack you have? It's not a fashion thing, it's purely practical.

Do you wear a backpack because it looks nice? No, it's because it's practical for carrying stuff; that's what's important. 

You would think so, but to many people, it IS a fashion thing. You see kids, teens, young adults, etc, walking around w/ a backpack at all times of the day, even when just chilling at the mall, etc.

Certainly, a backpack is first and foremost a tool, but many people view it no differently than a purse (which to many people, is a fashion accessory first, and a practical tool second).

2 hours ago, Tosa said:

The bag that I have is smart enough to take to interviews and anywhere, and I have had many compliments on how nice it is.

I hated using a sports backpack because it looked too juvenile and what is normally worn by schoolkids. 

Though if going trekking / camping / on a holiday, ofc a backpack is better for carrying stuff around, but for everyday normal use, a smart brown or black leather bag is much nicer.

My brother uses a black leather laptop / briefcase type similar bag, and for his job he's in a suit everyday. He'd look pretty silly wearing a backpack to carry his things around with a full suit.

Linus is my fetish.

7 minutes ago, Bhav said:

The bag that I have is smart enough to take to interviews and anywhere, and I have had many compliments on how nice it is.

I hated using a sports backpack because it looked too juvenile and what is normally worn by schoolkids. 

Though if going trekking / camping / on a holiday, ofc a backpack is better for carrying stuff around, but for everyday normal use, a smart brown or black leather bag is much nicer.

My brother uses a black leather laptop / briefcase type similar bag, and for his job he's in a suit everyday. He'd look pretty silly wearing a backpack to carry his things around with a full suit.

Backpack? No, that'd look weird. But he could get away with wearing a Messenger style bag. Full Business Suit people carry them all the time. Personally, I would carry one of those over a briefcase.

Yes thats what he has, a black leather messenger bag, like mine with a strap, and you wear it at the front of the body.

I just describe it as a briefcase with a strap.

Linus is my fetish.