Windows server update issues with Adobe software

My server is running the latest updates on Windows server 2012 r2 and creative cloud downloader runs fine but it still won't allow me to install media encoder claiming I'm missing an update. When I click to download the Windows update from Microsoft.com I get an error window saying I need to be an administrator (I'm in the admin user) and refuses to install even when I run as administrator.

Does your server have the "Desktop Experience" feature, under User Interfaces and Infrastructure, installed?

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

3 hours ago, brwainer said:

Does your server have the "Desktop Experience" feature, under User Interfaces and Infrastructure, installed?

It didn't but I just tried and its still not allowing me to download the update saying its not applicable and adobe still won't install

install the desktop experience and anything that alows the windows GUI to work

windows server and consumer applications don't work sometimes, it's annoying! try getting FileZilla to work! i spent 2 days getting it to work!!!! F*CK!!! #LifeOfaITAdministrator

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!

27 minutes ago, samiscool51 said:

install the desktop experience and anything that alows the windows GUI to work

windows server and consumer applications don't work sometimes, it's annoying! try getting FileZilla to work! i spent 2 days getting it to work!!!! F*CK!!! #LifeOfaITAdministrator

Filezilla installed just fine, these are windows server installs with gui's, will look at other features and see if im missing anything

yea just check and see if anyone else has had this problem and see how they fixed it

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!

ok so update; went to adobe support and they said to contact Microsoft, contacted Microsoft and got info to call the professional support line as well as a case generated, will call tonight and keep updated.

11 hours ago, xtoolbearx said:

ok so update; went to adobe support and they said to contact Microsoft, contacted Microsoft and got info to call the professional support line as well as a case generated, will call tonight and keep updated.

Curious, which Adobe programs are you installing? A CS suite or the newer Creative Cloud programs? I have Adobe CS6 Master Suite working just fine. Also, I could double check your installer / attempt to reinstall it. I have had times where somehow Photoshop randomly corrupted itself and the only fix was to reinstall Master Suite over again...

Generally if it says your trying to install an update and wont let you there are other issues. This can be the update is installed already, not needed for this system etc. If it says you need to run it as the admin. Try a different admin account, only admin?, create new account and add them to the admin group, and log in as them. The whole Adobe CC is a big pile of dog doo doo for an installer, even more so for windows server. Is this a VM? Make sure you have the minimum requirements(Namely OpenGL 2.0) 

4 hours ago, scottyseng said:

Curious, which Adobe programs are you installing? A CS suite or the newer Creative Cloud programs? I have Adobe CS6 Master Suite working just fine. Also, I could double check your installer / attempt to reinstall it. I have had times where somehow Photoshop randomly corrupted itself and the only fix was to reinstall Master Suite over again...

its the creative cloud, have tried re-installing downloader

3 hours ago, Smite said:

Generally if it says your trying to install an update and wont let you there are other issues. This can be the update is installed already, not needed for this system etc. If it says you need to run it as the admin. Try a different admin account, only admin?, create new account and add them to the admin group, and log in as them. The whole Adobe CC is a big pile of dog doo doo for an installer, even more so for windows server. Is this a VM? Make sure you have the minimum requirements(Namely OpenGL 2.0) 

wait cloud that be the issue? the server only has the basic on motherboard ATI chip that's only meant to power a GUI, il try putting a small graphics card into the system.

8 minutes ago, xtoolbearx said:

wait cloud that be the issue? the server only has the basic on motherboard ATI chip that's only meant to power a GUI, il try putting a small graphics card into the system.

Yeah, I have a Socket LGA-2011-3 system, so I kind of had to have a GPU to get video out.

Hmm, yeah, I don't think corruption is a issue if you already tried downloading the installer. It would be strange if a GPU fixes it though. Also, maybe double check drivers to make sure they're up to date...I doubt that's the issue, but maybe it'll help.

48 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

Yeah, I have a Socket LGA-2011-3 system, so I kind of had to have a GPU to get video out.

Hmm, yeah, I don't think corruption is a issue if you already tried downloading the installer. It would be strange if a GPU fixes it though. Also, maybe double check drivers to make sure they're up to date...I doubt that's the issue, but maybe it'll help.

so a small GPU wouldn't fit but I never had the driver for the onboard gfx chip installed, its giving an installer error so im working that out right now, will update soon.