MX Master decreasing battery life

So when I first got my MX master I was able to use it for over a month wirelessly.

I don't need my mouse to be wireless, so 99% of the time I have it plugged in so it remains fully charged, and I use it while plugged in.

Now, almost a year later, the battery lasts less than an hour when I recently tried gaming with it unplugged.

Has anyone noticed a significant battery life decrease for their MX master? Especially if you usually use it plugged in?

I think it could be a problem with the power circuitry that doesn't properly disconnect the battery when fully charged, and if I regularly charged and discharged the battery it would be fine.

I'll also try contacting Logitech support to see if this is an excuse for me to get a new mouse, but I was curious if anyone else noticed this too, since so many people use the MX master.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

5 minutes ago, Enderman said:

I think it could be a problem with the power circuitry that doesn't properly disconnect the battery when fully charged, and if I regularly charged and discharged the battery it would be fine.

That's probably what happen, it applies to a lot other rechargeable battery device anyway.

49 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

its how lithium batteries work, if you deplete the entire thing then give a full charge, you should see better battery life again.

Technically li-ion batteries should not have memory, but when I used it for 1 hour it pretty much fully depleted, and recharging it again didn't yield different results.

Maybe I'll try it a few more times, draining and recharging.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

16 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Technically li-ion batteries should not have memory, but when I used it for 1 hour it pretty much fully depleted, and recharging it again didn't yield different results.

Maybe I'll try it a few more times, draining and recharging.

maybe you just need new batteries. This happened to my current microsoft wireless comfort keyboard. Turns out the rechargeable batteries where dying.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

3 minutes ago, Ramamataz said:

maybe you just need new batteries. This happened to my current microsoft wireless comfort keyboard. Turns out the rechargeable batteries where dying.

It's not a replaceable battery, and shouldn't have to be either especially if it isn't getting used :/

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, Enderman said:

It's not a replaceable battery, and shouldn't have to be either especially if it isn't getting used :/

I bet you could find some videos, I bet the MX series aren't that all differnet from one another

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Just now, Ramamataz said:

I bet you could find some videos, I bet the MX series aren't that all differnet from one another

The problem is I shouldn't have to replace it...

If this is a problem with all MX master mice then that would be huge, since there are thousands of people using it.

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

The problem is I shouldn't have to replace it...

If this is a problem with all MX master mice then that would be huge, since there are thousands of people using it.

idk then ask for a replacement. Everything has a bad apple.

Ok so I tested it again and now it does seem to be alright, so I guess before it must have been some sort of wireless interference or malfunctioning drivers.

That's good :) no need for a replacement.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Falkentyne said:

So how long is it lasting now?

Well It's been like 5 days and is at 66%

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Well It's been like 5 days and is at 66%

Does using it while charging have a degenerative effect on the battery?  If so, at least it is not permanent damage.

Just now, stconquest said:

Does using it while charging have a degenerative effect on the battery?  If so, at least it is not permanent damage.

It shoudn't, no...

Spoiler