Anyone Buying Next Gen Consoles?

vanwazltoff

Just out of curiosity, anyone getting a next gen console? I am a PC gamer, but honestly I kind of miss the old controller and kicking back with my brother and playing coop or multiplayer. Seems like every time I game on my gaming rig there is always steam and game updates and origin is a bad joke (seriously havent played BF3 in 1 1/2 years because I just dont want to deal with origin), in a sense I have lost my appetite for PC gaming. On average, I gamed significantly more per game when I used to have a PS3 then I ever really have since switching over to PC. Borderlands 1 got me into the PC gaming world and to this day Borderlands 1 and 2 are my 2 most played games of all time, well Far Cry 3 is up there too. 

I preordered the PS4, never have been an Xbox fan, plus the Xbone, well I think you will know what I have to say about that.

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

No, i see no reason to buy a console. My PC can do everything a console can do and more.

Yes I am buying an Xbox One as I like the exclusives better and I already have a PC for gaming 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

I'll see. My brother will most likely buy one [despite the fact he has a very nice gaming PC].

If I can get MGS 5 on PC I won't buy a PS4. If I can't I'll either buy one, or borrow my brothers for a few weeks to play MGS5 ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

No, i see no reason to buy a console. My PC can do everything a console can do and more.

I just want to enjoy gaming again, I sit at a desk or other peoples desk all day every day at work, when I get home I just dont sit at desk anymore, cant even get a PS3 controller too work because of stupid drivers, hate the 360 controller, almost bought a Shield a few months ago to help remedy this

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

yep ps4

gotta get those exclusives

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

yep ps4

gotta get those exclusives

Have to admit, I am Killzone fan, had every version except for the last one because I havent owned the PS3 in I dont know how long. 

I just want to enjoy gaming again, I sit at a desk or other peoples desk all day every day at work, when I get home I just dont sit at desk anymore, cant even get a PS3 controller too work because of stupid drivers, hate the 360 controller, almost bought a Shield a few months ago to help remedy this

I like playing RPG's etc. with a controller too. I use a PS3 controller with MotioninJoy/DS3 Tool.

I ordered a PS4 it's got a few exclusives im interested in does the Xbox have any games that aren't also on PC?

The only difference between a politician and a criminal in patience . A criminal will try to take everything immediately where as a politician known to take it one small piece at a time

I like playing RPG's etc. with a controller too. I use a PS3 controller with MotioninJoy/DS3 Tool.

MotioinJoy just wont run properly on my computer, works just fine on others

Have to admit, I am Killzone fan, had every version except for the last one because I havent owned the PS3 in I dont know how long. 

im kinda in it for the japanese exclusives

also naughty dog and Quantic dreams are making  AMAZING games !!!!!

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Anyone else excited for a new Battlefront release? Used to play them back in the PS2 days, I enjoyed the crap out them

I'll only get an Xbox One because of the exclusives. My PC will serve me wonderfully for years to come. I see no reason in spending $500 so soon seeing as most of my friends are transitioning to PC gaming. I might get one if they remove the "Kinect Always-On" function. Because I have my Xbox in my desk and I use one of my monitors for my Xbox 360 and I don't want my desk being taken up by a chunky arse sensor I won't use at all. My Kinect for 360 is gathering dust.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

I may at some stage, Probably the Xbone because Halo, but that's still a 2014 release so the consoles should be cheaper then :)

Consoles are great for having mates over and having some multiplayer fun.

Whether a game supports LAN or not kills it on a PC. I have 1 1/2 gaming rigs, no one ever wants to come over and do some LAN gaming.

Me and my friends are honestly more interested in board games these days, we have a weekly board game party and we usually play Settlers of Catan, Apples to Apples, Cards Against Humanity, Quelf, etc. Its a lot more fun then having a LAN party whether we can get it all going or not depends on the varying states of everyones computers, the network, the game etc. Plus someones computer tends to crap out every time and I have to go and fix the bloody thing because no one else can and I miss out on large portion of the LAN party. Its more of a hassle then its usually worth

Hell ye PS4 evan though ill have a pc that rocks infamous second son looks to good to swipe aside,

Im getting a ps4 eventually because i have owned the least 3 gens and i want to play the new killzone

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog

To be entirely honest I've only ever done one LAN in my life with a few friends, and that was more of a 'everyone get on matchmaking online and we'll jump in the same server' kind of thing. So I have pretty much zero experience with LAN's. People are always more interested in chilling over teamspeak and playing that way.

It's something that I really really would love to do more often though but nobody is ever interested :( But yeah, my mates always play board games too and I can't ever get into it really.

The overhead for LAN party is the worst part, you have to reconfigure your entire living room or garage, move a lot of furniture, provide food, get extra tables and chairs, cords go everywhere, everyone has to drag their entire system over (not hard for me, I am the only one smart enough to not get a bloody full tower that has nothing in it haha, ITX FTW!!), you have to move your whole internet setup because there is a strong change half the people wont have wireless, in my case because I have a VOIP home phone I have to set all that up too, you have to get food and most people don't pay you, they drink all the good stuff before you get a chance, they eat your specially ordered pepperoni and bacon pizza with double sauce, most the time its people just doing there own thing, everyone attempt at LAN leaves someone missing out, there isnt the widest selection of LAN games in the world, INEVITABLY SOMEONES COMPUTER ALWAYS BREAKS DOWN, there is power strips connected to power strips connected to power strips, you have to work out cooling or it'll be boiling hot

NO ONE CLEANS UP AFTER THEMSELVES, so you're on constant clean duty

yeah, I am not all that big on LAN parties, especially hosting them. 

Board game parties, step one food, step two set up board game, step three have fun, step four clean, so much easier, no moving the furniture, everyone has a good time (unless they are a sore loser), there will be a lot of laughs, fun will be had

I'll only get an Xbox One because of the exclusives. My PC will serve me wonderfully for years to come. I see no reason in spending $500 so soon seeing as most of my friends are transitioning to PC gaming. I might get one if they remove the "Kinect Always-On" function. Because I have my Xbox in my desk and I use one of my monitors for my Xbox 360 and I don't want my desk being taken up by a chunky arse sensor I won't use at all. My Kinect for 360 is gathering dust.

The Kinect isn't always on. It's also not required to be plugged in

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

I'm getting both but the Xbox One first.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

I switched over to PC gaming this year so next gen I'm just getting it for the exclusives.

On that note, I'll be getting them but not at launch.  Will wait for a price drop even if it'll take 2-3 years.  Got enough backlog on PC and PS3 anyway.  Also learned my lesson from multiple RROD's and YLOD's from launch units of PS3 and 360 last gen.

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

I will get both eventually but not any where near the launch window. Maybe a year or two down the line when the game libraries have had time to expand

The Kinect isn't always on. It's also not required to be plugged in

Really? This is news to me! ^_^ I knew that they had removed the DRM and account-locked games, but I wasn't aware of the new Kinect being able to be unplugged.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Really? This is news to me! ^_^ I knew that they had removed the DRM and account-locked games, but I wasn't aware of the new Kinect being able to be unplugged.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/45334-xbox-one-no-longer-requires-kinect-to-function/

Yes but in a year or 2 when they go on sale for $300 ish

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3