Where to buy good RJ45 plugs

DeadlyPilot

Trying to find connectors to make my own cable. EVERY connector ive seen has a decent amount of bad reviews stating how cheaply made the plugs are... Do good connectors not exist or do people not know how to make cables? 

3 minutes ago, DeadlyPilot said:

Trying to find connectors to make my own cable. EVERY connector ive seen has a decent amount of bad reviews stating how cheaply made the plugs are... Do good connectors not exist or do people not know how to make cables? 

I use monoprice connectors and they are just fine. Pretty much any connector will be fine, they are all the same. Ignore reviews, they are only connectors.

My native language is C++

People are just idiots on how to crimp cables. I use the cheapest pack of rj45 connectors from the home depot for everything, and they are fine, since it is a digital connection.

5 minutes ago, DeadlyPilot said:

Depending what you need as mentioned Monoprice has some pretty good ones:

http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=105&cp_id=10513&cs_id=1051305&p_id=7267&seq=1&format=2

http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=105&cp_id=10513&cs_id=1051305&p_id=7245&seq=1&format=2

Just now, TheProfessionalAmateurs said:

People are just idiots on how to crimp cables. I use the cheapest pack of rj45 connectors from the home depot for everything, and they are fine, since it is a digital connection.

The latch on the cheapo connectors often break easily and flimsy or overly thin metal on the connectors can have an impact on the bandwidth the cable can support. I've had issues with the latches breaking after a couple of plugs, as well as cables only being able to support up to 100BASE-T until I changed the connectors I used. 

That being said, it's mainly an issue with the super cheap connectors available on eBay. From places like Monoprice, the connectors are likely to be at least decent. 

24 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

The latch on the cheapo connectors often break easily and flimsy or overly thin metal on the connectors can have an impact on the bandwidth the cable can support. I've had issues with the latches breaking after a couple of plugs, as well as cables only being able to support up to 100BASE-T until I changed the connectors I used. 

That being said, it's mainly an issue with the super cheap connectors available on eBay. From places like Monoprice, the connectors are likely to be at least decent. 

the ones on amazon also seem to be pretty crap

I've used both the ones on Monoprice (totally fine), as well as cheap ones from CanadaComputers, that were also totally fine.

Most likely, the people leaving bad reviews probably just don't know how to properly crimp a cable. 9 times out of 10, a shitty home made patch cable is because of user error.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)