First Desktop Build Ever

Hi, my name is Preston I'm planning on building my first real PC I've only ever had laptops until now and i was hoping i could get a little advice before I pull the trigger. 

1. Budget & Location

my budget is around $1100 USD that is not including the GPU  as i have already purchased An Asus Strix gtx 970, (its a long story why i bought the gpu first but i have it so that's what I'm going to use for now) also I have HDDs and an SSD I'm moving into this system. this is what i have for $1100 sofar.

Cpu: i7 - 5820k $373

Cooler: Corsair h100i $105

Mobo: Asus rog strix x99 $334

Case: Fractal Define R5 $106

Ram: Kingston hyper X fury 16 gig kit 2 8gig sticks $78

Psu: Evga supernova 650 g2 $99

Total Price: $1,095

2. Aim

The main purpose of this PC is to do everything i can think of. I want to game,run a Plex server off of it, I want to be able to stream, edit videos literally everything under the sun.

3. Monitors

I currently have one 1080p 60hz monitor but i plan to upgrade to a 144hz 1440p monitor eventually not a big rush.

4. Peripherals

I have them already.

5. Why are you upgrading?

I have a horrible laptop with an AMD A10-5750m and i really can't game on it, it's quite a bad laptop

6 minutes ago, 135262_1454180500 said:

*snip*

Seems all good, just a bit under kill for the graphics card. The build should be compatible with each other.

A few tips for your build,

1. An anti-static strap is essential unless if you have experience building and touch the PSU as a form of muscle memory.

2. Take it slow and keep all the manuals and paperwork from the PC parts in a box.

3. Test boot before putting the motherboard into the case.

I would recommend upgrading that card in the near future.

Apart from that, it's all compatible and good to build.

I suck a typing, preparw for typos.

Desktop

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x MOBO: MSI X570-A Pro RAM: 32 GB Corsair DDR4

GPUS: Gigabyte GTX 1660ti OC 6G  CASE: Corsair Carbide 100R STORAGE: Samsung Evo 960 500GB, Crucial P1 M.2 NVME 1TB   PSU: Corsair CX550M CPU COOLER: Corsair H100x

LAPTOP

Apple Macbook Pro 13 M1 Pro

20 minutes ago, another random person said:

An anti-static strap is essential unless if you have experience building and touch the PSU as a form of muscle memory.

Well if there's no humidity and the air is dry then yeah maybe. But it's not a bad investment I suppose. I mean when I do, do my first build (whenever that is) I don't have any intentions of getting one. Then again I've watched a lot of build logs where instead of using a wrist strap they just ground themselves to the PSU/Case some times by plugging the PSU in but leaving the switch on the PSU to off and touching the case/grounded PSU occasionally. 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

38 minutes ago, another random person said:

Seems all good, just a bit under kill for the graphics card. The build should be compatible with each other.

A few tips for your build,

1. An anti-static strap is essential unless if you have experience building and touch the PSU as a form of muscle memory.

2. Take it slow and keep all the manuals and paperwork from the PC parts in a box.

3. Test boot before putting the motherboard into the case.

I would recommend upgrading that card in the near future.

Apart from that, it's all compatible and good to build.

thanks, my original plan was to give the 970 to a friend and buy the strix 1080 but as of 3 days ago i don't have a job anymore so i was just going to get this with my last check.