What Was The Fastest AGP Card That You Ever Used?

KainiaKaria

What was the fastest AGP card that you ever used?

The fastest one I ever used was the Diamond Multimedia ATI Radeon 9550 128 MB Model which is clocked at a core clock speed of 250 Mhz. I have been looking at getting the ATI Radeon X1950PRO for Intel Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz Prescott Socket 478 for my video on the basic progression of AGP.

I had a Radeon 9200 I don't remember the ram or speed because they had several models of it out. One was AGP and I think two were PCI. It was a great card at the time though.

CompTIA A+ Certified

"We are all cups, quietly and constantly being filled. The trick is knowing how to tip yourself and let the good things pour out." - Ray Bradbury

My X1900 was probably the fastest AGP card I ran before switching to PCI-E. Favorite was the X850 XT, I kept it and still use it occasionally.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

I had a Radeon 9600 and My friend gave me a Geforce 6800 at one time. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

My beast Powercolor X1950 Pro 512MB may not be the fastest AGP GPU but it was high end when it was released.

The fastest AGP graphics card are the HD 3850, HD 4670 and HD 4650.

I had a 3DFX Voodoo 3 and another Nvidia card but I cannot remember for the life of me what they were.

I will have to go back into my build logs to see what they were. :| 

All I remember is the better of two cards burned out my AOpen Mobo and I had to replace the Mobo with a workstation model to supply the proper voltage.

AOpen was a pretty good board maker back then .... memories ...

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Some of the two fastest that I have ever used at the moment are NVIDIA Quadro 2 Pro and ATI Radeon 9550.

Top (NVIDIA TNT RIVA)

Middle (NVIDIA Quadro 2 Pro)

Bottom (DIAMOND Stealth S120AGP128 CN ATI Radeon 9550 128MB 64 bit DDR AGP 4X/8X)

20151122_115648.jpg

Radeon HD 4650, which was one the last AGP cards produced, and was really PCIE built on a PCIE to AGP bridge.  Yeah, I was slow to stop depending on an AGP slot.

Asus K8N

Athlon 64 3000+

2 GB DDR2

EVGA Geforce 6600 AGP

It was the suck, and I ran it until 08/2015 through Win XP EOL and 1 1/2 years of Linux mint.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

57 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Radeon HD 4650, which was one the last AGP cards produced, and was really PCIE built on a PCIE to AGP bridge.  Yeah, I was slow to stop depending on an AGP slot.

4670_AGP_Box_1600.jpg

4 hours ago, KainiaKaria said:

Some of the two fastest that I have ever used at the moment are NVIDIA Quadro 2 Pro and ATI Radeon 9550.

Top (NVIDIA TNT RIVA)

Middle (NVIDIA Quadro 2 Pro)

Bottom (DIAMOND Stealth S120AGP128 CN ATI Radeon 9550 128MB 64 bit DDR AGP 4X/8X)

20151122_115648.jpg

I kinda miss those red pcb's.

A  Legend 6660GT 128mb. God awful card.  Was the first build i planned myself.  My timing was awful.  Rest of the system was a socket 754 athlon 64 with a Chaintech motherboard.  Neither Legend nor Chaintech exist anymore 

I remember getting a Riva tnt just so I could play aliens online on game storm in1998.

besides the Riva tnt I got a tnt2 the following year and had a few voodoo 3's btw all of these were bought at microcenter in Tuetin if I remember right. Might have been frys been almost 2 decades.

1 hour ago, Sunako said:

I remember getting a Riva tnt just so I could play aliens online on game storm in1998.

besides the Riva tnt I got a tnt2 the following year and had a few voodoo 3's btw all of these were bought at microcenter in Tuetin if I remember right. Might have been frys been almost 2 decades.

Aye frys.