GoldenEye: Source 5.0

Omon_Ra

Arguably one of the most influential first-person shooters has now been remade for the PC. GoldenEye: Source 5.0 is a Half Life 2 mod that faithfully recreates GoldenEye and all of it's multiplayer goodness. It is available for free and I've played a few games already. It's really fun and a lot easier to play than trying to pick up an N64 controller and go back to playing on that. I did that recently and holy shit is it difficult. The 'remaster' is really nice as far as graphics go, still has that simplistic, 64-bit quality, but better lighting and textures. I really like that there's no crosshair, which makes combat pretty entertaining. You can aim (shift key), but you move very slowly while the crosshair is up. There is a server download that is available, so a LTT server could be pretty fun.

Download here: https://www.geshl2.com/downloads/

3 minutes ago, Omon_Ra said:

Arguably one of the most influential first-person shooters has now been remade for the PC. GoldenEye: Source 5.0 is a Half Life 2 mod that faithfully recreates GoldenEye and all of it's multiplayer goodness. It is available for free and I've played a few games already. It's really fun and a lot easier to play than trying to pick up an N64 controller and go back to playing on that. I did that recently and holy shit is it difficult. The 'remaster' is really nice as far as graphics go, still has that simplistic, 64-bit quality, but better lighting and textures. I really like that there's no crosshair, which makes combat pretty entertaining. You can aim (shift key), but you move very slowly while the crosshair is up. There is a server download that is available, so a LTT server could be pretty fun.

Download here: https://www.geshl2.com/downloads/

This looks awesome. I played it before this overhaul, it was fun. Id play again if i could get people to play.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

I couldn't respond immediately. I was too busy downloading and installing!

CPU: i7 4770K  |  Corsair H80i  |  ASUS Z87-Pro  |  8GB Corsair 1866Mhz  |  GPU: MSI Gaming X RX 480 8GB  |  Corsair HX  750

7 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

This looks awesome. I played it before this overhaul, it was fun. Id play again if i could get people to play.

There was a good amount of people in the servers that are up; but obviously more fun with people you know. I do miss the four people crammed around a 20 inch CRT intensity, but I've been looking for a less intense FPS to mess around in and I believe I've found it.

Just now, Funtron5000 said:

I couldn't respond immediately. I was too busy downloading and installing!

If you want to save yourself some time, download/install the Source SDK from Steam while the GoldenEye installation downloads.

Just now, Omon_Ra said:

There was a good amount of people in the servers that are up; but obviously more fun with people you know. I do miss the four people crammed around a 20 inch CRT intensity, but I've been looking for a less intense FPS to mess around in and I believe I've found it.

If you want to save yourself some time, download/install the Source SDK from Steam while the GoldenEye installation downloads.

Yep. Already did! :D

CPU: i7 4770K  |  Corsair H80i  |  ASUS Z87-Pro  |  8GB Corsair 1866Mhz  |  GPU: MSI Gaming X RX 480 8GB  |  Corsair HX  750

I'm down to play

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q

If anyone here is going to play, message me whatever is required for us to join the same game. Going to assume steam id?

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

1 hour ago, Scruffy90 said:

If anyone here is going to play, message me whatever is required for us to join the same game. Going to assume steam id?

I believe so. As long as we all play on the same server, it should work fine even without Steam ID's. I'm working until later this evening, but if anyone is down to play around 7/8pm EST and later, let's do it!

Looks great!!! I love me some GE. 

4 hours ago, Omon_Ra said:

I believe so. As long as we all play on the same server, it should work fine even without Steam ID's. I'm working until later this evening, but if anyone is down to play around 7/8pm EST and later, let's do it!

Shoot me a message. I may be home by then.

It's fun until spawn killed over and over again, also good luck when grenades they barely ever work becuase  movement speed too fast.

I won by aiming at the head and by camping, is only way win.

Also radar show everyone on map so there is no skill.

2 hours ago, FPS-Russia said:

It's fun until spawn killed over and over again, also good luck when grenades they barely ever work becuase  movement speed too fast.

I won by aiming at the head and by camping, is only way win.

Also radar show everyone on map so there is no skill.

I haven't had issues with spawn killing. I never used grenades, but the grenade launcher is pretty money. And I never thought this would be the next competitive shooter... Just something fun to play. I like that it's a fair bit of luck with your kills. Team games seem to have a bit better flow and dynamics rather than the typical free-for-all.

Just now, Omon_Ra said:

I haven't had issues with spawn killing. I never used grenades, but the grenade launcher is pretty money. And I never thought this would be the next competitive shooter... Just something fun to play. I like that it's a fair bit of luck with your kills. Team games seem to have a bit better flow and dynamics rather than the typical free-for-all.

It is good fun i think i play wrong game mode fo rme, if i kill person i get new gun and it goes to grenades then knife, then i kill with knife and win game.

9 hours ago, FPS-Russia said:

It is good fun i think i play wrong game mode fo rme, if i kill person i get new gun and it goes to grenades then knife, then i kill with knife and win game.

I got into one of those games too... it was weird. Kind of reminded me of that COD gun game, but totally random weapons. The regular games (check the game type when you're selecting your server) are a better IMO.