How often is your rig folding?

Just curious, I'm folding 24/7

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.3 ghz | Corsair H60 (Push/Pull)|  8GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1.6 ghz | Sapphire HD 7870 Oc'd | Biostar TA970 MOBO OCZ 750w  PSU | 2TB HDD + 120gb Kingston V300 SSD| Coolermaster CM Storm Enforcer Case | SoundBlaster Audigy SE  Windows 7                                                                                      "I am a leaf on the wind, watch me..."   "You know nothing Jon Snauhh" "Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."

/Steam Profile/Folding@home stats/TekSyndicate Fourms/  \m/  RIP David Gold (1980-2011) \m/ RIP Peter Steele (1962-2010) \m/ RIP Chuck Schuldiner (1967-2001) \m/ RIP Dio (1942-2010) \m/ RIP Cliff Burton (1962-1986) \m/ RIP Dime (1966-2004)

I turn off SLI when I'm playing a game where it isn't needed and I fold with my spare 660 Ti.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I turn off SLI when I'm playing a game where it isn't needed and I fold with my spare 660 Ti.

I've got a dedicated rig for folding. Otherwise, I don't SLI/Crossfire on my gaming rig. :(

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.3 ghz | Corsair H60 (Push/Pull)|  8GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1.6 ghz | Sapphire HD 7870 Oc'd | Biostar TA970 MOBO OCZ 750w  PSU | 2TB HDD + 120gb Kingston V300 SSD| Coolermaster CM Storm Enforcer Case | SoundBlaster Audigy SE  Windows 7                                                                                      "I am a leaf on the wind, watch me..."   "You know nothing Jon Snauhh" "Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."

/Steam Profile/Folding@home stats/TekSyndicate Fourms/  \m/  RIP David Gold (1980-2011) \m/ RIP Peter Steele (1962-2010) \m/ RIP Chuck Schuldiner (1967-2001) \m/ RIP Dio (1942-2010) \m/ RIP Cliff Burton (1962-1986) \m/ RIP Dime (1966-2004)

I've got a dedicated rig for folding. Otherwise, I don't SLI/Crossfire on my gaming rig. :(

I occasionally 24hr fold with my laptop but it's louder than my desktop so it gets annoying after a few days, I don't have a dedicated folder yet.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

At least one component is folding in my rig at all times like right now i am playing a game so my gtx 650 is folding while my 770 and 3570k are not

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog

when you say spare to me that basically sounds like "i have plenty lying around lets use this one"

but 3-6 hours when i am at school on my 8800gt 

main rig: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/GFvH7P

next upgrades. h440 . 8320.  possible liquid cooling AIO

when you say spare to me that basically sounds like "i have plenty lying around lets use this one"

but 3-6 hours when i am at school on my 8800gt 

That's kinda what it's like when I'm playing something like Supreme Commander which is very very CPU bound. It's not being used so it just sits there sucking electricity.

24/7 since I spend most of my time studying...

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

All night long :)

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

No internet while I'm gone... don't ask me how that works, but anytime I'm at home, it works... so ~12-18

Come fold while not gaming! http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/37-foldinghome-boinc-and-coin-mining/

Gaming Rig: i7-9700k 5GHz all core, GTX 1070, 16GB TridentZ, Buncha ssds...

Stream Machine: R7 1700, GTX 660 (lol), 16GB Corsair Somethingoranother, 120 GB SSD i've had since 2012. 

Mobile Workstation: MSI-ALPHA :R7 3750H, RX 5500M, 16GB of some ram, 500GB SSD.

Mining, 24/7.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

No internet while I'm gone... don't ask me how that works, but anytime I'm at home, it works... so ~12-18

"The Force is strong in that one"

You actually only need internet to upload and download the WU's - 99% of the time, all the work is on the local PC and don't need any internet access.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Mining, 24/7.

Come, join the Fold! 

:D

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

well i have been folding 24/7, but ive had to slowdown on that, the days are getting to hot where i live, and even with my aio cooler, its just to hot in the days to fold on my cpu, for example, today it was 38 in my town. I think if i got some better fans like some nf-f12's or sp120's it might cope a little better but it would probably still be to hot :(

And then you realize your shoes are filled with peanut butter, what then?! >:L

"The Force is strong in that one"

You actually only need internet to upload and download the WU's - 99% of the time, all the work is on the local PC and don't need any internet access.

Always works out that my WU finishes during the day and submits when I get home... Bah... Would get 2 or 3 more WU's done if it worked.

Come fold while not gaming! http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/37-foldinghome-boinc-and-coin-mining/

Gaming Rig: i7-9700k 5GHz all core, GTX 1070, 16GB TridentZ, Buncha ssds...

Stream Machine: R7 1700, GTX 660 (lol), 16GB Corsair Somethingoranother, 120 GB SSD i've had since 2012. 

Mobile Workstation: MSI-ALPHA :R7 3750H, RX 5500M, 16GB of some ram, 500GB SSD.

well i have been folding 24/7, but ive had to slowdown on that, the days are getting to hot where i live, and even with my aio cooler, its just to hot in the days to fold on my cpu, for example, today it was 38 in my town. I think if i got some better fans like some nf-f12's or sp120's it might cope a little better but it would probably still be to hot :(

I think nf-f12 would just be less noisy. when the guys made the comparison it turned out the nf-f12 had the same cooling capabilities as the stock h100i fans, but with like 1000+ less rpm since the Max speed of those fans is 1500

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." Edgar Allan Poe

@natkoui

I think nf-f12 would just be less noisy. when the guys made the comparison it turned out the nf-f12 had the same cooling capabilities as the stock h100i fans, but with like 1000+ less rpm since the Max speed of those fans is 1500

Well that wouldn't be so bad, the stock fans on the Antec Kuhler h2o 920 or so freaking loud when they ramp all the way up. for example, my pc is about 15ft away from the closest window, when the fans are at 100% you can here them outside, with the window closed, from my mailbox... witch is about another 10-15ft away, granted you can only just here it if your listening for it, but its there. :(

And then you realize your shoes are filled with peanut butter, what then?! >:L

I fold for 24 hours a day. I often forget to turn it off when I'm playing games, so like 5 minutes into the game my comp freezes :/

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."

Well that wouldn't be so bad, the stock fans on the Antec Kuhler h2o 920 or so freaking loud when they ramp all the way up. for example, my pc is about 15ft away from the closest window, when the fans are at 100% you can here them outside, with the window closed, from my mailbox... witch is about another 10-15ft away, granted you can only just here it if your listening for it, but its there. :(

Better yet, get NF-P12's - those are designed for pressure - I replaced my Antec Khuler fans with those - made it almost silent and cooler...

I fold for 24 hours a day. I often forget to turn it off when I'm playing games, so like 5 minutes into the game my comp freezes :/

I have done that before too.. Load up Call Of Duty and don't notice the lag until I'm out of the menu.. then I'm stuck playing it at 15-20FPS... can't quit now... lol

I fold almost 24 Hours a day unless I am gaming. Still working towards my badge :P

How many points does it take to get a badge?

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."

How many points does it take to get a badge?

I think you just have to be an active folder.

\