how was your high school experience?

DominicNikon

i start my first year of high school in a week and im getting scared. how was your experience in high school? im doing computer programing and video editing basics because they wouldn't let me go to advance even tho im used to premiere pro lol.

also would you suggest a heavy duty back pack or a fashion back pack? this heavy duty back has steal in it and a ton bigger then a under armour back pack its just fashion i guess

In the UK, High School is from age 11-16 and I look back fondly on my experiences.

As for your bag, I'd go for what looks best. What's the point in having a giant thing that's bigger than your back? Just get something that'll satisfy your needs and looks good.

1 minute ago, AlexTheRose said:

If you’re going to a rich high school, expect good things. No fights (and if they do happen shit gets shut down quick), good commodities, better electives to choose from, respectable school lunches, and faculty that give half a shit.

If you’re going to a poor school, say goodbye to all of that. It’s basically daytime prison with jeggings and tank tops instead of jumpsuits.

my high school got a award saying its one of the best high schools from US news

1 minute ago, AlexTheRose said:

But what is their budget? Is it a private high school, or public? If it’s public, chances are you can look up their finance publishings online. That’s what I did.

its public i dont know how to find there budget

11 minutes ago, Mug said:

In the UK, High School is from age 11-16 and I look back fondly on my experiences.

As for your bag, I'd go for what looks best. What's the point in having a giant thing that's bigger than your back? Just get something that'll satisfy your needs and looks good.

Left or right? The left is bigger and stronger and the right I had for 4 years and I broke a few zippers off of it

20160805_224252.jpg

2 minutes ago, AlexTheRose said:

Okay, so I’ve done a little bit more research on the subject… and it seems more reasonable to look at it at spending per student.

What’s strange is that my rich high school spends about $8K per student, which is not only lower than the national average, but also lower than what this school spends, Needham B. Broughton HS (never went there myself, but I have been to multiple schools within the district).

There has to be federal spending that is not getting accounted for in this number. I remember the quality of education, and how different it was.

Left. It has reflective stripes, and looks nicer.

do i need to look at my schools spending?

would people make fun of me for not having a big name like under armour?

7 minutes ago, AlexTheRose said:

Protip: Don’t give a shit about what other people think or do. All they’re doing is exploiting your insecurities for their entertainment and fun.

You’ll be that much cooler and that much happier by not giving too much of a shit about people trying to hurt you.

Is it ok to be scared to start high school?

Well I was pretty unhinged back in high school: I got in a band, I used to skip class to go play and I routinely went to get drunk and went back to school the next day super hangover or even still drunk. Except for my terrible luck at a sex life it was a pretty fun time.

Yet I somehow aced all of my studies school was never a challenge and kind of boring.

-------

Current Rig

-------

27 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

my high school got a award saying its one of the best high schools from US news

Hopefully it wasn't Fox News who gave it that award...

19 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

Left or right? The left is bigger and stronger and the right I had for 4 years and I broke a few zippers off of it

20160805_224252.jpg

Left. LEFT. LEFT LEFT LEFT. LEFT times a bajillion time over.

I still have my High-Sierra Costco backpack from Grade 7 that I used through my entire high school years.

It refuses to die, despite having been cut, beaten, dropped, and dragged everywhere. So go left.

And don't let anyone heckle you over it. A brand name is just a brand name. No one's paying you to advertise for UA.

1 minute ago, DominicNikon said:

Is it ok to be scared to start high school?

Absolutely. It's OK to feel however you want to feel. Moving to a new city is scary, but you learn to make friends and align with others' common interests.

Remember that you're not the only one who's going to an establishment with hundreds of other students you've never met.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

my high school experience was shoddy. i got accepted into a special program but it was really nothing special. just sweat and (lots of) tears for no real reason. but still, i pulled through as the rest of my class did. and there were some fun (and awkward) moments.

anyway, just be yourself and join some clubs. you'll be okay 

5 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Hopefully it wasn't Fox News who gave it that award...

Left. LEFT. LEFT LEFT LEFT. LEFT times a bajillion time over.

I still have my High-Sierra Costco backpack from Grade 7 that I used through my entire high school years.

It refuses to die, despite having been cut, beaten, dropped, and dragged everywhere. So go left.

And don't let anyone heckle you over it. A brand name is just a brand name. No one's paying you to advertise for UA.

Absolutely. It's OK to feel however you want to feel. Moving to a new city is scary, but you learn to make friends and align with others' common interests.

Remember that you're not the only one who's going to an establishment with hundreds of other students you've never met.

What's wrong with Fox news? Is the left a Costco only item I bough it there too. Do you still own yours? It sounds like a strong bag

I graduated high school a while back. It was pretty easy.  Some one on the thread already gave you the best advice -- don't get caught up in what others think. Stop worrying about what looks good. High school isn't a fashion show. It's four years of proving yourself to the college you want to go to.  Show up to class.  Pay attention to the teachers. Do you class work and home work. 

Have fun and make friends with people just like you. The rest will take care of itself. 

41 minutes ago, AlexTheRose said:

If you’re going to a rich high school, expect good things. No fights (and if they do happen shit gets shut down quick), good commodities, better electives to choose from, respectable school lunches, and faculty that give half a shit.

If you’re going to a poor school, say goodbye to all of that. It’s basically daytime prison with jeggings and tank tops instead of jumpsuits.

At least that was my experience. I went to a high school that had an annual budget of $6 million dollars – three times that of my local town, all because the US likes it’s military budget. Transferred custody over to my mom, moved outta that town… and things immediately got shittier. Moved to the east coast later, and things got even worse. I quit early and moved on with my life.

I wouldn't consider my High School that rich, but as far as I'm aware fights aren't really a thing.

The school lunches are the same as they were in middle school so not too bad. And electives are good, and the faculty are pretty friendly. 

Though my school district is a pretty large district.

Anyways @DominicNikon so far my High School experience has been pretty okay. Not horrid but not like the worst years of my life. I'll be starting junior year come September so I've got a couple years left but so far I'd say it's been generally okay. I'm looking forward to seeing what classes I get for this school year.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

9 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

What's wrong with Fox news? Is the left a Costco only item I bough it there too. Do you still own yours? It sounds like a strong bag

Um... what's wrong with Fox News... where do I begin? Use Google to research how many of their news articles are twisted beyond belief.

And yes, I still have the High-Sierra backpack up in a closet.

My mom would like to get rid of it, but I will not allow it unless it becomes physically damaged, which will probably require a nuke.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

High school is all about finding the right group to hang out with, there will definetly be at least a few pc gamers in your grade, so definetly hang out with them. It's really not that bad, just remember who you are and always be cynical of others. I'm being serious, it's the easiest way to stay away form drugs and crap. 

3 minutes ago, wcreek said:

I wouldn't consider my High School that rich, but as far as I'm aware fights aren't really a thing.

The school lunches are the same as they were in middle school so not too bad. And electives are good, and the faculty are pretty friendly. 

Though my school district is a pretty large district.

Anyways @DominicNikon so far my High School experience has been pretty okay. Not horrid but not like the worst years of my life. I'll be starting junior year come September so I've got a couple years left but so far I'd say it's been generally okay. I'm looking forward to seeing what classes I get for this school year.

wow, my high school lunches were some of the worst i've seen. still, i bothered to eat some of it because i was too lazy to make or buy my own. plus, there's fights and various shenanigans all the time. though that didn't seem to hold back the more academic side of the school, which was enough to top a lot of other schools in the district.  

in terms of faculty, a few were the worst teachers. and those exact ones i don't even know how they still have the job.

3 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

wow, my high school lunches were some of the worst i've seen. still, i bothered to eat some of it because i was too lazy to make or buy my own. plus, there's fights and various shenanigans all the time. though that didn't seem to hold back the more academic side of the school, which was enough to top a lot of other schools in the district.  

in terms of faculty, a few were the worst teachers. and those exact ones i don't even know how they still have the job.

my middle school lunches were so bad that i couldn't eat them 

what age range is high school in US?

We've now got three different subjects going on, an Asian fox and motorbike fetish, two guys talking about Norway invasions and then some other people talking about body building... This thread is turning into a free for all fetish infested Norwegian circle jerk.

11 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Um... what's wrong with Fox News... where do I begin? Use Google to research how many of their news articles are twisted beyond belief.

And yes, I still have the High-Sierra backpack up in a closet.

My mom would like to get rid of it, but I will not allow it unless it becomes physically damaged, which will probably require a nuke.

yeah a award was given by fox 8. could i see yours after like 6 years of use and is it a costco only item?

Just now, Stadin6 said:

mine is 9th-12th grade if that helps

1 minute ago, DominicNikon said:

this may be a better question; how old are you?

We've now got three different subjects going on, an Asian fox and motorbike fetish, two guys talking about Norway invasions and then some other people talking about body building... This thread is turning into a free for all fetish infested Norwegian circle jerk.

4 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

yeah a award was given by fox 8. could i see yours after like 6 years of use and is it a costco only item?

Mine is stored away in a closet as I said, so it's not easily accessible. It is indeed a Costco only item, but mine was a light blue color with black accents.

The only issue I had with it was getting the zippers caught on the fabric zipper flaps, which will happen with any backpack with big zippers eventually.

Resolved that issue with a pair of scissors cutting notches into the fabric flaps and pulling really hard on the zippers. Now I know to be careful of the flaps.

It has a few stains on it from pen ink, but easily holds 30lbs of school crap, including long posters rolled up, and heavy oversized binders.

The only thing I wish it had was better shoulder strap padding, but I wasn't prepared to spend a ton of money on an outdoors backpack for school.

To be clear, I would still be using the bag to this day if I didn't prefer super manly shoulder messenger bags.

I have since switched over to a Tenba Medium Messenger Bag because of how and what I carry around.

2 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

im 15 and i am starting my first year in what i think is the Norwegian equivalent to high school.

Don`t be scared  

39 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

Maybe midwestern schools or maybe specifically suburban schools and school districts tend to be a little better. Hard to say.

35 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

my middle school lunches were so bad that i couldn't eat them 

My middle school lunches weren't that bad. Actually my district is working on making its stuff better.

33 minutes ago, Stadin6 said:

It's usually 14 to 18.

14 to 15 - Grade 9/Freshman

15 to 16 - Grade 10/Sophomore

16 to 17 - Grade 11/Junior

17 to 18 - Grade 12/Senior

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization