Stinky Footboard - where to buy

LinusTech

In the future can you please make the text in the thumbnail more relevant to the product? "One step closer to USB butt plugs" Really? Personally I find that I am much more likely to watch a video that has text on it that actually relates to the product for example "Radeon R9 270X Review and Unboxing", but I am less likely to watch one of your videos when the text in the thumbnail is just plain stupid.

I was a very loyal fan and still am today, but I noticed I watch less of your videos now.

I don't want to sound like a party pooper, but I fell you make all that effort to get the production quality of your videos to the level it is on right now and then ruin it with those unprofessional silly text.

Please either stop putting text on the thumbnail or make it more relevant to the product.

Thank you very much for reading until the end and enduring my poor english skills.

This, plus a Leap Motion... Would be awesome!

Although, unlike the Leap, I might actually buy this...

"Townes van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." - Steve Earle

I've been using a foot pedal on my computer for most of the summer

the main catalyst for making me want one was when I was playing borderlands 2 with friends. I am one of those weird guys that much rather prefers an xbox controller over mouse and keyboard when playing steam games. but using the controller on a couch with an xbox controller made it difficult to find a way to activate the push to talk on teamspeak. the foot pedal solved this issue

with steam pushing a controller for use with their catalog of games a stinky pedal will become needed more.

I want one but the only thing I could see it useful for personally would be push to talk and if im going to use it for that I would rather just have one button. I dont know anyone care to give me ideas?

O and I would personally stop with the butt plug thing as it may have adverse effects on your number of viewers or how they see you. I know you were joking around but there are probably people who dont really want to hear it. A example of sort of what might happen would be https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60821-is-linus-homophobic/ . I also do remember Slick's immediate response when you brought this up in the live stream and it was quite close to my own.

I want one but the only thing I could see it useful for personally would be push to talk and if im going to use it for that I would rather just have one button. I dont know anyone care to give me ideas?

I would use it for flying a Helicopter in BF4 (or [insert game that has vehicle combat]). You'd be surprised how well something like this translates to that. As well as for the following things:

WASD (or whatever your movement keys are) in any game that makes use of them.

Toggle keys.

Like, if I press E, then it does one function, but if I hold left on the Stinky board, and hit E, it does a different function. Thus multiplying how many things I can do with a single key. As there are 4 directions on the Stinky board, I can use E to do 4 different things. 

This would severely compact the number of keys needed to do a lot of functions in games like ARMA 2 or the like, which have TONS of functions. This can also have a lot of meaningful use for RTS/MMO games with lots of functions.

You get the idea. It isn't very useful for RPG's that don't have tons of abilities, or Racing/Fighting games. Or anything similar. Just good for games that have lots of functions.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Cool-USB-Foot-Switch-Foot-Control-Keyboard-Fast-Pedal-For-Gaming-Work-Black-/290941438527?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43bd760a3f

this is the foot pedal that I've been using. be warned it is cheap and it is built cheap and feels cheap. I've been eagerly waiting for it to break so I can take it apart and mod it but so far its been rugged enough.

but if you want more ideas for extra buttons or uses. outside of games I have remapped it to copy or paste you can use volume mute or w/e you don't have to use it for games. if you use photoshop or other programs there are thousands of things you might want mapped to a foot pedal

In the future can you please make the text in the thumbnail more relevant to the product? "One step closer to USB butt plugs" Really? Personally I find that I am much more likely to watch a video that has text on it that actually relates to the product for example "Radeon R9 270X Review and Unboxing", but I am less likely to watch one of your videos when the text in the thumbnail is just plain stupid.

I was a very loyal fan and still am today, but I noticed I watch less of your videos now.

I don't want to sound like a party pooper, but I fell you make all that effort to get the production quality of your videos to the level it is on right now and then ruin it with those unprofessional silly text.

Please either stop putting text on the thumbnail or make it more relevant to the product.

Thank you very much for reading until the end and enduring my poor english skills.

Thumbnails are something that I do for fun. Since we've started doing them, viewership per video *has* increased. I figured they wouldn't have much of an impact on longtime viewers that are used to reading the video description anyway, and they might help draw the attention of new viewers.

Either way, your feedback is duly noted.

An actual review for those considering purchasing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dNLFLkzYJk8

(How do you embed videos in a post? I tried pasting the link and it just had a large amount of white space)

You paste the URL into the post box, then highlight it and click "unlink" in the options at the top of the post box. 

If it doesn't appear, it is a Chrome/Firefox issue. For Chrome, click the shield in your URL bar and click "Load unsafe scripts". It will load the videos then. The reason they don't load is because this website is locked in at HTTPS but Youtube is not, so it doesn't load the Youtube videos by default. 

It isn't harmful unless you do it on a website you don't trust. I trust LTT forums personally.

Google for a way to fix it with Firefox. There are guides on this forum for it, so you should at least find something.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I think its priced pretty reasonably at launch because its new(ish), innovative, and it has more material than a keyboard or mouse, plus the design and high quality parts wouldn't have been cheap either. Its great for people with a disability and its great for gamers who want to feel more immersed, what i mean is using your feet creates a sense of walking (though not entirely).

The only thing i would say is that how well it will be integrated/optimised by game developers is probably going top be minimal but if it replicates w.a.s.d then i kinda wouldn't mind having a go!

Intel I7 2600k @ 4.5ghz, Asetek 510 LC Xtremegear liquid cooling system, PALIT GTX 780 Super Jetstream OC, 8Gb Kingston Hyper X blu series 1600mhz, 64Gb Crucial M4 series SATA III Gaming MLC SSD, 1TB Western Digital HDD 6.0gb/s,  Asus P8z68-v Pro Motherboard, Corsair Vengance K90 Keyboard,950Watt Cyberpower PSU, Cyborg RAT 5 ,  Coolermaster CM 690II case, Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 1920 x 1200

Oh yeah you mentioned in the video price per key, or something thereof. But a usual key on a keyboard is a little different (though not entirely) than the ones on this. I wouldn't really say price per key is that important unless you like MMO : )

Intel I7 2600k @ 4.5ghz, Asetek 510 LC Xtremegear liquid cooling system, PALIT GTX 780 Super Jetstream OC, 8Gb Kingston Hyper X blu series 1600mhz, 64Gb Crucial M4 series SATA III Gaming MLC SSD, 1TB Western Digital HDD 6.0gb/s,  Asus P8z68-v Pro Motherboard, Corsair Vengance K90 Keyboard,950Watt Cyberpower PSU, Cyborg RAT 5 ,  Coolermaster CM 690II case, Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 1920 x 1200

Oh yeah you mentioned in the video price per key, or something thereof. But a usual key on a keyboard is a little different (though not entirely) than the ones on this. I wouldn't really say price per key is that important unless you like MMO : )

I think the idea of "price per key" is thrown out the window when you consider functions. Like I mentioned in my post above. 

If I hold left on the stinky board, and press E and it does something completely different than if I press E by itself, that is 1 key. So technically buying 1 key is buying as many other keys you have. Because when you combine them, you have a new key for all the other ones. 

Example:

I have a keyboard that has 112 keys (random guess as to how many keys a full size keyboard normally has).

I buy the Stinky Board. 

I now have 448 keys, because I have a new key for every direction/key the board has. Technically, I have a lot more than that. But practically, that's how many I would be able to use. Because pressing 3 keys at once for a function starts to get difficult to remember/execute. 

† Christian Member †

I think the idea of "price per key" is thrown out the window when you consider functions. Like I mentioned in my post above. 

If I hold left on the stinky board, and press E and it does something completely different than if I press E by itself, that is 1 key. So technically buying 1 key is buying as many other keys you have. Because when you combine them, you have a new key for all the other ones. 

Example:

I have a keyboard that has 112 keys (random guess as to how many keys a full size keyboard normally has).

I buy the Stinky Board. 

I now have 448 keys, because I have a new key for every direction/key the board has. Technically, I have a lot more than that. But practically, that's how many I would be able to use. Because pressing 3 keys at once for a function starts to get difficult to remember/execute.

Great point!

Great point!

What makes it very valid for this is that doing such a thing with a mouse or keyboard means you have 1 less finger to press other buttons. Or it can distract/make it difficult to press a certain key, thus having a severe disadvantage.

However, your feet usually do nothing. So this is perfect for that idea.

† Christian Member †

I really want one of these D: but that cost D: NOOO !

Glad it's world wide though :D

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Thumbnails are something that I do for fun. Since we've started doing them, viewership per video *has* increased. I figured they wouldn't have much of an impact on longtime viewers that are used to reading the video description anyway, and they might help draw the attention of new viewers.

Either way, your feedback is duly noted.

Are you sure viewership has increased because of the text solely though? Or perhaps you should be expecting an increase in average viewership per video to as your own channel's popularity increases as well. We don't have access to your analytics so I can only speculate. And honestly I don't even know if it would be able to show something like that.

It would be interesting if you uploaded a video without the text now and evaluate how it fares to others in terms of the product. But obviously adjust for expectations on how the product would fare to begin with (i.e. a review of the upcoming 290X is going to do better than a review of a Thermaltake headset regardless of text).

Great video and product. I hate having to use my keyboard or mouse for press to talk in games it normally slows me down even if a little bit it does in games. 

• 4 years later...

Does this product no longer exist? i cant buy this anywhere

RIG:

| CPU: Intel 7-6900K | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 SEAHAWK EK X | MB: Asus Rampage V Edition 10 | Cooler: WB Custom Loop | RAM: 32GB Corsair Dom 3000mhz  | SSD: 2X Corsair GT 480GB RAID 0

| HDD: 2X Western Digital BLACK 3TB RAID 1 | Case: Corsair 900D | PSU:  Corsair HX1050 | Display: PG348Q Dell 3008WFP X2

On 12/20/2017 at 7:28 PM, nycallusion said:

Does this product no longer exist? i cant buy this anywhere

seems its dead. look for them used.

• 1 month later...

Anyone know where to get one, or any similar products? I NEED this :D