Asus ROG Swift qc?

Rosa

Does Asus still have major qc control problems? Im interested in buying one but very skeptical due to all its negative reviews. According to Asus customer loyalty on July 18th on newegg, "Every NEW PG279Q sold in North America must now pass a visual inspection in a darkened environment before it’s shipped to a vendor. This will help with the back light bleed issues." But it doesnt seem very convincing considering that was said on a negative review of the monitor...

Just now, Rosa said:

Does Asus still have major qc control problems? Im interested in buying one but very skeptical due to all its negative reviews. According to Asus customer loyalty on July 18th on newegg, "Every NEW PG279Q sold in North America must now pass a visual inspection in a darkened environment before it’s shipped to a vendor. This will help with the back light bleed issues." But it doesnt seem very convincing considering that was said on a negative review of the monitor...

Asus is know for having exceptionally high QC.

I have bnought over 10 mobo's, all worked fine. Bought 2 routers and a laptop, no problems.

It is just a design issue with that one product.

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

1 hour ago, UberGamerKing said:

Asus is know for having exceptionally high QC.

I have bnought over 10 mobo's, all worked fine. Bought 2 routers and a laptop, no problems.

It is just a design issue with that one product.

Their QC on monitors sucks tbh. I love their mobo's and gpu's but when I got my hands on 2 swifts, ready to upgrade my gpu along with it... I simply couldn't be bothered anymore. 2 of those premium monitors in my hands, both with issues. It even turned me off of upgrading my setup altogether and just decided to wait.

To OP, this was early 2016 though, so I can only hope for you that this has changed since then.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

It's not really Asus' fault. It's the panel maker, AU Optronics. The panel itself is shit and not really ready for the market. But to answer your question, yes. They do have major QC issues. I just experienced that myself a few weeks ago. 

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

1 hour ago, maxvons said:

It's not really Asus' fault. It's the panel maker, AU Optronics. The panel itself is shit and not really ready for the market. But to answer your question, yes. They do have major QC issues. I just experienced that myself a few weeks ago. 

any monitor recommendations that arent complete shit?

All G-Sync, 144Hz, 1440p use the same panel. So far i have tried 2x Asus PG279Q, 1x Acer XB271HU, 1x DELL S2716DG and here is the result:

My first Asus swift had massive backlight bleed, one dead pixel top to the right, IPS glow, and dust inside the panel.

http://imgur.com/a/DMmkz

Second swift had 30% less backlight bleed than the first one, 0 dead pixels, IPS glow and dust inside the panel.

http://imgur.com/a/OMpV1

Moving to the Acer XB271HU very minimal backlight bleed, one dead pixel to down to the left and a black line, IPS glow and dust just like the asus.

http://imgur.com/a/SukCF

And finally the Dell, noticeable backlight bleed because the bleed was blue instead of white, no glow because it's a TN panel, horrible colors until you customize it form the Nvidia controll panel, no dead pixel, dust inside the panel, G-Sync was working weird in league of legends loading screen the brightness felt like going down and up, and finally the most annoying thing i had to deal with this monitor is ''pixel inversion'' it was noticeable as fuck especially if you turn fast respons time on.

http://imgur.com/a/fxW75

I will go and give the Asus PG279Q a 3rd try if not a 4th, i had the best gaming experience with this monitor. Sadly the backlight bleed and ips glow was way beyond compare to other monitors. My 3rd monitor should be here by monday, i will keep you updated.

Edit!!
Just got my 3rd Swift and holy shit this is the worst one so far, i wish i kept my mouth shut and didn't RMA my Swift #2.

This one that i got has 6-7 dead pixels to top that off the backlight bleed was yellow and noticeable as fuck.
http://imgur.com/a/1gCVz

21 hours ago, Rosa said:

any monitor recommendations that arent complete shit?

I really don't know anymore. Tried about 10 different monitors recently, all more or less shit. LG 34UC88C perhaps. Got one coming for myself on Monday. Gonna update here

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II