Visual STudio and C programming

Tamesh16

I am using Lynda.com to start learning C programming, i Have code blocks to use, but i would really prefer to use Visual Studio code But i have no idea how to set it up to do as such , can any one assist ?

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

Just install VS with C++ packages. From there create a C++ project.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

8 hours ago, trag1c said:

Just install VS with C++ packages. From there create a C++ project.

This assumes they're running Windows, of course.

Also note that C and C++ are not the same language. (And no, C is not just a subset of C++). Visual C++ is not very good at strict C. If you want to learn ISO C99 i'd suggest another compiler.

6 hours ago, Unimportant said:

Also note that C and C++ are not the same language. (And no, C is not just a subset of C++). Visual C++ is not very good at strict C. If you want to learn ISO C99 i'd suggest another compiler.

+1 for this comment. I really start to cringe when people say "C/C++", because they are just entirely different languages. Yes, C++ is upwards compatible with C (with small syntactic changes, perhaps), but they can and should be used in very different ways.

Use CodeBlocks. It's a simple and good IDE.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case.