Help a noob out.

1. Budget & Location
USA. Florida.

2. Aim
Heavy gaming and multitasking videos/college work/ other stuff.

3. Monitors
Laptop screen, don't even know if it is 1080p

4. Peripherals
I have none.

5. Why are you upgrading?
Because is a laptop that gets 18 fps on dota 2 medium settings.

Extra notes:

I am a noob. I threw some parts together: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/3TDvWX<----- This is the prime example why I can't have money, I should not spend over $1500 as it is money I could use somewhere else.

I would like to run these games at constant 60+ fps: Dota 2, Smite, Overwatch, BF1, Bf4, Star Citizen, No man's sky, Elite Dangerous, Fallout 4, and others of equal or lower quality. I would like to play these games at 1080p or 1440p if possible. Thanks in advance, you will be changing my life.

Edit: You guys are not understanding the point, I want to keep the build below $1500 but the build I concocted on pcpartpicker is $2k+.

Edit #2: Here's what I finished with:  http://pcpartpicker.com/list/ks9zNN ,decided to go gtx 1070+1440p monitor instead of gtx 1060 +1080p monitor, figuered I could drop the extra $200 for a bit of future proofing, thanks to all of you!!!!!!.

$1500 is quite enough.

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($344.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($43.49 @ OutletPC) 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste  ($6.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($149.39 @ B&H) 
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($80.88 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($57.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($47.49 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB G1 Gaming Video Card  ($429.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Fractal Design Define S w/Window ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ NCIX US) 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($107.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($35.00) 
Wireless Network Adapter: Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter  ($29.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan  ($15.99 @ Newegg) 
Case Fan: Fractal Design GP14-WT 68.4 CFM  140mm Fan  ($13.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Monitor: Acer XB270HU bprz 27.0" 144Hz Monitor  ($689.99 @ Newegg) 
Keyboard: Logitech G610 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($100.94 @ Amazon) 
Mouse: Logitech G300S Wired Optical Mouse  ($19.99 @ Best Buy) 
Headphones: Superlux HD668B  Headphones  ($37.95 @ Amazon) 
Other: Mod Mic ($50.00)
Total: $2352.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-02 19:16 EDT-0400

Just add a little bit more cash and get a 750w G2,since the G2 is better than the NEX

I'm a educated fool with money on my mind.

They say i got to learn but nobody here to teach me,if they can't understand it how can they reach me

Power and the money,money and the power,minute after minute,hour after hour

My Motivation

2 minutes ago, PillowFortEngineer said:

1. Budget & Location
USA. Florida.

2. Aim
Heavy gaming and multitasking videos/college work/ other stuff.

3. Monitors
Laptop screen, don't even know if it is 1080p

4. Peripherals
I have none.

5. Why are you upgrading?
Because is a laptop that gets 18 fps on dota 2 medium settings.

Extra notes:

I am a noob. I threw some parts together: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/3TDvWX<----- This is the prime example why I can't have money, I should not spend over $1500 as it is money I could use somewhere else.

I would like to run these games at constant 60+ fps: Dota 2, Smite, Overwatch, BF1, Bf4, Star Citizen, No man's sky, Elite Dangerous, Fallout 4, and others of equal or lower quality. I would like to play these games at 1080p or 1440p if possible. Thanks in advance, you will be changing my life.

Everything is fine, just the PSU than needs changing. I'd replace it for a G2/GS/P2 series. 

Look at this thread:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

1 minute ago, PillowFortEngineer said:

The build in pcpartpicker is $2k+

i wasn't looking at the build. I was just saying that 1500 is quite enough for the performance he wants.

I think he wants us to take his current build and trim it down to $1500 or under.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, YedZed said:

i wasn't looking at the build. I was just saying that 1500 is quite enough for the performance he wants.

Im the OP btw. I thought you meant the build in the website sry.

Just now, Lurick said:

I think he wants us to take his current build and trim it down to $1500 or under.

Ya thats is what i meant.

remove thermal paste, remove fans, change the PSU to a EVGA SuperNova 650G2 and there you go :D 

*edit

you could also swap the I7 for the I5 6600K to save some more cash

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Im the OP btw. I thought you meant the build in the website sry.

What do you mean be OP? Honest question.

Just now, YedZed said:

Original Poster

They say i got to learn but nobody here to teach me,if they can't understand it how can they reach me

My Motivation

Just now, YedZed said:

Original poster, i think. You said "he" in your post while talking to me, its nothing tho just me being me i guess...

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

remove thermal paste, remove fans, change the PSU to a EVGA SuperNova 650G2 and there you go :D 

So he should use tooth paste?

My Motivation

1 minute ago, Dresta said:

Original Poster

ohhhhhhhhhh i see

Just now, Dresta said:

So he should use tooth paste?

coolers always(afaik) come with thermal paste, what comes with the cooler is good enough if you are not desperatly chasing every degree in which case you wouldent be using that cooler anyway

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Original poster, i think. You said "he" in your post while talking to me, its nothing tho just me being me i guess...

Look,if you wan't a $1500 build,you can't put a $650 monitor on the budget

My Motivation

Just now, Dresta said:

Look,if you wan't a $1500 build,you can't put a $650 monitor on the budget

Ya Ik, I was looking for help on want to change. like what this person did:

2 minutes ago, elbarto2003 said:

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/v6zcqk

I made some modifications.  You can change the stuff to your liking.

You could also check out some $1500 PC builds on YouTube that you like, such as Linus' video here.

thanks btw.

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

coolers always(afaik) come with thermal paste, what comes with the cooler is good enough if you are not desperatly chasing every degree in which case you wouldent be using that cooler anyway

Spending $6 for much better aftermarket thermal paste is a good idea

My Motivation

Just now, PillowFortEngineer said:

thanks btw.

You're welcome!

thanks btw.

That PSU sucks and is expensive af,the keyboard and mouse is no where near what you would want

My Motivation

Just now, Dresta said:

Spending $6 for much better aftermarket thermal paste is a good idea

not when trimming down a build to fit a budget, i wouldent buy aftermarked thermal paste anyway, if i was doing that i would be looking at getting someting better then an air cooler, atleast an AIO tbh

Builds:

Spoiler

Just now, Dresta said:

That PSU sucks and is expensive af,the keyboard and mouse is no where near what you would want

At least he tried to help me out instead of debating whether or not to buy thermal paste.