i3-6100 vs X4 860K

6 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

Probably when Vishera came out. The least they can do at this point is slap an R9 390X on a CPU and call it a new chip!

terrible idea. Even if you shrunk hawaii, the design itself is old. It has terrible tesselation performance, even worse rasterization performance and in general is poorly optimized for anything "low power".

Polaris/ellesmere is the only actual choice in terms of iGPU choices 

8 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

In regards to the 6600K and 6700K, you can overclock them through the multiplier on H chipset motherboards-you just lose some of the more advanced options+BCLK over clocking.

Yeah, but there are even odds that you melt the VRMs ;)

1 hour ago, Prysin said:

most of the time the i3 6100 is better. However in some cases, the 860k is better for multitasking.

Generally, it is a "tie".

The 6100 wins at pure performance, but the 860k is a hands down victor at price to performance. At nearly half the price and about 60-75% of the performance of the i3, it is by far a better performer based on cost. The fact that it is unlocked, allowing for overclocking on the cheap is just a HUGE bonus.

Skylake has a much much much better upgrade path though, so it makes little sense to invest into FM2+ at all unless you are extremely short on money.

Last time I checked, the 860K had crept up around $80-90. A 6100 is only $110. Unless something's changed, the p2p advantage is gone. 

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

20 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Yeah, but there are even odds that you melt the VRMs ;)

Last time I checked, the 860K had crept up around $80-90. A 6100 is only $110. Unless something's changed, the p2p advantage is gone. 

Nope. Not all H series boards have a low phase count.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

• 4 weeks later...