Trying to get a silent PC

happyleonardo14

Hello guys, I have a Zalman Z3 Plus and I'm trying to get my PC more silent with these upgrades

Replacing all the fans with these 4 pack by cooler master

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103052&ignorebbr=1

and also get a fan controller
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811992012&ignorebbr=1

What do you think?

1 minute ago, happyleonardo14 said:

Hello guys, I have a Zalman Z3 Plus and I'm trying to get my PC more silent with these upgrades

What do you think?

Nope, I own one of those Cooler Master sleeve bearing fans and they hate low voltage and make a weird noise when you put them under low voltage. They don't make a ton of noise but it's far more worth your time to get be Quiet! or Noctua fans which will last longer and be quieter.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

2 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Nope, I own one of those Cooler Master sleeve bearing fans and they hate low voltage and make a weird noise when you put them under low voltage. They don't make a ton of noise but it's far more worth your time to get be Quiet! or Noctua fans which will last longer and be quieter.

What do you think about these fans?

If i put these fans under low voltage with the fan controller I'm not going to get the same problem? 
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA68V21E0613&ignorebbr=1

Just now, happyleonardo14 said:

What do you think about these fans?

If i put these fans under low voltage with the fan controller I'm not going to get the same problem? 
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA68V21E0613&ignorebbr=1

The bequiet silent wings are a lot quieter, even without a fan controller.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

The bequiet silent wings are a lot quieter, even without a fan controller.

Yeah but the problem is that my motherboard only support two fans.

Just now, happyleonardo14 said:

There are these things called "fan splitters" which allow you to plug in multiple fans (2-3) into one header.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, happyleonardo14 said:

It's much better than the Cooler Master fans and should work well with a splitter or fan controller.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

11 minutes ago, Enderman said:

There are these things called "fan splitters" which allow you to plug in multiple fans (2-3) into one header.

8 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

It's much better than the Cooler Master fans and should work well with a splitter or fan controller.

Yeah but you know with the splitter I can only control 1 fan, and what about the other fan ?

3 minutes ago, happyleonardo14 said:

Yeah but you know with the splitter I can only control 1 fan, and what about the other fan ?

Both fans will be controlled together.

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Both fans will be controlled together.

are you sure? because with the splitter 1 conector have 4 pins and the other have only 3 pins.

5 minutes ago, happyleonardo14 said:

are you sure? because with the splitter 1 conector have 4 pins and the other have only 3 pins.

What splitter are you looking at?

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, happyleonardo14 said:

The fans come with a 4 pin fan header connector, not a 4 pin molex connector.

You can't attach them to a PSU without a molex to fan adapter.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

The fans come with a 4 pin fan header connector, not a 4 pin molex connector.

You can't attach them to a PSU without a molex to fan adapter.

so you think I will be okay if I connect two fans to the motherboard and the other two to the PSU with that fan header connector?

I don't need the splitter?

so you think I will be okay if I connect two fans to the motherboard and the other two to the PSU with that fan header connector?

I don't need the splitter?

If you have a molex to fan adapter, then sure.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

If you have a molex to fan adapter, then sure.

I let you a picture with the things that the be quiet fan come.

and if I need a splitter do you think this would be nice?
but I already told you one conector have 3 pins and the other have 4 pins.

A68V_130571287725228810t68Gljl5tX.jpg

12-987-008-TS.jpg

2 minutes ago, happyleonardo14 said:

I let you a picture with the things that the be quiet fan come.

and if I need a splitter do you think this would be nice?
but I already told you one conector have 3 pins and the other have 4 pins.

A68V_130571287725228810t68Gljl5tX.jpg

12-987-008-TS.jpg

1) the first image will let you plug the fans into the PSU, yes.

2) the second image is a splitter, yes

3) the reason it only has 3 pins is because you can only monitor the speed of one fan, not both. You can still control both fans.

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

1) the first image will let you plug the fans into the PSU, yes.

2) the second image is a splitter, yes

3) the reason it only has 3 pins is because you can only monitor the speed of one fan, not both. You can still control both fans.

Well that was the thing I told you before the be quiet fan come with a psu conector with voltage regulator (first picture) but you said that doesn't work without a molex.

and I don't know if it's better spend my money for a splitter or connect the last two fans to my psu.

Well that was the thing I told you before the be quiet fan come with a psu conector with voltage regulator (first picture) but you said that doesn't work without a molex.

and I don't know if it's better spend my money for a splitter or connect the last two fans to my psu.

Well they will still be quiet when connected to the PSU, but you can't change the speed.

You save a few bucks though...

Spoiler

25 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Well they will still be quiet when connected to the PSU, but you can't change the speed.

You save a few bucks though...

Thank You for your help.

Have you determined which components are too loud?

Please list your specs.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

Have you determined which components are too loud?

Please list your specs.

CPU

Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core

Motherboard

Asus B150M-A Micro ATX LGA1151

RAM

G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133

GPU

Asus Radeon R9 Nano 4GB

Case

Zalman Z3 Plus

Storage

Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" / Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD

PSU

XFX TS 650W 80+ Gold Certified ATX

Cooling

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO / Noctua NF-A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140mm Fan

The R9 Nano It can be some noisy when it's under load but I'm just want to get a silent idle computer.

14 hours ago, happyleonardo14 said:

What do you think?

Those fans are like any vacumn cleaner. I'd say get bequiet fans or noctua and use a Bitfenex fan controller. I have done it before and they worked great

6 minutes ago, 13CA350 said:

Those fans are like any vacumn cleaner. I'd say get bequiet fans or noctua and use a Bitfenex fan controller. I have done it before and they worked great

I'm not completely sure if be quiet silent wings 2 gonna fit in my case because the top and front fans use different screw C Bolt (BH M3*28mm)
I'm just saying because these fans come with ruber mounting and I don't want to pay extra for things that I'm not going to use and it seems that the fan is not PWM that's what people say in the reviews.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA68V21E0611

2 minutes ago, happyleonardo14 said:

I'm not completely sure if be quiet silent wings 2 gonna fit in my case because the top and front fans use different screw C Bolt (BH M3*28mm)

You don't really need to fill every fan slot, technically