What 1060?

Bluebeano

I am planning on buying a 1060 but I'm wondering which one to get. I have £240 and can scrape together another £20 or so if needs be. I was looking at either this or this. My friend @NinjaJc01 says that I should continue to save for a little while, but I would like it sooner rather than later. I was originally looking at this but the ETA passed on OCUK without it going in stock, and it won't be in stock on Ebuyer until at least the 12th. What should I get?

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 3.5GHz

Motherboard: Asus Z97-P DDR3 ATX

RAM: Kingston HyperX Savage 8GB 2400MHz

GPU: Palit Geforce GTX 1060

Case: Zalman Z9+

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD, SK Hynix 256GB SSD

PSU: SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W

Wait and get a videocard that's from a better manufraturer. It will be worth it.

Main gaming pc: Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh Performance - Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI GTX1080Ti Armor - AMD Wraith Spire RGB - ASUS TUF Gaming B550 Plus - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 2x8GB 3200MHz - 500GB M.2 (and a few other drives)

Gaming laptop: ASUS GL552VW: i7 6700HQ - GTX960M 2GB - 8GB DDR4 2166Mhz RAM - 1TB 7200RPM HDD

Just now, xDanielxOossiex said:

Wait and get a videocard that's from a better manufraturer. It will be worth it.

Like MSI? Should I get the one from Ebuyer thats in stock on the 12th?

Just now, Bluebeano said:

Like MSI? Should I get the one from Ebuyer thats in stock on the 12th?

MSI, EVGA, Gigabyte, Asus, Zotac. Get a GTX1060 of these manufraturers. You dont want to cheap out on videocards.

Main gaming pc: Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh Performance - Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI GTX1080Ti Armor - AMD Wraith Spire RGB - ASUS TUF Gaming B550 Plus - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 2x8GB 3200MHz - 500GB M.2 (and a few other drives)

Gaming laptop: ASUS GL552VW: i7 6700HQ - GTX960M 2GB - 8GB DDR4 2166Mhz RAM - 1TB 7200RPM HDD

10 minutes ago, xDanielxOossiex said:

MSI, EVGA, Gigabyte, Asus, Zotac. Get a GTX1060 of these manufraturers. You dont want to cheap out on videocards.

KFA2 is Galax iirc

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

Get which ever one is cheapest and can fit your budget and PC case. They all perform the same.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

9 minutes ago, xDanielxOossiex said:

to be honest i like this generation's evga cooler most, the reference 1060 is a small card, and it kinda puzzles me evga is the only one to put a small cooler on top of that, and didnt put obnoxious LED lighting all over it...

18 minutes ago, manikyath said:

to be honest i like this generation's evga cooler most, the reference 1060 is a small card, and it kinda puzzles me evga is the only one to put a small cooler on top of that, and didnt put obnoxious LED lighting all over it...

Hey! Some people like the flashy leds :)

20 minutes ago, NoHamNoJam said:

Hey! Some people like the flashy leds :)

but.. on a 1060... percentage wise its so much wasted money for something that's inside your case (facing down) anyways.

13 hours ago, Kyle2202 said:

The "palit" 1060 looks identical to the "pny" 1060 

Agreed. I just bought a PNY 1060 and it looks the same.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

imo i like the pny out of all the 1060s in looks, except for the 1060 ssc

I'd suggest the Palit GTX 1060 Dual. Most Palit cards are very solid and are the best bang for the buck. The only downside is the 2y warranty and lack of backplate. Other than that, it's not a lesser product compared to more known brands' offerings.

Palit owns Gainward and PNY uses their designs.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

3 hours ago, Pandalf said:

I'd suggest the Palit GTX 1060 Dual. Most Palit cards are very solid and are the best bang for the buck. The only downside is the 2y warranty and lack of backplate. Other than that, it's not a lesser product compared to more known brands' offerings.

Palit owns Gainward and PNY uses their designs.

Are you sure? @NinjaJc01 was very against getting a Palit when I first asked him. I could get it by tuesday though...

22 minutes ago, Bluebeano said:

Are you sure? @NinjaJc01 was very against getting a Palit when I first asked him. I could get it by tuesday though...

Yes, I am sure. Palit (Gainward) are actually a larger GPU manufacturer than most better known brands and have very low RMA rates. Most people stay away from them, just because they are not that popular in the US and most of Europe. If you are on a budget and don't care about a backplate and fancy LEDs, this is the graphics card to buy.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

22 hours ago, xDanielxOossiex said:

22 hours ago, xDanielxOossiex said:

Sorry, but that's wrong.

Palit IS one of the good Manufacturers.

And MUCH (!!) Better than Asus, which i consider the Worst right now. Their Cooler is pretty bad. A Cheap Direct-Touch design, and only 3/5 Heatpipes have contact with the GPU.

On The GTX 1070 and 1080, the Palit Gamerock is THE Best Custom Design (Maybe together with MSI).

@ BlueBeano: Palit 1060 Dual is fine, if you want it cheap. I have it, but it's not the quietest unter Load. However, it's not Loud.

Palit Dual is great, since it's pretty much the cheapest out there.

Good alternatives: EVGA 1060 SC, Zotac AMP (because of the Warranty).

If you are a Silent-Freak for under Load, you might go for the MSI Gaming 6G (not the OC version).

However, take a Step Back from Asus.

6 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

Sorry, but that's wrong.

Palit IS one of the good Manufacturers.

And MUCH (!!) Better than Asus, which i consider the Worst right now. Their Cooler is pretty bad. A Cheap Direct-Touch design, and only 3/5 Heatpipes have contact with the GPU.

On The GTX 1070 and 1080, the Palit Gamerock is THE Best Custom Design (Maybe together with MSI).

@ BlueBeano: Palit 1060 Dual is fine, if you want it cheap. I have it, but it's not the quietest unter Load. However, it's not Loud.

Palit Dual is great, since it's pretty much the cheapest out there.

Good alternatives: EVGA 1060 SC, Zotac AMP (because of the Warranty).

If you are a Silent-Freak for under Load, you might go for the MSI Gaming 6G (not the OC version).

However, take a Step Back from Asus.

I dont really care about noise unless its ridiculous as I have a noise cancelling headset. The main card I'm avoiding is this: The OcUK value 1060.

Then i can guarantee you: You will be totally happy with the Palit Dual (again, check prices... In Germany, this model was/is the cheapest Custom model, along with the Gainward counterpart).

The Card you linked is a Reference cooler (those "Radial fans"), which has no reason to take over a custom design.

If you want some Data on the Palit Dual:

It went up to 73-77°C, Fans hit up to 1900-2200 rpm (was hearable, but not thaaat Loud. My Game Sounds were louder, so the GPU never bothered me.

My Room Temperature was 31°C at that point so.... not the best scenario. If the Room temperature is down to normal humane 20°C, the GPU Temp/Fan% should be quite a bit lower too.

And the Card has a Zero Fan Mode. Below 50°C, the Fans are completely off. And below 1000 rpm or so, it's still silent.

Oh yea, the Max boost is 1708 Mhz according to Spec sheet. But my Palit Dual goes up to 1860 Mhz during Games/Benchmarks. I did NOT touch Power Target, or any OC at all.

But since this is a Cheaper Custom card, the PCB is a Reference one --> Voltage control is locked (so if you're a heavy Overclocker, this is not the Card for you. I took it, because i couldn't care less about 1-2% clock speed more or less :P )

Edit: But it might be still worth paying 10 bucks more for the EVGA/Zotac cards, as they have 3-5 Years warranty. Palit only 2 Years.

4 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

Then i can guarantee you: You will be totally happy with the Palit Dual (again, check prices... In Germany, this model was/is the cheapest Custom model, along with the Gainward counterpart).

The Card you linked is a Reference cooler (those "Radial fans"), which has no reason to take over a custom design.

If you want some Data on the Palit Dual:

It went up to 73-77°C, Fans hit up to 1900-2200 rpm (was hearable, but not thaaat Loud. My Game Sounds were louder, so the GPU never bothered me.

My Room Temperature was 31°C at that point so.... not the best scenario. If the Room temperature is down to normal humane 20°C, the GPU Temp/Fan% should be quite a bit lower too.

And the Card has a Zero Fan Mode. Below 50°C, the Fans are completely off. And below 1000 rpm or so, it's still silent.

Oh yea, the Max boost is 1708 Mhz according to Spec sheet. But my Palit Dual goes up to 1860 Mhz during Games/Benchmarks. I did NOT touch Power Target, or any OC at all.

But since this is a Cheaper Custom card, the PCB is a Reference one --> Voltage control is locked (so if you're a heavy Overclocker, this is not the Card for you. I took it, because i couldn't care less about 1-2% clock speed more or less :P )

Edit: But it might be still worth paying 10 bucks more for the EVGA/Zotac cards, as they have 3-5 Years warranty. Palit only 2 Years.

I'll likely upgrade it within 2 years ;)

But keep in Mind, when you  Sell the card in 20 Months, you will have a "4 Months remaining warranty" card for sale. Instead 1 Year and 4 Months.

Or 3 Years and 4 Months ;) That might give you 20-30 bucks more