Stop the fanboy wars

6 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

Agreed.

People need to stop accepting the weaksauce arguments from PC gamers who also own consoles.

You are traitors.

No we are not.  But you're guilty of being bigoted against console owners.  Try respecting other people's preferences rather than criticizing them and the world will be a better place.

1 hour ago, SamStrecker said:

Nah the forum has been pretty good lately. We don't have the 700 page Nvidia vs AMD thread. Everyone has their one opinion so you have to respect it even though Intel is better and so is Nvidia. 

:P

True respecting other people's opinions is what's best but unfortunately not everyone does that and this topic seems to have attracted bs anti-console sentiment.

Well, I'd suggest we keep to the topic.

This anti- flame war thread is going to turn into a flame war pretty soon.

CPU i5 6600k @ 4.6GHz GPU MSI R9 390 GAMING 8G RAM 8 x 2gb DDR4-2800MHz Avexir RAM Mother Board ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming Case NZXT H440 PSU Cooler Master v750 750W Storage WD 1TB Blue + Samsung 950 pro 128gb m.2 pci-e SSD Cooler Corsair H110i GTX

Monitor BenQ BL2420PT 24" 1440p 60Hz

9 hours ago, KillDog said:

Well, whenever a new card launches, flame wars do happen. It has been well maintained but I don't know for how long.

Maybe but they don't survive really long. Moderation here is pretty quick to lock down any attempt on starting one. And since they are against CS, legit users won't try it more than once.

Imo whole PCMR should just die away, lone and forgotten. We don't need that shit. Most of people who spur that crap around don't even know that Macs and Linux machines count as PCs and wage their wars against those too.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

No we are not.  But you're guilty of being bigoted against console owners.  Try respecting other people's preferences rather than criticizing them and the world will be a better place.

Try making purchasing decisions that don't negatively impact the rest of the gaming industry/world.

Buying a console, is rewarding anti-consumer business practices. Same thing with pre-ordering and buying worthless DLC skin packs.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

10 hours ago, manikyath said:

on days my pc is acting up i get really tempted to fish my PS1 off the shelf and just play crash team racing on a projector for an afternoong :P

That's why I still have my Xbox Original (and why its got a 250GB HDD now-though having 3x spare DVD drive die hasn't helped). Well over 50 games on it, and all bar a few of the good ones.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

2 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Try making purchasing decisions that don't negatively impact the rest of the gaming industry/world.

Buying a console, is rewarding anti-consumer business practices. Same thing with pre-ordering and buying worthless DLC skin packs.

Which is why you:

• Buy consoles second hand and soft mod them (if you want a console, and as long its not one of the POS "next gen" consoles)
  • Buy the games second hand (GTA San Andreas and III are the most expensive second hand games that I've bought for my Xbox)

PMSL

Just now, Dabombinable said:

Which is why you:

• Buy consoles second hand and soft mod them (if you want a console, and as long its not one of the POS "next gen" consoles)
  • Buy the games second hand (GTA San Andreas and III are the most expensive second hand games that I've bought for my Xbox)

Fair enough. As long as the money isn't going to the company that actually made the game and or console (depending on the developer though. Some devs are okay because they make a good enough product, that they can afford to tell MS/Sony to piss off when they ask for exclusivity and or exclusive DLC)

13 hours ago, Gale said:

You should stop being a fanboy first.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA,fucking genius :DxD 

I'm a educated fool with money on my mind.

They say i got to learn but nobody here to teach me,if they can't understand it how can they reach me

Power and the money,money and the power,minute after minute,hour after hour

My Motivation

1 hour ago, Trik'Stari said:

Consoles don't negatively affect a damn thing.  It's just a type of system to play games on.

3 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Consoles don't negatively affect a damn thing.  It's just a type of system to play games on.

You have no clue what you are talking about.

I would elaborate as to how and why consoles are extremely harmful to the gaming industry, but I am enjoying some steak right now. Someone will probably enlighten you.

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if thousands of fanboys suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Fanboyism will never go away.

It exists across all industries, especially politics.

It is what it is.

Let the fools make blind purchases.

The wise of us will just buy what is truly the best for their money and especially for their own needs.

I personally own all current generation consoles and my midrange PC (which will be getting a total upgrade for the first time in over half a decade after ZEN releases and CPU prices come down) and they all have their own uses and games.

Desktop:

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 Edition

ASUS STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard

ASUS STRIX Radeon RX 5700XT

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME

2x4TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

Elgato HD60 Pro

Sceptre C305B-200UN Ultra Wide 2560x1080 200hz Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard

Logitech G903 Mouse

Oculus Rift CV1 w/ 3 Sensors + Earphones

Laptop:

Acer Nitro 5:

Intel Core I5-8300H

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 2666

Geforce GTX 1050ti 4GB

Intel 600p 256GB NVME

Seagate Firecuda 2TB SSHD

Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

27 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

You have no clue what you are talking about.

I would elaborate as to how and why consoles are extremely harmful to the gaming industry, but I am enjoying some steak right now. Someone will probably enlighten you.

I know that consoles are just find and you're just another conspiracy nut. Save the tin foil for your hat.  

24 minutes ago, ScootsMcgoots said:

Also the "console killer " term ( at least how some use it ) makes no sense.  When linus calls something a console killer , I'd think it would beat out its competition ( consoles).  He called a Lian Li small form factor case  a console killer.   If I told one of my friends that for about half the price of a PS4 you can buy a empty case with no hardware they'd say F*** that.   The only thing in recent memory that's been "killing" consoles is mobile phones, capturing the casual audience.  That small form factor pc linus reviewed recently is anything but a console killer, costing thousands???  

I guess he could mean because of the size.  But if it costs that much for just the case then any PC in it while certainly able to outclass a console would not be a "console killer" simply because of the increased cost of the PC.

An actual "console killer" would be a cheap PC that can outperform a console for thr same or less money.  

Though the term since any gaming PC aside from crap prebuilts from stores like Best Buy will qualify as a "console killer" which imo makes the term so watered down as to render it pointless to say.

6 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I know that consoles are just find and you're just another conspiracy nut. Save the tin foil for your hat.  

Yeah, insults don't make a valid argument. Whereas the "consoles hurt the industry" argument is well thought out.

Consoles are a walled garden. M$ already tried taking advantage of that when the Xbone came out, but they dropped the always-online crap, and the "no used games" thing because of the ridiculous backlash they got from it. Doesn't mean they won't try again down the road. Why on earth do you think they are doing the whole "UWP" thing with Windows 10? They're positioning themselves to try again sooner or later.

Which is funny, because they already basically "own" PC gaming. All they're really doing is giving people an incentive to try and move to Linux, and the more people that do that, the more games will support Linux.

My PC build is in excess of £2.5k so I'd say I easily qualify as "master race"

ive spent 6 hours of my evening tonight on my Xbox one. 

2 minutes ago, LordLeewee said:

My PC build is in excess of £2.5k so I'd say I easily qualify as "master race"

ive spent 6 hours of my evening tonight on my Xbox one. 

Why though?

I mean I'm not far behind, about $1500 overall on my setup, and I love it. Only current complain is that my chair sucks.

Just now, Trik'Stari said:

Why though?

I mean I'm not far behind, about $1500 overall on my setup, and I love it. Only current complain is that my chair sucks.

All of my friends have Xbox ones and we were in a big party on gta. All well and good playing at 4k60 on my PC but it's much much more fun with all my close friends playing the same game

3 minutes ago, LordLeewee said:

All of my friends have Xbox ones and we were in a big party on gta. All well and good playing at 4k60 on my PC but it's much much more fun with all my close friends playing the same game

That's honestly the best argument for using a console.

I'm just one of those people who has almost no friends. I have a friends list on Steam, a rather active one, but I never play with them. I do blame my ISP for that. I constantly get throttled when I try to play online, so I've basically just stopped playing online because being disconnected in the middle of a BFBC2 match, when I'm going 15 and 3 K/D, is mind-bogglingly-infuriating.

About the only thing I can play online is MMO's, but since SWTOR went to hell, I haven't found another one I've enjoyed. ESO was good but, I just can't find anyone else playing it. I've been avoiding WoW since it came out (I've never played it) and I'm almost afraid to open up that monster of addiction.

Edit: I did like LOTRO, especially how you can get currency for "micro-transaction" stuff, by playing the game, but it's such a grind fest and has so very few players. SWTOR was good in the beginning because it had lots of people.

3 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

That's honestly the best argument for using a console.

I'm just one of those people who has almost no friends. I have a friends list on Steam, a rather active one, but I never play with them. I do blame my ISP for that. I constantly get throttled when I try to play online, so I've basically just stopped playing online because being disconnected in the middle of a BFBC2 match, when I'm going 15 and 3 K/D, is mind-bogglingly-infuriating.

About the only thing I can play online is MMO's, but since SWTOR went to hell, I haven't found another one I've enjoyed. ESO was good but, I just can't find anyone else playing it. I've been avoiding WoW since it came out (I've never played it) and I'm almost afraid to open up that monster of addiction.

Edit: I did like LOTRO, especially how you can get currency for "micro-transaction" stuff, by playing the game, but it's such a grind fest and has so very few players. SWTOR was good in the beginning because it had lots of people.

Having friends on the platform isn't the best argument, it's the only one! I have some games on xbone still in shrikk wrap because I have them on PC and none of my irl friends are playing them anymore 

5 minutes ago, LordLeewee said:

Having friends on the platform isn't the best argument, it's the only one! I have some games on xbone still in shrikk wrap because I have them on PC and none of my irl friends are playing them anymore 

The only 3 reasons I pull my Xbox Original out of storage:

• My PC needs some work done
  • Playing 4 player split screen/8 player system link with my spare Xbox-got 3 spares, all have dead DVD drive so softmod FTW)
  • My friend didn't bring his 360 around (not that it sees much use since I gave him a desktop made from my LGA 775+LGA1150 rigs spare parts-it flogs the crap out of the Xbone)

PMSL

4 minutes ago, LordLeewee said:

I agree.

There are a few games that I would buy older consoles for. Specifically because they were freaking great at the time, although 99% of them are single player only. Off the top of my head

Harvest Moon (SNES, N64, Game Cube. although Stardew Valley has eliminated the need from this. DO NOT TRY Stardew Valley if you liked Harvest Moon, as that game is like freaking heroin levels of addicting)

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (the first game I ever beat..... I love that game. I knew it so well that the Master Quest remake was actually easier than the original to me.....freaking water temple)

F-Zero franchise (I just love these games. I REALLY wish they would come out for the PC. Imagine a 4k, or 5760x1080 F-Zero....It would cause seizures, but it would be awesome).

Goldeneye 64 and Beetle Adventure Racing, the only two multiplayer games I can think of for the 64, that I loved.

Halo, for single player and multiplayer.

Metroid Prime (it was amazing. To put it plainly.)

There's probably more that I can't think of ATM

4 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

I agree.

There are a few games that I would buy older consoles for. Specifically because they were freaking great at the time, although 99% of them are single player only. Off the top of my head

Harvest Moon (SNES, N64, Game Cube. although Stardew Valley has eliminated the need from this. DO NOT TRY Stardew Valley if you liked Harvest Moon, as that game is like freaking heroin levels of addicting)

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (the first game I ever beat..... I love that game. I knew it so well that the Master Quest remake was actually easier than the original to me.....freaking water temple)

F-Zero franchise (I just love these games. I REALLY wish they would come out for the PC. Imagine a 4k, or 5760x1080 F-Zero....It would cause seizures, but it would be awesome).

Goldeneye 64 and Beetle Adventure Racing, the only two multiplayer games I can think of for the 64, that I loved.

Halo, for single player and multiplayer.

Metroid Prime (it was amazing. To put it plainly.)

There's probably more that I can't think of ATM

I'm tempted to buy a ps4 for uncharted and the last of us, because I still think the last of us is the best game I've ever played