Why am I getting less hours at work?

sissj
Just now, Donut417 said:

Better than paying the $1200 I have to pay per class on top of books, gas and other fees. 

Thats Merica' for you

My Build: Phoenix

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️

4 minutes ago, sissj said:

Thats Merica' for you

I got $30,000 in student loans. Lets just say I crying a little on the inside. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Just now, Donut417 said:

I got $30,000 in student loans. Lets just say I crying a little on the inside. 

Come to UK, courses from only 6000 and you dont have to pay it until you earn over a certain amount of money an hour :)

My Build: Phoenix

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️

On 7/29/2016 at 0:01 PM, sissj said:

I know this is kinda the wrong forum but here we go. I'm 16 and have been working in retail for a month now, at first I was getting 30 hours a week, but from last week I keep getting less and less hours and I just found out I'm only doing 10 hours next week, (was originally doing 30) I asked my boss if I could have more but she just told me no. I need the hours to get money for my college course and summer is the only opportunity for me. Is my boss trying to drop hints that I should leave or that I'm not doing good enough? 

Please help me guys, do you have any ideas?

it can be for a lot of reasions, most likely demand its a slow seasion for retail, things will likely pick up  for back to school and holidays (beware of the christmas music you will hate your existance)

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

28 minutes ago, elderago said:

it can be for a lot of reasions, most likely demand its a slow seasion for retail, things will likely pick up  for back to school and holidays (beware of the christmas music you will hate your existance)

That is a good reason why. Ive worked in retail myself. January to about August was not too busy. August it starts picking up. Then just before Thanksgiving thru Christmas it was unbearably busy. You would want to go in to the corner in the fetal position to cry. 

If the OP wants more hours, Id suggest looking in to a new line of work. Most retailers in the US, at this in my area, have cut back on staff. You are lucky to find someone who can help you. Hell, went to Meijer today, lots and lots of empty shelf, because they dont have the staff to stock out stuff. When I worked at Sam's Club, in the morning there were maybe 3 employees and if we were lucky a team lead on the floor till about 12 or 1pm. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

On 29-7-2016 at 8:22 PM, sissj said:

she is very passive aggressive so she will act like everything is fine but she is pissed inside

just based on that i'd say try to find a different job.

one of the skills that makes a boss a really good boss is being direct and to the point, in a way that still has respect for employees, but also sets an expectation for the employees to respect their boss.

the issue is that when employers dont get to the point with their employees and do it very "passively agressive" it eventually ends up in a very bad working atmosphere, and possibly eventually even the demise of the company itself because management isnt as "snappy" as it should be.

only the store manager can approve more hours you could see if there are other departments, but I wouldnt worry too much unless you really need a second job

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

The only way you're not going to get fired within a few weeks is if you step up and work very hard during those 10 hours a week. 

Show them that you're valuable there, or they won't want you. 

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

5 hours ago, TDP_Equinox said:

The only way you're not going to get fired within a few weeks is if you step up and work very hard during those 10 hours a week. 

Show them that you're valuable there, or they won't want you. 

Ya this.  They're not dumb.  If you aren't there to work, they'll notice and not care about working you.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers