BIOS?

So I built a computer but sadly it has locked bios. So i was thinking maybe there are some moded bios for it. I only need to add 1 MHz on the cpu. So the mobo is an ASUS IPIBL-LB or also called HP Benicia-GL8E. Or some cpu overclocking utility.

HP boards are famous for locking the BIOS

did you rebuild a LGA775 system???

because that board is a G33 chipset and you said you built a PC?

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

its not the bios thats locked, its the CPU itself thats locked, the bios only shows you what you can overclock if applicable

The cpu is unlocked. well i think so

ITs the e7300

1 minute ago, nicknfs said:

The cpu is unlocked. well i think so

ITs the e7300

the Intel Core 2 Duo Series was very rarely ever unlocked for any kind of cpu overclocking, my last CPU was the e4500, (same series btw) and it wasnt able to overclock, and looking at the Intel Specs page, it looks like the e7300 is also one that cant be overclocked

Yep i bought separate parts. The mobo at a junk store.

17 minutes ago, theanimun said:

the Intel Core 2 Duo Series was very rarely ever unlocked for any kind of cpu overclocking, my last CPU was the e4500, (same series btw) and it wasnt able to overclock, and looking at the Intel Specs page, it looks like the e7300 is also one that cant be overclocked

actually you still can OC them but only using FSB or Front Side system bus speeds

CPU run at 266, 333 or 400MHz

OCing the CPU needs you to OC the FSB to your desired speeds

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Just now, nicknfs said:

and how can i do that?

are you able to modify the system bus speed?

if i remember correctly

HP lock down OCing the system bus feature as well

so you are out of luck

15 minutes ago, dragoon20005 said:

are you able to modify the system bus speed?

if i remember correctly

HP lock down OCing the system bus feature as well

so you are out of luck

I wonder if that program can do it... I bet not, but who knows. OP might get lucky.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!