GTX 480

crysilis
Just now, don_svetlio said:

Anyhow, @Ryan_Vickers can we please have this removed? This is borderline illegal....

No it is not... There's almost no chance that an actual fire could start. The most likely scenario is that he slowly kills the PSU and has to replace it with something that isn't fucking garbage.

You really do over-estimate the volatility of even shitty PSUs.

Just now, don_svetlio said:

This here is the exact reason this type of thing should NOT be done and why I shit on crappy PSUs.

it's okay to mess with this stuff if you know what you're doing, and it is also the reason why when i do this i do it behind a seperate 2A breaker that's the fastest "popper" on the market, and do it on a desk that is built with fire retarding materials.

Just now, manikyath said:

it's okay to mess with this stuff if you know what you're doing, and it is also the reason why when i do this i do it behind a seperate 2A breaker that's the fastest "popper" on the market, and do it on a desk that is built with fire retarding materials.

Just now, JoeyDM said:

No it is not... There's almost no chance that an actual fire could start. The most likely scenario is that he slowly kills the PSU and has to replace it with something that isn't fucking garbage.

1 minute ago, don_svetlio said:

Anyhow, @Ryan_Vickers can we please have this removed? This is borderline illegal....

can you guys read the post I edited it

it was just a fucking idea and i never meant to actually try this due to how im saving up to upgrade my shitty a8 6500

ALSo i have not actually done anything illegal yet this was just a thought

this was not a post for proof that i commited arson 

Mouse: Logitech g402 <3

Keyboard: Some Tenkeyless with blue kalih switches

Headphones: Logitech g430

Monitor: HP w2207h (1680 x 1050 @ 60hz)

PC Specs:CPU(AMD A8 6500 @3.5ghz), Mobo ( ASUS A68HM-E  FM2+), 1x1600mhz 4gb stick of ram, Random grey PSU, 920gb ssd

PhoneIphone 5 32gb

Tablet: Ipad 2 16gb

Laptop:Toshiba satelite with 8gb of ram a 480gb ssd and a mobile 2nd gen I3

Just now, JoeyDM said:

trying to light something on fire that wont burn is illegal as well.

beyond that, this is still damaging property, which is in most places also illegal to a certain degree.

even if it's not illegal, it is certainly something that should not under any condition be condoned on a forum due to the nature of the act (a "joke" that's more so purposely damaging people's property)

1 minute ago, crysilis said:

can you guys read the post I edited it

it was just a fucking idea and i never meant to actually try this due to how im saving up to upgrade my shitty a8 6500

ALSo i have not actually done anything illegal yet this was just a thought

this was not a post for proof that i commited arson 

This thread here can be used in a court of law to show that this was pre-meditated. Do you have ANY idea in how much trouble you can get yourself into punk? NEVER do this type of retarded shit...

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Also, a note to everyone who doesn't actually think that this is such a dumbass idea (it is):

Aiding & abetting and Accessory are both crimes, and if there was any lasting damage as a result of this prank, you could actually face jail time (in the U.S.), not to mention the OP facing Arson and you both potentially facing Conspiracy to Commit Arson.

Please don't do this. I don't need my 9 o'clock news tainted by your completely and utter ignorance.

I will most likely not respond to you in a thread unless you quote me.

$500 PC | $800 PC | $1000 PC | $1200 PC | $1500 PC | $2000 PC | $2500 PC | $3000 PC | $4000 PC

Spoiler

Damnit Carl (My portable POS):

CPU: Core i7-6700HQ

Motherboard: Toshiba L55-C5392 Mobo

RAM: 8GB DDR3 (even though I have Skylake)

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530

Case: Toshiba L55-C5392 Case

Storage: 525 GB Crucial MX300 SSD

PSU: Whatever power jack comes with it

Display: Some 1366 x 768 garbage + an OK 1080p monitor

Cooling: Not enough + an external laptop tray

Keyboard: The included one

Mouse: $4 Lenovo 3D Optical Mouse (not as bad as you (rightly) assumed)

Sound: The Skullcandy branding right under the power button should clue you in

Operating System: Windows 10 Home

PCPartPicker URL: pcpartpicker.com/i-wish-i-had-enough-money-for-a-desktop-my-laptop-is-so-sh*t-its-not-even-on-portablepicker

1 minute ago, LordMastodon said:

Also, a note to everyone who doesn't actually think that this is such a dumbass idea (it is):

Aiding & abetting and Accessory are both crimes, and if there was any lasting damage as a result of this prank, you could actually face jail time (in the U.S.), not to mention the OP facing Arson and you both potentially facing Conspiracy to Commit Arson.

Please don't do this. I don't need my 9 o'clock news tainted by your completely and utter ignorance.

oh im not just a thought i had after a friend told me about how the 480 burned houses down

Mouse: Logitech g402 <3

Keyboard: Some Tenkeyless with blue kalih switches

Headphones: Logitech g430

Monitor: HP w2207h (1680 x 1050 @ 60hz)

PC Specs:CPU(AMD A8 6500 @3.5ghz), Mobo ( ASUS A68HM-E  FM2+), 1x1600mhz 4gb stick of ram, Random grey PSU, 920gb ssd

PhoneIphone 5 32gb

Tablet: Ipad 2 16gb

Laptop:Toshiba satelite with 8gb of ram a 480gb ssd and a mobile 2nd gen I3

Just now, LordMastodon said:

yay, someone who's better at legal speak than me.

but seriously, that's a fact up there, even if it's just serious burns on the arm and smoke damage on the ceiling (and burn marks on the table) this is something no one on this forum wants to be part of.

19/2016 at 7:52 PM, Windspeed36 said:
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.

I feel several members of this thread need to be reminded of this point from the Community standards.

Also, this thread seems to have run through any constructive bits it may have had so it's about time for it to sink into the lower pages of this sub-forum. LOCKED

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.