TP-LINK TL-WN851ND Wireless N300 PCI Adapter, is it good?

RRGT19

TP-LINK TL-WN851ND Wireless N300 PCI Adapter

https://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-WN851ND-Wireless-Adapter-Low-profile/dp/B005NHIQ06/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

I have an Asus H97i-PLUS and I need a PCI Adapter to have WIFI.

This TP-LINK is good?. There is another one with more antennas, but is not available on Amazon.

it will work, its not the absolute best on the market but it is good for the price.

Its automatic, just press this button!

2 minutes ago, mrgooglegeek said:

it will work, its not the absolute best on the market but it is good for the price.

I just want to get internet at home.

I would like to buy the version that has one more antenna, but is not available on Amazon.

It would make a huge difference?

2 minutes ago, kindlestone said:

If you can wired is the way to go! But as for that wireless adapter I'm not sure.

My PC is far away from my router, I need a PCI WIFI :( Adapter

2 minutes ago, RGT said:

My PC is far away from my router, I need a PCI WIFI :( Adapter

the extra antenna may be more for speed than signal strength, but if its not much more it might be worth it.

Its automatic, just press this button!

3 minutes ago, mrgooglegeek said:

the extra antenna may be more for speed than signal strength, but if its not much more it might be worth it.

Do you know any other that has good signal strenght?.

9 minutes ago, RGT said:

I just want to get internet at home.

I would like to buy the version that has one more antenna, but is not available on Amazon.

It would make a huge difference?

The extra Internet is for more speed not range the only thing that I think will increase the range is a larger antenna!

Just now, kindlestone said:

The extra Internet is for more speed not range the only thing that I think will increase the range is a larger antenna!

Or if you have a good router then it won't matter. Also If you are going trough 3 room you would be better to use 2.4Ghz as a posed to 5Ghz if that is an option to you.

1 hour ago, mrgooglegeek said:

1 hour ago, kindlestone said:

Or if you have a good router then it won't matter. Also If you are going trough 3 room you would be better to use 2.4Ghz as a posed to 5Ghz if that is an option to you.

61twfqOYp6L._SL1020_.jpg

My Asus H97i-PLUS only has PCI, it doesn't have PCI EXPRESS.

That one will work?.

https://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-WN851ND-Wireless-Adapter-Low-profile/dp/B005NHIQ06/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1469458678&sr=8-5&keywords=tp+link+pci+wifi

2 hours ago, RGT said:

Sorry for the late reply got caught up in something! This card will work but this is not only about the wireless card you also want to see if your router can support that distance so you can test the strenght with your phone or tablet to see the the strength of your signal and if it's good that card will work.

On July 25, 2016 at 1:55 PM, kindlestone said:

Sorry for the late reply got caught up in something! This card will work but this is not only about the wireless card you also want to see if your router can support that distance so you can test the strenght with your phone or tablet to see the the strength of your signal and if it's good that card will work.

I have received the adapter today and I was trying to install it and the adapter doesn't fit correctly, it doesn't aline good with the PCI holes. It seems like it is another type of PCI.

What can I do?...

Did I buy the wrong adapter?.

9 minutes ago, RGT said:

I have received the adapter today and I was trying to install it and the adapter doesn't fit correctly, it doesn't aline good with the PCI holes. It seems like it is another type of PCI.

What can I do?...

Your motherboard only has a PCI-E 16x slot, it will not support a PCI card unfortunately.

My rigs:

Spoiler

NEW Ryzinator build:

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 9 3950X 8-Core Processor

Motherboard: Asus - PRIME X370-PRO ATX AM4

RAM: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2666 @ DDR4-3066

Storage: (3x) Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5", Samsung - 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280

PSU: Seasonic Prime TX-750

Additional fan: Noctua - NF-A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140mm Fan

Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case

GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 580 Dual OC 4GB

Display: MSI 27L Optix MAG272QP @ 165Hz

OLD Build (SOLD):

CPU: AMD FX-6100 Motherboard: ASRock 960GM/U3S3 FX (VRM overheating, don't buy) RAM: 8GB Kingston ValueRAM GPU: Onboard ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics Case: Corsair Obsidian 500D Storage: Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 1TB, 119GB SAMSUNG MMCRE28G5MXP-0VBH1 (SSD), 465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AZRX-00L4HB0 (SATA)  PSU: Be quiet! - Straight Power 10 400 Watt Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 

Retro gaming build:

CPU: Intel Pentium 3 Coppermine @ 800MHz Motherboard: Asus P2B i440BX BIOS 1012 FSB: 133 MHz RAM: 1x 128MB Hynix PC133 SDR SDRAM GPU: ATi Radeon 9200 256MB AGP Case: Full Tower case (unbranded) Storage: CompactFlash card to IDE converter (16GB card) Sound Card: Aztech 2320 ISA Cooling: Stock heatsink fan OS: Windows 98 Second Edition

25 minutes ago, RGT said:

What can I do?...

What card did you get? link?

22 minutes ago, MSWindowsinside said:

Your motherboard only has a PCI-E 16x slot, it will not support a PCI card unfortunately.

Ahh

so, what PCIe wifi card can I get?

7 minutes ago, kindlestone said:

What card did you get? link?

See photo attached.

it say PCI and my motherboard say PCIe..

if that is not the correct card, which one can I buy?

image.png

7 minutes ago, kindlestone said:

And that one will fit even if it is short?. It has a short line at the bottom than a normal line of a gpu for example.

and will work?

(never did this before I'm new at this)

2 minutes ago, RGT said:

And that one will fit even if it is short?. It has a short line at the bottom than a normal line of a gpu for example.

and will work?

Let me find the video linus posted and I will be back with a link for you to watch!

5 minutes ago, RGT said:

and will work?

Yes it will work!

16 minutes ago, kindlestone said:

Yes it will work!

Thank you, I will return this and I will buy the PCIe version then, I never tried this jeje, hope it works