Best Operating system?

ZackEcker
Go to solution Solved by themctipers,

Reinstall Windows 10.

What is the best operating system (os) 

cuz my windows 10, crashes all the time.

Zambosoe, was here.

Reinstall Windows 10.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Don't run from a problem, fix it or it will eventually bite you, run a few virus scans and some system checks. If those fail to help, reinstall. If that fails theres likely a hardware issue. 

Also, this question will start wars, far worse than apple or android and amd or nvidia 

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

There's no real "best operating system", it's mostly personal preference.

Some people use Windows 10 because of the features it has. Some use Windows 8.1/7 because it's more stable and doesn't have as many privacy concerns as Windows 10. Some use Linux because it offers more customizability.

Some use Mac because, well, I honestly don't know.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

I just run a version of AoL from 1998 (found it in a cabinet at school) fullscreen and I haven't had any problems for 2+ years.

24 minutes ago, ZackEcker said:

Realistically, it depends on what exactly you are trying to do. So what exactly do you do with your computer?

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

Find me the best one for gamming?

Zambosoe, was here.

Like people said above, there is no best operating system. I like xp, 7 and 10. Someone else might like vista and 8.1 . Its all down to personal choice. If you having issues with windows 10 i would try to fix them first and then consider moving os. If you are looking to change I would advice you go for windows 7 as there are still updates for it, lots of people still uses it and there is noting wrong with it.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

6 minutes ago, ZackEcker said:

A non pirated version of Windows 10, purchase it and you'll probably have all your problems fixed.

i5 4590 @ Stock, XFX R9 290!, HyperX Beast 4x8GB  @1600, 850 EVO 120gb, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, , Asrock H97m Pro 4 , Fractal Design Define R4, Windows 10

16 minutes ago, ZackEcker said:

Windows. If I were you, I would take this opportunity to learn how to fix windows when it turns into shit. I would recommend a fresh install. If you got your copy of ten through digital entitlement you won't need a product key. If you purchased this computer (mobile only) and it had windows 10 preinstalled and an embedded product key you won't need to provide one. If you purchased Windows 10 digitally and have it attached to your Microsoft Account, you can defer activation until after the install, and authenticate it by using your Microsoft account. If you purchased a disc, reinstall with the disc.  In all cases where you don't need authentication, you will need to use the same Microsoft Account that you used with the original install. Otherwise you should have your se7en key handy, or the key that came on the sticker if it's a laptop. In either case, you can use the Windows Media Creation Tool to obtain an iso from Microsoft and create a bootable USB or DVD.

Please don't try the reset tool. I haven't heard one story of that going well, but many of it going horribly wrong.

1 hour ago, GreezyJeezy said:

TempleOS 

m8 this is the best OS.

hml.2.jpg

Edit: For clarification, I've not actually tried this OS. But with a name like Hannah Montana Linux, it ought to be good?

Edited by wcreek
I was edit to edit.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

1 hour ago, ZackEcker said:

Clean install it and you should be fine or you could spend a couple thousand dollars buying a Mac, or you could try Linux, or you could revert to an older version of Windows for the last couple of years of its life span... it's really up to you.

1 minute ago, kerbingamer376 said:

Linux! 

linux and gaming? just like macOS and gaming, limited.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

How to run lol (league of legends) on linux?

Zambosoe, was here.

2 minutes ago, ZackEcker said:

WINE but mileage may vary, stuff in wine is hit or miss with how well or poorly it performs.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Should try new os in virtual or on host?

Zambosoe, was here.

16 minutes ago, ZackEcker said:

We're joking about Linux. If you're inexperienced and all you want to do on your computer is game, then Windows is definitely the way to go, hands down. There are some ways to run windows programs in Debian Linux sometimes, but sometimes they don't work, and games in true virtual machines are iffy at best. Seriously, for your purposes Windows is the best.

13 minutes ago, ZackEcker said:

Should try new os in virtual or on host?

If you really want to try Linux out (it's great once you learn the command line) I would recommend your first few runs being on a waste machine or virtualbox. Especially if you aren't absolutely sure that you know exactly what you are doing when installing new operating systems.

Just now, straight_stewie said:

We're joking about Linux. If you're inexperienced and all you want to do on your computer is game, then Windows is definitely the way to go hands down. There are some ways to run windows programs in Debian Linux sometimes, but sometimes they don't work, and games in true virtual machines are iffy at best. Seriously, for your purposes Windows is the best.

If you really want to try Linux out (it's great once you learn the command line) I would recommend your first few runs being on a waste machine or virtualbox. Especially if you aren't absolutely sure that you know exactly what you are doing when installing new operating systems.

This doesn't mean linux is trash, but windows is better for gaming (at least atm)

2 minutes ago, kerbingamer376 said:

This doesn't mean linux is trash, but windows is better for gaming (at least atm)

Linux garbage, Windows great!! I personally love my BSODs. They fill me with warm fuzzy feelings,

Spoiler

of wanting to punch my screen and throw my keyboard across the room. Linux is better in every way, except for gaming.