Should i back star citizen

GeTecknics

hey everyone i was wondering the forums opinion on star citizen. i was considering backing star citizen because of how much linus and slick seem to enjoy it. and right when i was going to back it i thought i should ask the forum. i know this game is going to be good but i wanted to know if anyone actually thinks its worth backing it so early before release. also does anyone think they will close backing or just keep doing stretch goals. i know this is a stupid question, because why turn down free moeny, but they are about to reach the 21mil goal and if they close it afterwards i might just go ahead and pledge for the $25 dollar tier but if not and i am convinced that i should pledge i will wait another 2 weeks and pledge the $110 tier any thoughts

its GE (pause) TechNicks

my rig plus everything i have bought for it http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30sNV

I would not I do not see what the big deal about it is!

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

I would not I do not see what the big deal about it is!

When was the last time a worthwhile space sim came out?

Totally back the game I backed in the original group backers and now have a 325a. If you are still a bit cautious about backing the next part in the alpha coming out is the dog fighter module.

should mention that if you buy a package and want a different one you can refund a package for store credit and then upgrade.

They will continue announcing new pledge goals. CR said so in the 20 million chairman letter.

I backed it personally and the hangar module has me convinced so far. Looks like it'll be a really great game

CPU: Intel 3930K @ 4.6GHz || MOBO: Asus P9X79-E WS || GPU: 2x Nvidia GTX Titans || CASE: Fractal Design Define XL R2 || PSU: Corsair AX1200i

RAM: 32GB Dominator Platinum @ 2100 MHz || Storage: 240GB Samsung 840 Pro & 2TB Seagate Barracuda || Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX

Peripherals: Samsung S27B970D - Asus PB23HQ - Logitech MX Revolution - Corsair K95 - Samson Meteor Mic - Logitech C920 - Bowers&Wilkins MM-1

They will continue announcing new pledge goals. CR said so in the 20 million chairman letter.

I backed it personally and the hangar module has me convinced so far. Looks like it'll be a really great game

yea just checked that out and it convinced me. and they are going to continue  stretch goals now my question is what should i pledge. i see the reserve your ship option is that what i need to buy or do i need the reserve your alpha spot options

its GE (pause) TechNicks

yea just checked that out and it convinced me. and they are going to continue  stretch goals now my question is what should i pledge. i see the reserve your ship option is that what i need to buy or do i need the reserve your alpha spot options

just buy the regular 110 package, not an actual ship, each package comes with a ship. Buying just the ship, is 5$ less, and leaves out alpha beta insurence etc..

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make sure you buy a package that has game access and not just a ship. My advice is to maybe find someone you trustworthy can buy ships with lifetime insurance and have them buy one for you. You then pay them back. I don't think new backers can get ships with LTI.

CPU AMD Ryzen 2700 X / Motherboard  / RAM 4 x 4GB  / GPU Zotac 1080Ti Amp Edition / Case Fractal Design Meshify C / Storage Samsung 850 PRO / 1TB WD Black & 2TB WD Green / PSU / Cooling Noctua / Keyboard Ducky Shine 2 / Mouse Logitech G700 / Sound O2 Amp/DAC & Audioengine A5+ speakers

Okay. The smallest pledge to get into the alpha and beta(s) is $40, now that gets you into the hangar module which is out now and the dogfighting, planetside and persistant world betas afterwords. Not to mention the sweet bonuses you can get by backing now, such as $5~ worth of UEE Credits (the in-game currency)

With the cheapest pledge ($30 - Digital Scout) you get 1 ship, the aurora, 1000 UEE Credits (around $1) and the game itself. But no beta or alpha access.

With the Digital Mercenary, you get the exact same as the cheapest pledge, but with alpha and beta access.

If you'd like to participate in the Alpha and Beta(s) i highly recommend getting the $40 pledge, if not, the $30 is fine.  

I personally own the Pathfinder LTI pledge and an aurora and i'm very pleased w/ my purchases so far and i'm eagerly awaiting the future betas! :D I'm also thinking about spending more on the game, just because it looks awesome!

--EDIT-- (forgot to cover the stretch goals)

As far as i'm aware they're gonna continue allowing people to pledge, their goal is to become the first fully publicly funded game AAA game.

Cdt3xID.png

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

snip

well said  :)

If I didn't have anything else on the list to buy I would probably go for the hornet.

Make sure you get a package with game access and not just a ship. If you want life time insurance, get someone you know and trust who has original or veteran backer status to buy you a ship and "gift" it to you. You then pay them back.

CPU AMD Ryzen 2700 X / Motherboard  / RAM 4 x 4GB  / GPU Zotac 1080Ti Amp Edition / Case Fractal Design Meshify C / Storage Samsung 850 PRO / 1TB WD Black & 2TB WD Green / PSU / Cooling Noctua / Keyboard Ducky Shine 2 / Mouse Logitech G700 / Sound O2 Amp/DAC & Audioengine A5+ speakers

okay so its looks like im either gonna get the colonel or the freelancer package im willing to go ahead and spend more money now and get alpha access and get so cool swag along with it. the question is now which one i like the fighting aspect of the hornet but the freelancer seems just as capable with much more cargo room but if i get the colonel pledge i get dat sexy usb drive

its GE (pause) TechNicks

You can pledge a smaller amount and always upgrade it later.

do you mean i can upgrade to the colonel package later and still get all the swag like the maps and posters and such and still secure my alpha/beta access because alpha only has a couple of spots left

its GE (pause) TechNicks

rule of thumb for me is don't back/pre order anything unless you have money burning a hole in your pocket. You really don't know what you are going to get.

Its worth backing if you're sure you are going to get the game. It has added benefits backing early and it's Star Citizen!

do you mean i can upgrade to the colonel package later and still get all the swag like the maps and posters and such and still secure my alpha/beta access because alpha only has a couple of spots left

You can do that if you wish. However i don't really recommend that you spend -that- much on a pledge unless you've got more than enough sitting around.

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

I'm holding out for Star Citizen II, I hear it will be double as good :P

Better yet, Star Battlefield. :ph34r:

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

I'm holding out for Star Citizen II, I hear it will be double as good :P

Better yet, Star Battlefield. :ph34r:

Gears of halo theft auto 9 : Star battlefield 2

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Gears of halo theft auto 9 : Star battlefield 2

Now you're talking!

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

rule of thumb for me is don't back/pre order anything unless you have money burning a hole in your pocket. You really don't know what you are going to get.

You can do that if you wish. However i don't really recommend that you spend -that- much on a pledge unless you've got more than enough sitting around.

right and right. i am going to back star citizen now with a cheaper pledge to secure alpha/beta access then later on upgrade it to the more costly one. after watching many videos i want the either the hornet or the freelancer and will buy it so why not upgrade the package and get teh swag with it later for 20 more dollars. i was worried and still am that i wont play the game when it comes out so im going with the cheap and if i find myself still very interested in it 2 months down the road im going to get the upgrade if not im only out 40 bucks.

its GE (pause) TechNicks

right and right. i am going to back star citizen now with a cheaper pledge to secure alpha/beta access then later on upgrade it to the more costly one. after watching many videos i want the either the hornet or the freelancer and will buy it so why not upgrade the package and get teh swag with it later for 20 more dollars. i was worried and still am that i wont play the game when it comes out so im going with the cheap and if i find myself still very interested in it 2 months down the road im going to get the upgrade if not im only out 40 bucks.

Sounds like a solid plan. 

My basic idea for playing is that i dont want to get a ship that's -too- powerful and that i wont grow out of. I want to feel my char progress and have to purchase and work for new ships :D

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler