NVIDIA: This is WRONG!!

i_build_nanosuits

Can anybody point out what is wrong with that picture?

Capture.png

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

The "GEFORCE GTX" is upside down and there's no I/O shield :D

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Just now, Morgan MLGman said:

The "GEFORCE GTX" is upside down and there's no I/O shield :D

something else is ALSO wrong...very wrong. keep looking.

that's good though...i havnt even noticed the upside down logo.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

the Geforce Logo will be upside down when installed in the correct orientaion 

It's a render, not a real picture of a card.

So no, nothing is wrong, because a render can look like anything you want....

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, KE2012 said:

the GEFORCE GTX is illuminated, where as on the real card it is not light up

ding ding ding...we have a WINNER!!!

how disapointing is that for the guys that spend money on this and didnt check reviews...you plug the thing and then BOOM...no lights!!

this IMHO is VERY wrong for nvidia to do that...you just don't do that :(

SLI finger. :o 

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Just now, i_build_nanosuits said:

how disapointing is that for the guys that spend money on this and didnt check reviews...you plug the thing and then BOOM...no lights!!

And a Millennium Falcon spaceship landed on it, whereas there is no spaceship on the real card!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

And a Millennium Falcon spaceship landed on it, whereas there is no spaceship on the real card!

lol...there is one though....but the lights...they even went as far as creating the reflection on the ground...this is unacceptable IMHO.

The card is cheap, the card is cheap...deal with it and picture it how it is: WITH NO FREAKING LIGHTS!!!

1 minute ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

1 minute ago, Matu20 said:

To get all the wrongs into one post:

* Logo should not be illuminated

* No I/O Shield

* Logo upside down

Quite absurd that this could make it past the marketing guys without someone saying 'hold up', this aint right. 

Just now, KE2012 said:

Quite absurd that this could make it past the marketing guys without someone saying 'hold up', this aint right. 

isnt it...even though i like nvidia very much...this is just plain dishonest and wrong.

1 minute ago, VagabondWraith said:

SLI finger. :o 

This 100 times.  No SLI when the RX480 has crossfire is just cutting off your nose.  Yeah an extra 10fps would be nice, but I think I'd stick with the ability to toss a second card in later.  Oh yeah more vram in the similar price point.

but the picture is the lighting effects for sure.

There's something cool here - you just can't see it.

1 minute ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Thank you!  Why has no one else noticed this!?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, KE2012 said:

I don't really know the exact laws related to advertising, but could this be classified as false advertising?

3 minutes ago, KE2012 said:

it really isnt if you think about it from a business standpoint.  They try to make their product look as good as possible and they need their logos to stand out. Its typical marketing bs. Just look at all the fast food commercials ever made. 

fast-food-ads-vs-reality_241338.jpg

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

isnt it...even though i like nvidia very much...this is just plain dishonest and wrong.

Yep, it's not like they can claim it is a placeholder for the real card as they have it and are selling it, so they know exactly what features it has. I get that it could be a mistake but I doubt it.

Just now, Matu20 said:

I don't really know the exact laws related to advertising, but could this be classified as false advertising?

No idea, but knowing it Nvidia would probably argue that it was a mistake and win. 

1 minute ago, Matu20 said:

i think it 100% could and should be considered as such...

lol...there is one though....but the lights...they even went as far as creating the reflection on the ground...this is unacceptable IMHO.

The card is cheap, the card is cheap...deal with it and picture it how it is: WITH NO FREAKING LIGHTS!!!

In all seriousness, I would've seriously thought that the Geforce GTX is illuminated because of it... Especially that they want 50$ MSRP more for the Founders Edition, and the logo isn't even with LEDs? Come on, it would've looked so much better with so little effort!

The grey part looks the same as in the review samples I see in the videos..

5 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

There's something cool here - you just can't see it.

In all seriousness, I would've seriously thought that the Geforce GTX is illuminated because of it... Especially that they want 50$ MSRP more for the Founders Edition, and the logo isn't even with LEDs? Come on, it would've looked so much better with so little effort!

the card is cheap...even though according to reviews the cooler is performing pretty well since the card is hyper energy efficient...the card has no backplate and the opening where there is usually a plexi window to let you look at the heatsink on this one it's not a window it's just a hole and then the logo does not light up.

I can't blame nvidia to shave a few bucks off of the cooler...but then in your advertising represent it as it should...cheapo with no lights. end of the story.

there's and overpriced piece of crap in the center of the picture, did I get it right ?

Hey !

I make music for gamers, come here !