NVIDIA: This is WRONG!!

i_build_nanosuits
Just now, Maybach123 said:

it really isnt if you think about it from a business standpoint.  They try to make their product look as good as possible and they need their logos to stand out. Its typical marketing bs. Just look at all the fast food commercials ever made

Hmm. It's all good to make your product look as good as possible, but to add features it doesn't have? It would be like saying on that picture of the burgers that they come with bacon or something like that and then not selling it with bacon. Atleast they show the stuff even if it looks 100 times better than reality.  

Just now, KE2012 said:

Hmm. It's all good to make your product look as good as possible, but to add features it doesn't have? It would be like saying on that picture of the burgers that they come with bacon or something like that and then not selling it with bacon. Atleast they show the stuff even if it looks 100 times better than reality.  

can't agree more...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Just now, i_build_nanosuits said:

the card is cheap...even though according to reviews the cooler is performing pretty well since the card is hyper energy efficient...the card has no backplate and the opening where there is usually a plexi window to let you look at the heatsink on this one it's not a window it's just a hole and then the logo does not light up.

I can't blame nvidia to shave a few bucks off of the cooler...but then in your advertising represent it as it should...cheapo with no lights. end of the story.

I'd be more than fine with the overall design of the reference-style cooler of the GTX 1060, as it's better looking than the 1070 and 1080 FE imo, but considering that you have to pay 50$ more for realistically a worse cooler than the ones AIB cards will be featuring (and will be cheaper + better OC and temps, probably RGB lighting etc), they could at least add a backplate and illuminate the logo, not to mention the misleading ad ;-;

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

3 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

it really isnt if you think about it from a business standpoint.  They try to make their product look as good as possible and they need their logos to stand out. Its typical marketing bs. Just look at all the fast food commercials ever made. 

yeah...but ALL the ingredients are actually in there...have you ever bought a big mac with no cheese in it?!

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Kyle's card lights up just fine....

But yes, I've heard about this. weird man. I see no reason it shouldn't light up.

Just now, Zyndo said:

Kyle's card lights up just fine....

But yes, I've heard about this. weird man. I see no reason it shouldn't light up.

where do you see it light up?! it's just green paint...like all the other 1060 FE

where do you see it light up?! it's just green paint...like all the other 1060 FE

the shot at 3:20 if you aren't bilnd by rage.

1 minute ago, YongKang said:

clearly he made a mistake in his editing because the logo does not light up...the other reviewers pointed that out...i think kyle messed up and showed footage of either the GTX 1070 or 1080 or something...

anyone?!

or maybe a weirf lighting condition makes it appear as though it lights up.

Didn't LTT say in their 1060 video that it doesn't have an LED logo?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

clearly he made a mistake in his editing because the logo does not light up...the other reviewers pointed that out...i think kyle messed up and showed footage of either the GTX 1070 or 1080 or something...

anyone?!

Nope, notice that the card doesn't have a backplate. It's a 1060.

10 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

yeah...but ALL the ingredients are actually in there...have you ever bought a big mac with no cheese in it?!

I have actually never bought a big mac at all :P.

I do see your point but i dont believe that they were trying to sell someone a card that doesn't have leds on it i think they were trying to draw focus to the geforce brand.

Also kyles does look like its lit up. but it could just be a lighting thing not sure. 

Screenshot (210).png

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

22 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

ding ding ding...we have a WINNER!!!

how disapointing is that for the guys that spend money on this and didnt check reviews...you plug the thing and then BOOM...no lights!!

this IMHO is VERY wrong for nvidia to do that...you just don't do that :(

It does light up. Watch Paul's Hardware review on it. Luke just didn't get it to light up for some reason.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

They did. and alot of the other reviewers are saying that as well. But as you can see above, the logo very much appears to be glowing. Perhaps it requires some setting to be adjusted out of the box? or kyle got some engineering sample or 1st edition card before they took out the lighting to cut costs?

Just now, byalexandr said:

It does light up. Watch Paul's Hardware review on it. Luke just didn't get it to light up for some reason.

neither did jay which is weird that some would and some wouldnt.O.o

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

Yep. 

Just now, Zyndo said:

They did. and all the other reviewers are saying that as well. But as you can see above, the logo very much appears to be glowing. Perhaps it requires some setting to be adjusted out of the box? or kyle got some engineering sample or 1st edition card before they took out the lighting to cut costs?

Just now, KE2012 said:

Yep. 

That's just weird. Kyle's and Paul's does light up.

so, does the GTX 1060 light up or not?!

cause i swear i watched over a dozen reviews of the 1060 FE today at work and more than half of the reviewers pointed out the fact that the damn logo DOES NOT LIGHT UP?!

cause i swear i watched over a dozen reviews of the 1060 FE today at work and more than half of the reviewers pointed out the fact that the damn logo DOES NOT LIGHT UP?!

just as confused as you are

I'm confused aswell now haha.  I think the safe answer though is no. 

Absolutely confused but hmm...Some AIB are cheaper anyway and you get LED with some of them.

not sure if this will help at all but the logos look identical 

Stacked.jpg 

3 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

just as confused as you are

2 minutes ago, KE2012 said:

I'm confused aswell now haha.  I think the safe answer though is no. 

Absolutely confused but hmm...Some AIB are cheaper anyway and you get LED with some of them.

well then...i guess we'll have to wait for some forum members to get their hands on one to get a definitive answer... :(

there goes my thread lol :P

well then...i guess we'll have to wait for some forum members to get their hands on one to get a definitive answer... :(

there goes my thread lol :P

knowing our... my luck the forum member would reply to say it doesn't have a GTX GEFORCE logo at all, or it lights up red or something completely unexpected.

Whats the two pin connector for. If it doesn't light up?

4a9d147d-dc8c-440e-b08f-71321cae574f.jpg 

This is from Tom's hardware review:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-pascal,4679.html

Capture.png

So i'd guess id DOES light up then?!

you probably have to activate it in GFE software or something?!