AMD Polaris Giveaway

This is my first post!

Ok so I have currently a semi old HP Z400 workstation that I saved from being decommissioned (destroyed!!).  Turns out all I had to do is get rid of its sas raid card and go straight into sata port and boom! I could load windows 10 no problem!

Current specs are a Xeon dual core (no HT) Nehalem part. But I was able to get from ebay a Westmere Xeon W3680 Six Core with HT! @3.33 Ghz!  After some search online, I found this is the equivalent of a Core i7 Extreme 980. Got it For $90 and waiting for it to come in the mail as well as a new ssd I got cheap from Amazon. 

The system also has 12 gb DDR3 1333 Mhz and a Quadro FX580 video card.

And that's it!  As far as cpu and ram is concerned, even with old technology, I believe I am ok for most modern games. The videocard is my problem now.

This is my comeback into the hobby since my last (awesome) system from back in 2004 when AMD Athlon FX cpus and the Radeon 9800XT were all the rage! That's right folks... That old! 1GB of ram was a luxury! I had it!

So this Radeon RX-480 could be of big help for me as I am really low on funds for my personal joy and the CPU and SSD were a bit of a stretch.. Help and old mid 30s gamer get back to his roots please!

I promise I will post pictures of this card in the Z400 and update you in how cool (or ridiculous!) it looks!

Take care!

I am currently using Radeon HD6770,and I think it's pretty obvious that I am desperate for an upgrade.I want it! 

Desktop is currently rocking a PEAK ATI HD5830 that I swapped for a POC Tablet I got for Christmas way back in 2010/2011. I think that card speaks for itself why I'm due an upgrade :D Having a new GPU would make my future Zen build so much more sweet too!

I still have my GTX 580 that I bought almost 4 years ago now when I first built my pc. It is one of the things I plan on upgrading to an RX480 sometime this year but if it's free, all the better. I want to try what AMD has to offer coming off of a Nvidia card.

ive got an r9 390 but my lil bro is still rocking a stupid laptop and he only gets 45fps in cs go. ive already started to get parts to get him playin at 144, but a graphics card would go a long way in me achieving that

Currently rocking integrated graphics on my i5 2430M...kill me.

A card would be great for the build I'm putting together though.

I have an Nvidia GTS 450 and it goes up to 70C when playing any game on min settings... I am currently looking for a GPU and like everysingle one of them is too expensive for me... Gibe nao pls

CPU: Intel I5 4690k @4.4 Ghz 

GPU: Gtx 770 OC

want to move to AMD to check out this new polaris technology as its new features are well above anything i can get on a pascal card especially with its new HDR capabilities. another reason is that i cant afford 2 Gpu's for my upgrade so this is sort of a lucky opportunity for me to test an AMD card instead of just been safe and buying another nvidia card  :)

Can I haz cheezburger for my R9 280X plz?

I currently have a fx 6300 with a gt630 and i cant play any of the new tittles so that's why i want this card

I'm having a GTX 550ti in my rig and looking for a gpu upgrade right now. either polaris 10 or 11 will be suitable. IN AMD WE TRUST!

Hi thar

Im currently using a r9 280 (i think). But I could do with some better stuff.

Have a 290 atm, would be great to get an even better card and be able to send mine to my little cousin in Melbourne :) He would love it

I've got a Radeon 6970 in my computer at the moment. Going to uni so the wallet is not really complying to any upgrades to my computer...

It would be sick to get that card!

Keep up the goodwork everyone!

I am using Intel HD i5 integrated graphics that comes with the 5th gen i5 processors. I would love to have a Polaris Graphics Card as I am planning on building a Gaming PC. Thank You.

I am now using an out dated laptop (2008) with an Intel Chipset Graphics (358 MB). I am always updated about games and gaming hardwares even though I don't own even one of 'em. I am saving money to buy some gaming PC rig, so if I win, it will be my best gift. 

Well,

I use my old GTX 560 and it's time for an upgrade.

I currently have a radeon r9 280x and I really want an upgrade

AMD Polaris

Graphic Card for Batman AK so I can hear Linus poor imitation (cold voice) in a gmae

i'm using VTX HD4850 1gb ddr5 but few months ago every game started to stutter and shows green and black squares and  no new graphic drivers for her ...so yea i would be happy even with HD5770 as long as it works .

I'm currently using a 960 GTX 4gb evga FTW card, havent used AMD since they bought out ATI for video cards mostly due to the bad support i heard after they took over, but i heard its gotten better so would hope for a card that has at least 4gb or more and a quite possibly not so much of a let down as the FX chip series has become because i bought it thinking it was a gaming chip... and it underperforms as im sure u guys know, i had bought to replace a 1k cost quadcore intel chip (original cost of the first line of quadcore  Extreme edition ) that i let burn due to fergetting to replace the thermal, however it hasnt exactly performed better nor worse then said chip due to FPU's -_-;; so i would hope video cards arent that bad of a letdown.. but being that i could no longer afford something of that calibur and amd price point was fine im fairly happy with 8350fx chip i purchased even tho it didnt really live up to its gaming chip design current setup = GTX 960 4gb ftw evga /32gb ram/ Asus sabertooth r2 990fx/2 x 850 evo ssd's 2x seagate 500gb hdds, 1000watt psu inside 830 stacker cooler master case (yes its old and still works ;p and yes its big and heavy , Thermal right aftermarket heatsink that works for am3+ appearently (or happened to work im not sure how olde that standard is as i was using the same heatsink on the intel.. ;p)

My actual rig has a GTX 770 that seems to be dying :c since some of the games that i used to play at 60fps+ cant run more than 30fps now :c i have cleaned my pc but results are still the same, a polaris GPU would be great for me!