AMD Polaris Giveaway

I currently own a Radeon 8570M board inside a "cheap and cheerful" laptop. I cannot even call it a gaming laptop, that'd be offensive for the other gaming laptops. And I don't want to upset them :))

I want to upgrade to a new PC but the budget is tight. I always adored AMD for some reason and tried to go with them especially when it came to Video Cards. 

I would surely make good use of 480's awesome capabilities, with all the new games coming out :D

I'm currently running a Sapphire 280X which loves to dual my AC unit... and it usually wins =(  I'd love to have the RX 480 =D it'd help my room stay cool again!

I would like a graphic card then a intergrated graphic card 

I currently use a r9 270x so i need a bit more power for my computer.

ATM i'm using an R9 280, which is allright, but with the release of Overwatch its not quite enough... Also its hella' loud so its really awkward at LANs with my buds

I currently have a R9 380 which works well, but it struggles at some of the newer games without dialing down the settings.

I have a really old desktop wid a core i3 and I was planning to build a new one...would love to start wid GPU

Currently on 970. Quite curious how AMD good graphic cards are.....

My GPU : AMD HD5770... I nknow It's kinda old... That's why I need a new card with my AMD FX8350 CPU... :)

I only use ATI/AMD cards for my builds since 2003.

I've started building my computer a little over a year ago. I patiently waited to buy each piece one by one since I figured it would be the best way to make sure I wouldn't spend the money on something else. I just managed to buy the CPU (i5 6600k) and now I can finally turn it on but there's still one piece missing : the GPU.

So right now I'm using the integrated graphics for basic games until I manage to have better and right now those AMD cards are at the top of my list.

Edited by Pihrra
typo

I am currently using an R9 290 in my rig and am very happy with it. However to play 4k and VR I am going to need a better card. I would also like the better gpuopen support for my Linux partition.

currently a nvidia 840M but if I get my rig this will be extremely helpful

I am currently rocking a chinese watercooled Zotac 650ti Boost. So maybe a real 480 can make my life a bit easier.

Hey Linus ! , big fan from Dubai i've been watching your videos before even you created LinusTechTips channel , Keep it up great work love you.

Well the reason i want this card is because i'm building a PC for my self as i have currently GTX 765m which is useless now, getting a new desktop.

Thanks Keep it up man.

I am trying to build a new pc and I was thinking about the 1070. But this card is way more cheaper for nice performance so I was always checking it out. After seing the DOOM demo I was very hopeful for these cards. If I win this giveaway why bother with a 1070.

Id like to win because my pc cant play new games i have a gtx 460 :P, gibe nao pls. 

On 2016. 07. 18. at 7:59 AM, nicklmg said:

I have more PCs, all of them crap. The best one equipped with an ancient Radeon HD4670. Luckily I have no time to play PC games since I'm a dad. If I win the card I'll demise the old one to a museum.

I have a r9 280, looking to upgrade, you guys are great keep up the work :)

Seriously need a new gpu got a 5770 . . . Plus need better psu

Keep up good work

Intel Core i3 530 Clarkdale @ 4.82 Ghz ! :D 64.5% O.C !

Daily @ 4.2 Ghz ;) 43.8 % O.C

Intel® Core™2 Duo E6320 Stock @ 1.86 Ghz --->> OCed to 2.97 Ghz 60 % O.C !

I have an MSI twin frozr radeon 7950. I want it because i can only feel good about myself if i have new things. 

I have a computer (With a GTX 960M....)

And a RX 480 is the GPU I'm relying on for my first build ?.

It would be great to get it free!

Well, I'm currently running an ASUS GTX 960 TURBO 2GB, and honestly I've always had a soft-spot for AMD. The new Architecture is spectacular, and I feel it would match my rig fairly well. My 960 simply can't handle some of the upcoming games that I'd like to play, and the new Polaris GPU's would be perfect.

CPU:R5-1600@3.8GHz - MOBO:Gigabyte AB350M-D3H Rev.1 - Ram:32GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 - GPU:Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1070 - Case:Corsair SPEC-02 - Storage:250GB 850 EVO, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Firecuda - PSU:Corsair CX750M - Displays:Main(MSI G27C4@1080p165Hz VA) Secondary(AOC 24"@1080p60Hz IPS?) -

Cooling:Corsair H100i v2 - Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Elite - Mouse:Logitech G503 - Sound:Astro A40+Mixamp Pro Gen3/HyperX Cloud Revolvers - OS:Win 10 Pro

im using a gtx260!!  in my rig i chose it years ago just when it came out for a friends pc we build together.

pc not used anymore so free less shit graphics card for me.

but damn it is old and i would like to run all 3 displays im using through the graphics card and not one through the less powerful cpu integrated graphics of my i5 2500k.

and i know polaris is a great architecture looking at the vulkan doom benchmarks its great value and would be a perfect upgrade with the old overclocked i5 2500k.

also i dont wanna suport nvidia shitting on consumers with the 970 big time, while amd just fucked up power delivery which they fixed soon at least.

also my 3rd crappy old display died literaly 2 days ago and im getting a 16:10!! (screw 16:9) 24 inch with my savings atm so no more graphics card money left anyways :P

<wants shiny amd graphics card! for da vulkan future without evil microsoft direcxaids!

Currently using R9 280X. Polaris definitely would increase energy efficiency and graphics power of my pc.