Portal 3 Trademark Authenticated, Half-Life 3 Trademark Redacted

As you all know, people all over the internet have been losing their minds over the trademark patent of Half-Life 3 which was filed in Spain. 

Unfortunately this trademark was redacted soon after. However, another was filed by Valve on October 2nd for Portal 3. 

So apparently this trademark was filed on 2nd of October 2013.  The credentials of the Trade Mark are the following:

Trade Mark Name: Portal 3
Trade Mark Number: 012190286
Officially Checked: Yes

You can check this Trade Mark over here.

Unlike the Half Life 3 Trade Mark this one has been duly examined by the OHIM – still take it with a very large pinch of salt.

While I am once again disappointed by the lack of Half-Life 3, I am still very much interested in what becomes of this. What are your thoughts on this?

Source: http://wccftech.com/portal-3-trademark-filled-legit/

CPU: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr 3 @ 1150 MHz core/6300 MHz memory | Motherboard: Some crap OEM H67 mATX board | RAM: 16GB Patriot G2 Series Division 4 @ 1333 MHz | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9i | Mouse: CM Storm Inferno | Keyboard: crap OEM keyboard (Soon to be replaced with a CM Storm Quickfire TK) | Headphones: Audiotechnica ATH-M50's | Speakers: Corsair SP2500's

wOOt. Portal. Now if they add in more than 2 people co-op, I'm officially sold.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

Portal 3!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

I was hoping for Portal 3 not HL3 if they were going to unveil a new game at the end of the third countdown.(How dare me)

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

Not the most reliable source of information as said by Linus himself....

I'm aware of that, however the patent itself is real. Whether that means we actually get Portal 3, we'll just have to wait and see. 

CPU: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr 3 @ 1150 MHz core/6300 MHz memory | Motherboard: Some crap OEM H67 mATX board | RAM: 16GB Patriot G2 Series Division 4 @ 1333 MHz | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9i | Mouse: CM Storm Inferno | Keyboard: crap OEM keyboard (Soon to be replaced with a CM Storm Quickfire TK) | Headphones: Audiotechnica ATH-M50's | Speakers: Corsair SP2500's

wOOt. Portal. Now if they add in more than 2 people co-op, I'm officially sold.

I think that will be extremely difficult lol

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

I would have preferred a HL3 release over Portal 3. Not that I dislike Portal, as it's one of my favorite games, but I don't see a need for a third game right now.

Gaben has said the HL2 Episodes are essentially a HL3. A new standalone could happen but I think new L4D or Portal are more likely (to be released first at least). With the hype HL3 has/is getting, Steam seems like the company that wouldn't want to risk tarnishing a series that is considered classic.

Otherwise, there's no way of them destroying L4D for example, a few new mechanics here and there, updated graphics, more in depth levels, etc, but the winning formula is pretty much already in place. New levels, new weapons, new zombies, new game modes, nicer graphics. I'd buy it.

• 4 weeks later...

It seems to have been retracted again because on the link, if you enter the TM number it comes back with no results found. :(

HTTP/2 203

It seems to have been retracted again because on the link, if you enter the TM number it comes back with no results found. :(

lol At this stage I think Valve is just fucking with us :D Ultimate Troll 

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

I think the Portal series should not be continued. I'd like a new innovative game better than a sequel, those always look like squeezing money out of stuff that's actually already finished.

I like the Portal series, and if it's a good sequel, then give it to me. Let's rather wait for a Portal-2-patch that changes the story's ending :D

THIS SIGNATURE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK