Sexy Membrane keyboards

Hey guys this is Austi...  JK it's my first post.

There has been a hype around Mechanical keyboards and custom mechanical keyboards these past few years and i have, myself tried these puppies.

I'm not really a keyboard enthusiast and I don't really care about the feeling, I enjoy a membrane keyboard the same way, I don't really feel a difference in the typing experience.

What i really like about mechanical keyboard is their sexy look and the fact that you can easily customize their keys. 

I really want a sexy keyboard but i don't want to spend 50 euros more for a feature that i don't really care about. ( I'm french and this is the price difference between a membrane keyboard and a mechenical one )

So guys if you know some sexy membrane keyboards (minimalistic, compact ones such as the Vortex Pok3r 3 or the CM Storm Quickfire ) wihout mechanical keys, therefore cheaper, this would be soooo great ! 

Edited by Ryan_Vickers

Please move this to peripherals section mods. 

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

I'm sorry i dont really know what youre talking about. can you tell me where exactly, i'm kind of new in the forum ;)

7 minutes ago, Gabriel_Obadia said:

I'm sorry i dont really know what youre talking about. can you tell me where exactly, i'm kind of new in the forum ;)

He was talking to the mods, not to you. Although he should have just reported it instead.

Either way, what is it that you're looking for in a keyboard (define 'sexy')? What's your budget? 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Well when i meant sexy i was thinking about something quite like the Vortex pok3r 3 or the CM storm quickfire. My budget is around 70 euros/dollars.

TBH i thought "mods" meant mods and not moderators hahaha.

4 minutes ago, Gabriel_Obadia said:

Well when i meant sexy i was thinking about something quite like the Vortex pok3r 3 or the CM storm quickfire. My budget is around 70 euros/dollars.

TBH i thought "mods" meant mods and not moderators hahaha.

Is there a reason you don't want a mechanical keyboard? I would honestly never spend that kind of money on a membrane keyboard. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

3 minutes ago, SuperMonkey507 said:

Deathstalker Chroma by Razer. Great membrane keyboard.

It's not the "look" i'm looking for but i don't doubt that thats a really good keyboard tho ;) 

AZIO L70 is what I'm using right now. Got it from NCIX for $24 CAD.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Moved to peripherals and restored OP

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Is there a reason you don't want a mechanical keyboard? I would honestly never spend that kind of money on a membrane keyboard. 

The reason is money pretty much ;) as i said earlier I don't really care. If you can find a mechanical keyboard that fits the budget and looks good in the same time i'm all in !

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Moved to peripherals and restored OP

Thank you !

6 minutes ago, Gabriel_Obadia said:

The reason is money pretty much ;) as i said earlier I don't really care. If you can find a mechanical keyboard that fits the budget and looks good in the same time i'm all in !

Ah now I can see your original post. You did something to break it before. @Ryan_Vickers fixed it for you. 

You said you don't like mechanical keyboards because you tried them before and they feel the same/similar as membrane keyboards. Did you try different switches as that can/does make a big difference. 

Regardless, do you want backlighting? RGB? Chcilet keys? Normal Keys? Do you want TKL? Or do you need a num pad (not that that's much of an option with membrane keyboards)? Media keys? 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

Ah now I can see your original post. You did something to break it before. @Ryan_Vickers fixed it for you. 

You said you don't like mechanical keyboards because you tried them before and they feel the same/similar as membrane keyboards. Did you try different switches as that can/does make a big difference. 

Regardless, do you want backlighting? RGB? Chcilet keys? Normal Keys? Do you want TKL? Or do you need a num pad (not that that's much of an option with membrane keyboards)? Media keys? 

I like Mechanical keyboards. I just don't feel like spending 50 bucks more and not feeling a difference. I want backlighting, i couldn't care less about RGB, I want a tenkeyless keyboard i'm not using the numpad.

Thank you for helping me posting this Ryan.

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

8 hours ago, Gabriel_Obadia said:

Hey guys this is Austi...  JK it's my first post.

There has been a hype around Mechanical keyboards and custom mechanical keyboards these past few years and i have, myself tried these puppies.

I'm not really a keyboard enthusiast and I don't really care about the feeling, I enjoy a membrane keyboard the same way, I don't really feel a difference in the typing experience.

What i really like about mechanical keyboard is their sexy look and the fact that you can easily customize their keys. 

I really want a sexy keyboard but i don't want to spend 50 euros more for a feature that i don't really care about. ( I'm french and this is the price difference between a membrane keyboard and a mechenical one )

So guys if you know some sexy membrane keyboards (minimalistic, compact ones such as the Vortex Pok3r 3 or the CM Storm Quickfire ) wihout mechanical keys, therefore cheaper, this would be soooo great ! 

here, https://www.mechanicalkeyboards.co.id/product/detail/magicforce-smart-68-silver-case-gateron-blue-white-led

cost roughly 55 euros

here's the review

Edited by iM8Pizza