Opinion on my Watercooling Loop Issue

Hello everyone, I'm hoping some of the more experienced watercooling users can give me their opinion on an issue i'm having with my newly completed loop.

The loop is as follows:

1 Alphacool NexXxos 45mm 360mm rad

1 Alphacool NexXxos 45mm 240mm rad

Bitspower Compression Fittings

XSPC D5 Photon Rez+Pump Combo

Koolance CPU 380-I CPU Block

2 x  EKFC1080 GTX Strix - Nickel GPU Blocks

PrimoChill Advanced LRT White Tubing

Distilled water

Silver Kill Coil

I just finished putting this loop together 2 days ago and ran a leak test for 24 hours and there was no leaks and it seemed to run fine. Unfortunately this issue turned up when I noticed through the glass on 1 of my GPU blocks that I was getting some pretty noticeable yellow discoloration, and after having waited awhile it seemed to be getting worse. I emptied the loop and the water looked fine and decided to refill the loop but this time with the Water pre-treatment Sysprep that came with my Primochill tubing to try and hopefully clean out what was causing the yellow discoloration. However unfortunately, after about 12 hours with that treated water in the loop, it seems to have had no effect and the block looks worse then before. I attached a picture to this post of what it looked like right after I put in the treated water.

In short, any opinions on what it is? Algea? Corrosion? Either way when I get home tonight I'm gonna take the card out and open the block up and find out what it is/clean it. I should also note that the other card running in parallel has no problems in it's block and the water in the glass rez looks perfectly normal. The water I emptied out in my first flush also came out absolutely clean.

Thanks for your help!

20160714_224012.jpg

4 minutes ago, Ktwo said:

Hello everyone, I'm hoping some of the more experienced watercooling users can give me their opinion on an issue i'm having with my newly completed loop.

The loop is as follows:

1 Alphacool NexXxos 45mm 360mm rad

1 Alphacool NexXxos 45mm 240mm rad

Bitspower Compression Fittings

XSPC D5 Photon Rez+Pump Combo

Koolance CPU 380-I CPU Block

2 x  EKFC1080 GTX Strix - Nickel GPU Blocks

PrimoChill Advanced LRT White Tubing

Distilled water

Silver Kill Coil

I just finished putting this loop together 2 days ago and ran a leak test for 24 hours and there was no leaks and it seemed to run fine. Unfortunately this issue turned up when I noticed through the glass on 1 of my GPU blocks that I was getting some pretty noticeable yellow discoloration, and after having waited awhile it seemed to be getting worse. I emptied the loop and the water looked fine and decided to refill the loop but this time with the Water pre-treatment Sysprep that came with my Primochill tubing to try and hopefully clean out what was causing the yellow discoloration. However unfortunately, after about 12 hours with that treated water in the loop, it seems to have had no effect and the block looks worse then before. I attached a picture to this post of what it looked like right after I put in the treated water.

In short, any opinions on what it is? Algea? Corrosion? Either way when I get home tonight I'm gonna take the card out and open the block up and find out what it is/clean it. I should also note that the other card running in parallel has no problems in it's block and the water in the glass rez looks perfectly normal. The water I emptied out in my first flush also came out absolutely clean.

Thanks for your help!

Well for one nickel and silver aren't recommended in the same loop they're borderline dos-similar metals, it's only recommended to use a premix or Petra's PT nuke if your going with distilled water.

As for the yellowing it could be flux from the rads if you didn't flush them well enough if the loop is brand new. 

3 minutes ago, W-L said:

Well for one nickel and silver aren't recommended in the same loop they're borderline dos-similar metals, it's only recommended to use a premix or Petra's PT nuke if your going with distilled water.

As for the yellowing it could be flux from the rads if you didn't flush them well enough if the loop is brand new. 

Yeah, I had read that theoretically you shouldn't, but a lot of people had already done it with no issues, but I will try to remove it (I put it in the rez and it's actually going to be surprisingly hard to remove). 

As for the flux, I had cleaned both rads with some Boiling water (Well I boiled it and let it cool a bit until it wasen't burning hot), but regardless of that wouldn't it also be affecting my other block as well? (I'm using an EKFC Paralell Terminal).

Thanks for the response.

3 minutes ago, Ktwo said:

Yeah, I had read that theoretically you shouldn't, but a lot of people had already done it with no issues, but I will try to remove it (I put it in the rez and it's actually going to be surprisingly hard to remove). 

As for the flux, I had cleaned both rads with some Boiling water (Well I boiled it and let it cool a bit until it wasen't burning hot), but regardless of that wouldn't it also be affecting my other block as well? (I'm using an EKFC Paralell Terminal).

Thanks for the response.

How long have you had your loop running? 

If it's recent I shouldn't have gotten growth so easily, but it potentially could be that, hard to say unless you open it up for cleaning to see what it could be. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

How long have you had your loop running? 

If it's recent I shouldn't have gotten growth so easily, but it potentially could be that, hard to say unless you open it up for cleaning to see what it could be. 

So far it's been running for a little over 36 hours, with a water change in the middle of that. But the yellow in the corner of the block started as early as 12 hours in.

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Ktwo said:

So far it's been running for a little over 36 hours, with a water change in the middle of that. But the yellow in the corner of the block started as early as 12 hours in.

Thanks

Hmm my guess would probably some kind of contaminate somewhere in the loop if it's that new. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

Hmm my guess would probably some kind of contaminate somewhere in the loop if it's that new. 

Alright, thanks for the info. I'll be taking it apart in a couple hours and will find out. I'm just hoping it's limited mostly to the gpu blocks, but i'll have to investigate.

Thanks.