Today Nvidia released their first Nvidia GPU exlcusive game: The NVIDIA VR Funhouse demo

Karavusk

a8e1b0e539.jpg

It only runs on Nvidia GPUs with no technical need for it. It blocks all AMD GPUs. It would run really bad on AMD GPUs anyway

but outright blocking them is a different thing....

The game runs (bad but whatever) on a gtx 980 with CPU phsyx so there should be no difference to a r9 390x and no technical reason

to not let AMD GPUs even start the game

edit: I didnt know where to post this... I hope graphics cards should be ok because this is a GPU related topic

Remember guys, monopoly is fantastic!

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

And? It's a tech demo for their customers. And they developed it. If you really want to fill water balloons might I suggest an actual fair.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Yeah, if this was anything but a tech demo I would actually care. In this case, no.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

3 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

Fucking hate Nvidia for this -_-...hope Nvidia gets a big dick in there corporation and a huge fail

HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

i7 2700k 4.5GHz / Cooler Master Nepton 240mm / Asus Sabertooth Z77 / HyperX Savage 32gb / EVGA GTX TITAN SUPERCLOCKED SIGNATURE

1 minute ago, Centurius said:

Yeah, if this was anything but a tech demo I would actually care. In this case, no.

Well a lot of vr games are pretty much a tech demo right now...

1 minute ago, LizardsAreOP said:

Fucking hate Nvidia for this -_-...hope Nvidia gets a big dick in there corporation and a huge fail

You hate a company for spending their money on a tech demo for their customers? Really?

1 minute ago, App4that said:

You hate a company for spending their money on a tech demo for their customers? Really?

This is Nvidia probing the community. Trust me, sooner or later there will be actual games with such code.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

5 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

No one is complaining how microsoft pretty much almost has a monopoly on pc gaming with directx.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

1 minute ago, SLAYR said:

No one is complaining how microsoft pretty much almost has a monopoly on pc gaming with directx.

Who says we're not complaining? Have you seen the support behind Vulkan?

2 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

This is Nvidia probing the community. Trust me, sooner or later there will be actual games with such code.

Right, and if they did? Should Sony be made to let Xbox users use their exclusive titles?

2 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

Who says we're not complaining? Have you seen the support behind Vulkan?

The funny thing is that Doom is still Windows exclusive

I'm fairly sure none of the tech demo's Nvidia has produced over the years worked on AMD gpu's.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

1 minute ago, App4that said:

Right, and if they did? Should Sony be made to let Xbox users use their exclusive titles?

Let me ask you this, how would you feel if FO4 just became AMD exclusive tomorrow? Would you not be pissed? I mean, this is what PC gaming is - open. If we lose that then I'm better off with a PS4

2 minutes ago, Karavusk said:

The funny thing is that Doom is still Windows exclusive

No it's not. Vulkan came and brought a massive performance boost

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

Do you even see my signature?

EVGA GTX TITAN SUPERCLOCKED SIGNATURE

And from which family is the Titan from?? guess your self , after they fucked me over and many other users Nvidia is dead to me,not to mention how they release a X80 or XX80 GPU call it the fastest in the world,drop some random $1000-3000 Titan and then they release a X80 Ti or XX80 Ti card which is half cheaper but has the same performance,they done this with the 700 series,900 series and will do it with the 1000 or 10 series

i7 2700k 4.5GHz / Cooler Master Nepton 240mm / Asus Sabertooth Z77 / HyperX Savage 32gb / EVGA GTX TITAN SUPERCLOCKED SIGNATURE

1 minute ago, don_svetlio said:

Let me ask you this, how would you feel if FO4 just became AMD exclusive tomorrow? Would you not be pissed? I mean, this is what PC gaming is - open. If we lose that then I'm better off with a PS4

Pst, with DX 12 there is no reason not to have a card from both of them installed.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

2 minutes ago, Centurius said:

I'm fairly sure none of the tech demo's Nvidia has produced over the years worked on AMD gpu's.

But it still doesnt run on Linux. The whole game is still a .exe that would only run on Linux if you use WINE (which would have normal performance thanks to Vulkan)

but the DRM doesnt allow this because the DRM itself only runs on Windows. Theoretically a cracked doom version which is not out yet could run on Linux

2 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Pst, with DX 12 there is no reason not to have a card from both of them installed.

Yes there is. That only works in 1 game.

1 minute ago, don_svetlio said:

And in that situation I can stay with AMD (remember I had two AMD cards when Fallout 4 launched) or not play it. Nvidia won't put the kind of money it takes for a exclusive PC game, no way in hell. This is a tech demo at best and is meant to show off the new VR features with Pascal.

You're being silly and you know it.

Right on man,it should be open and companies should work together to make tech evolve faster and customers more happy,BUT NO nvidia has to make EVERYTHING they take "Nvidia Exclusive" so fuck them then im better off with AMD or a console

2 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

I have a reason. Only 2 games support it.

2 minutes ago, Karavusk said:

But it still doesnt run on Linux. The whole game is still a .exe that would only run on Linux if you use WINE (which would have normal performance thanks to Vulkan)

but the DRM doesnt allow this because the DRM itself only runs on Windows. Theoretically a cracked doom version which is not out yet could run on Linux

Think you quoted the wrong person there.

My Build:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, LizardsAreOP said:

Do you even see my signature?

And from which family is the Titan from?? guess your self , after they fucked me over and many other users Nvidia is dead to me,not to mention how they release a X80 or XX80 GPU call it the fastest in the world,drop some random $1000-3000 Titan and then they release a X80 Ti or XX80 Ti card which is half cheaper but has the same performance,they done this with the 700 series,900 series and will do it with the 1000 or 10 series

Ask Don how many times I was called an Nvidia fan when I had 750us dollars of Radeon hardware in my case. Go on, ask the man xD