LG PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Projector Giveaway

I know it isn't the first time this has been done but it's great to see a company doing short-throw projectors well - LG's attempt is one of the first I've seen that actually looks good (really good).

Also, this is a nice excuse to finally register on LTT :) 

Imagine if they made not-half-bad budget versions of this thing, they'd sell like hot-cakes.

This would be nice to have as me and the wife only have a 27" TV. It would be cool to be able to watch movies on it with her.

It would be great to have one of these considering I don't currently have a TV in my home

My thoughts on the LG Projector: I believe that this is the first projector that could become really mainstream in most households accross the US, mostly because of its ability to display so close, but also for its compact body

I would use this both for cinema nights or I would add this to my gaming setup as my main screen. Would love to win this.

I've never won a giveaway before, hoping this could be my first. I'd put it to good use since I can't afford a TV or monitor

Looks really neat, would love to play with friends and watch movies or series on it :D

4 hours ago, CPotter said:

This looks awesome. I would love to play CSGO on my wall, while I'm in bed. Or maybe Civ 5 with a steam controller?

The PF1000U does something I never thought could have been done. Makes a huge image on a surface at a VERY short distance from the wall. I really like that, it gives anyone, even someone like me that lives in an apartment to enjoy movies on a HUGE display in a room the size of my 12x10 ftr bedroom. I have so many ideas of what I could do with my laptop and this projector. I could fit this in my backpack as well as my laptop. I'm excited, good luck everyone. 

Incredible how good the image looks and its also amazing how it needs little space in order to achieve a massive screen size. Perfect for game/movie nights.

this would be awesome for mario kart lan partys!

I always considered projectors a real gimmick, though the last home one I ever got to use properly was around a decade ago from memory. Where as this thing I could actually use without wanting to vomit in hopes it gets in my eyes and improve image quality.